Has a game ever made you cry? (or come close to it?)

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Mirado

No, no game has ever made me cry, or come close to it. Come to think of it, neither have movies. Or books. Or....funerals. I really don't get all that sad, or rather I deal with sadness a lot better then most people. I also find that I laugh quite a lot, and don't get mad all that often, so perhaps I'm just have a buoyant personality? No, wait, I'm also bitterly sarcastic most of the time....perhaps that's too much information.

Good job. Not many topics force a bit of auto-psychoanalysis like this one does.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By Tiwi

@wemibelec90 said:

No. Games still aren't human enough to elicit an emotional response from me. I can only feel that way with actual human beings portraying real emotions.

This man never saw a pixar movie. Ever.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Brendan

Haven't shed tears per say, but 4 separate moments in ME 3 elicited strong emotional responses from me. Seriously, that game...

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By myke_tuna

After watching the Mass Effect 3 ending, I almost had the feeling of wanting to cry, but I didn't. I think that was due to the feeling of "Wow, that whole series is over for me" than the "power" of the ending.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Video_Game_King said:

Some games have managed to elicit stronger than usual emotional connections out of me (Final Fantasy VI, Katawa Shoujo, Fragile Dreams, etc.), but never once have I actually cried because of a game.

What was the most emotional part of Katawa Shoujo for you. For me it was near the end of Lily's route when Lily was leaving for Scotland and was saying goodbye to Hanako. The relationship between those two was my favorite in the whole game, even more then Hisao and any of the girls. It was hard to see them break apart.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By Marz

the first game that ever made me cry was ff3 aka 6... at various moments.   

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@MysteriousBob

If you cry over any fiction, please go to your local train station and lie down on the tracks.

The fuck is wrong with you people, good god. If you want I can come round to your house and butcher your family, show you genuine tragedy.

Will you beat them to death with your 7-foot cock you manly Alpha-male you?

Seriously, fuck right off.
Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#58  Edited By Wemibelle

@Tiwi said:

@wemibelec90 said:

No. Games still aren't human enough to elicit an emotional response from me. I can only feel that way with actual human beings portraying real emotions.

This man never saw a pixar movie. Ever.

Ah, good point. Forgot about Pixar movies. When games can hit that level of emotion, then they have truly become too real.

Trains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Trains

I came quite close to it in assassin's creed brotherhood in the final repressed memory.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@weegieanawrench

Sure, some games and movies can make me misty eyed. From recent memory, Thane's death scene made me tear up.

Oh man awesome fucking spoilers there asshole.
Avatar image for deactivated-66361f5b4a584
deactivated-66361f5b4a584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Viva pinata trouble in paradise. Seeing my first pretztail being hunted by professor pester as I sat there not able to do anything but watch as he killed and ATE HIM. Seriously emotional moment.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#62  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Never cried, because I am a robot and incapable of showing emotion, but the ending of Persona 3 hit me in a really weird way.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By toowalrus

Dom... DOM! I didn't cry, but may have shead a single tear. Also, the return to Shadow Moses in MGS4 may have choked me up a little... I think there was some great music or something, don't really remember.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By Rohok

No. No video game has been put together well enough to make me forget I'm playing a game. Movies and TV shows, on the other hand...

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BaneFireLord

The ending of Crisis Core almost brought me to tears. Too bad the rest of the game wasn't so great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ME3 with thanes scene with his son n prayer n the final conversation with Anderson it really just made me feel so weird inside lol I just saw him like a father figure very emotional stuff

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By Turambar
@Marz said:

the first game that ever made me cry was ff3 aka 6... at various moments.   

It's almost funny how when probably the bulk of us played it at a pretty damn young age, the fact that you are actively attempting suicide was never really made clear to you due to the in game text being near jovial about it.  But god damn that was a bummer.
kurtbro900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By kurtbro900

I know it's lame but FF7. That's right, Aeris death. Whatever I was 10 at the time!

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69  Edited By CJduke

I cried at how beautiful Journey was

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#70  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

What was the most emotional part of Katawa Shoujo for you.

Hanako. Just...Hanako.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By dungbootle

@MysteriousBob said:

If you cry over any fiction, please go to your local train station and lie down on the tracks.

The fuck is wrong with you people, good god. If you want I can come round to your house and butcher your family, show you genuine tragedy.

I don't think you deserve art.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By strainedeyes

Some of the moments in ME3 got to me a little, stuff like the Garrus hangout. I think they did a fine job giving everyone a final moment in the trilogy.

nywt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#73  Edited By nywt

The only games that come to mind are Red Dead Redemption and Journey. There are moments in both where I became choked up.

Avatar image for maddogexplosive
MaddogExplosive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By MaddogExplosive

That I can recall, the ending of Crisis Core is the only thing that ever made me cry, and I cried like an idiot, even though I knew it was coming. I'm far from the biggest FFVII fan, but I developed an abnormally powerful attachment to Zack as a protagonist, definitely one of my favorite video game heroes ever. Heck, I wish I could be more like Zack in real life.

RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By RadixNegative2

The end of Journey did it for me. Totally wasn't expecting it either.

dwgill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By dwgill

I think the closest I've ever come was some time ago when I first played Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and one day spontaneously started considering the possibility that all of these guards probably had wives and families back home who were going to be quite distressed to hear about my escapades.

I was 12 at the time, I think.

