Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Guiltyspark

1. Lock the submissions

2. Accept/regect all of the current ones you recieved

3. Once finished , Give every user the ability to submit only 5 times a day for awhile so you can outsource to india or get moderation staff that know how to approve things other than images.

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Guiltyspark

nobody?

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By I_smell

I think that'd be counter-productive. Some people make TONNES of submissions a day. You don't want to restrict guys like that.

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Guiltyspark

i used to make tons of submissions

until 3 days later when i realised non of them have been touched

METALM1LITIA91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By METALM1LITIA91

I'm willing to wait forever. Who cares really. Also it would slow the rapid growth of knowledge with 5 per day. Also as more people get 1000 points they won't be moderated.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By hazelnutman

I dissagree wholeheartedly.

The magic to this place is that I have no restrictions. I can be a beast without a limit.

Sure, it must be tiring for the staff, but I think having too much is better than too little or a controlled amount.

Be patient.

Nobility

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Nobility

You underestimate a possible angry community,,,

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Guiltyspark
METALM1LITIA91 said:
"I'm willing to wait forever. Who cares really. Also it would slow the rapid growth of knowledge with 5 per day. Also as more people get 1000 points they won't be moderated."
they made it 5000 points

sorry
Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Why_So_Serious

I can see ups and downs with that. Once people get 1000 than you will see submissions being accepted more often. ALso if they lock submissions for now it could relieve some stress on them. For now I think things should stay the way they are on here. Things are going well.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mourne

Sorry, that's not a really good idea all things considered. They'll always have submissions to go through at this rate, and that's a really positive thing in a way. The site will continue to evolve on the editorial side due to the hard work of the staff, and the game content will continue to evolve thanks to the ever-dedicated userbase. The sheer amount of potential here is unrivaled anywhere else on the net, so I think it's very important (as I'm sure the staff would agree) that the users not be limited with their contributions.

That's just how I see it, anyway.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By hazelnutman
Guiltyspark said:
"METALM1LITIA91 said:
"I'm willing to wait forever. Who cares really. Also it would slow the rapid growth of knowledge with 5 per day. Also as more people get 1000 points they won't be moderated."
they made it 5000 points

sorry "
Nope, that's only for making new pages.

It's still 1000 for live edits for existing pages.
epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By epic_pets

What do you mean by lock them

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By tariqari

Or you could just learn to be patient instead of ruining the fun for everyone :/

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Hamz
Guiltyspark said:
"1. Lock the submissions

3. Once finished , Give every user the ability to submit only 5 times a day for awhile so you can outsource to india or get moderation staff that know how to approve things other than images.

"
Locking the submissions only means when their unlocked people will flood the system again. It also removes a big part of what the site is, submitting content for the site.

Currently for every submission that goes through another 5 or more replace it, this will likely reduce as time goes by to a more managable level of input and output.

Limiting users to a set number of submissions per day again negates a big piece of what makes GiantBomb unique. Images are by far the easiest to approve or reject due to their simple nature of what makes them valid or not to be uploaded. Some people have created seriously long and lengthy submissions for exisiting articles while others have started entirely new ones. You can't just skim over them, you have to sit and read each one to make sure the information is correct and not plagorised from another source.

As i've told you before, be patient like everyone else, you're not the only one with a 3 day back log of pending submissions. Some of the Staff have been working literally day and night trying to get through it all, infact some wake up when its daylight and head to bed when its daylight thats just how long they work.
Dakota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Dakota

TC, your very sour in regards to your submissions not being approved. You don't see many others complaining loudly like you, so put a cap on it eh?

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ltcoljaxson
Guiltyspark said:
"1. Lock the submissions

"
No. They want to build the site. They don't want to restrict users from helping to build a community.
It just doesn't make sense.