Avatar image for the_great_skenardo
the_great_skenardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I teared up over the ending of FFX back in the day, and The Fabulous Screech resonated with me at the end in a really weird way that left me disconsolate for about three minutes afterwards.

EDIT: Goddammit I played The Fabulous Screech again and it wrecked me again.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By X19

FF7 Aeris getting killed. Cried like a baby XD

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By awesomeusername

@quimstyle said:

James Marsden

John Marston....

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By MegaLombax

The ending of Okami.

Reddy1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Reddy1124

The ending to Journey actually hit me really hard. It was the 1st time I've ever cried from a game...(other than Persona 3/4).

ragemachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ragemachine

I tend to tear up during touching parts of movies, books, or games. I very rarely actually cry, as being men we're socialized out of it at a very young age; but it's good to be connected to one's emotions.

@GalacticPunt: Man, it's been a long time since I saw the ending to Metal Gear Solid 3. That's was such a great game.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Rabid619

I very rarely get choked up at things (not a point of bragging, just a statement), but Mass Effect 3 really had to close. I had to hold back quite a bit during the finale, as ME has become not only my favourite game series but my favourite series in general. Saying goodbye to the friends that I had made over the years broke my damn heart, I wish there would have been a hug option for Garrus, honestly. Sure, we're bros, but even bros need hugs!

KindaSarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By KindaSarcastic

Yeah, the ending of BioShock 2: Minerva's Den. From what I can remember it was the first time I was moved to tears by a video game.

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Klaimore

Red dead redemtion made me angry and sad on that scene with Marston after going through so much shit to just be betrayed like that.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#86  Edited By Liquidus

I've never really cried due to a game or even a movie but I've certainly had very strong emotional responses to certain games. The ending of MGS3 comes to mind with just how sad and depressing it is and knowing the path that Big Boss takes later on in the series. Both Portal games evoke a very strong sense of happiness from both of their endings even though each is kind of a bitter sweet ending. When you go up the elevator in Portal 2 and all the turrets start singing to you and finally, Chell has her freedom, it was pretty touching. Also, SPACE!

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By probablytuna

Mass Effect 3. Not because of the ending of the game which is disappointing to say the least, but because it's the end of Shepard's story.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Giefcookie

I have a thing for crying when things end, even if its not particularly sad. Ending of FF9 was probably the first time I cried during a game.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#89  Edited By Liquidus

@probablytuna said:

Mass Effect 3. Not because of the ending of the game which is disappointing to say the least, but because it's the end of Shepard's story.

Man, that mission on Rannoch is probably the absolute highlight of the entire series for me. I jumping out of my chair so much I was standing for the last 5 minutes of it. Besides the Reapers, the events of that mission is probably as real as shit as ever gotten in the entire series.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90  Edited By DoctorWelch

I cried when my parents took away my pokemon game in like 2nd grade...does that count?

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By RobotHamster

I've said it before it didn't make me cry but I got emotional, in Shadow of the Colossus when Agro falls and you think he died sacrificing his life for you. And then at the end you see he's alright! Except for his broken leg...

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#92  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

If a game has a well written story and gets me to actually like the characters, when those characters die in meaningful ways, I have been known to shed a tear or two. Also, I am a sucker for a heroic sacrifice. ME3 made it happen thrice, and I'm not referring to the ending.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#93  Edited By sjschmidt93

Close... MGS4

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#94  Edited By fisher81
solidejake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By solidejake

I almost cried at MGS4 the other day, despite beating it like fifty times. And also MGS3. I can't think of another game that put me at an emotional state like that.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By NegativeCero

Half Life 2: Episode 2. That ending was amazing

VodkaMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By VodkaMedia

Yeah, now that I think about it, Portal 2's ending was almost tearful, but it was a "joyful-almost-tearful." Mass Effect 3 most recently, the scene with Mordin (probably one of my favorite characters in Mass Effect). I don't think that Jennifer Hale really does a better job as Shepard than does Mark Meer, and that she really doesn't add any emotion for me (if not takes emotion away, but I think it's a gender difference thing for me; I prefer to play as a male character, not sexist). ANYWAY, Snake Eater was pretty touching for me, "pulling the trigger" made me feel bad.

I know that I have almost, as in "can't see through my tears," cried, and have then had to try my best not to cry (nothing against it, of course). I just can't remember any other games that have brought out that kind of emotion. Let's see...

Fallout 3 ending, maybe a little bit of a sad reaction. Maybe... Parts of The Saboteur? Just throwing ideas out there. Ah, I know there are other games to which I have had a sad reaction, just can't remember! Well, I'm sure that I'll think of something.

Edit: Oh, yes, of course! Half-Life 2: Episode 2, still not a major reaction, but notable.

I should note that almost any game that can deeply sadden me is pretty darn good. If a game is ever able to bring me to full-on tears (Mass Effect 3 true ending, anyone?), then I would most likely love it.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

Never cried, but Journey and Flower have both gotten to me more than most games, or movies or books really, ever have.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#99  Edited By HairyMike87

FF VII. You know which part.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#100  Edited By Phatmac

Metal Gear Solid 4. Near the end. Still haven't felt the same way that game made me feel. Going back to SM, the whole starting level with PS1 graphics again and all that. Brought back great memories of one of my earliest gaming memories. For it to come back like that was shocking and made me tear up at how time has gone by.