Honorable Mentions..

Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By Stealthoneill

Because my game of the year post was all about my top game, I thought I would dedicate a blog to those that came close and sucked a whole lot of my time on the 360 up.

Battlefield: Bad Company completely took me by suprise, when I picked it up it seemed like another Cally Of Duty clone, I picked

Its just What we do
Its just What we do
it up because I wanted a good military shooter and the explosions and the enviroment destruction looked like a nice addition to the genre. Much to my suprise I was sucked in to the story of 4 rag tag soldiers who are thrown together in a fight for money, rather than glory with often hilarious consequences. Although the mechanics seemed stiff after coming from Call of Duty 4 the explosions and pure comedy value definately made a game that stands out from the usual First Person Shooter.

Burnout Paradise was a game I took my time in picking up, I have quite a few racing games in
Brakes!!
Brakes!!
my collection (Forza 2 and Grid etc..). And to be honest really wasnt in the mood for another track racer, alas I got it for my birthday and havent really looked back since! Definately the best racing game on the 360 and a great step for the Burnout Series. Along with all the additional content I am sure I will be revisiting Paradise City in the near future!

Fallout 3 is obviously a recent purchase, I delved in and gave it 50 hours doing as much of the side quests as possible and completed the main quest. Excellent game, just excellent. But now I feel as if I am done with it for a while, maybe I will revisit it at some point who knows..

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts was an impulse buy because I loved the first two games.  Although it took me a couple of weeks to really appreciate what this game is I ended up really enjoying every minute of it. The vibrant colours and slick gameplay along with the User generated content aspect was all in unison to create a fun experience that is worth revisiting to see how differently you could finish tasks!

Guitar Hero World Tour was something I fought over with myself for weeks before it came out, being quite a big purchase I wasnt sure if I would get my moneys worth, luckily the set list is something I really enjoy and drumming was a completely new experience so, this is a game I visit when I need to chill out and listen to something while playing. I know people had problems, but I could never get in to Rock Band so this game seemed like my logical choice.
'I dont Know the Words!!'

Lost Odyssey is something that must have sucked up weekends of my time, a very enjoyable RPG with a great in depth, touching story with a new idea on story telling that makes everything a little more touching and deeper. Mini stories along your quest which sometimes have deeper meaning, and some are there for a bit of comic relief.

Finally GTA 4 is an obvious one, After completing the main story I was left feeling as if there was something missing. The game in general didnt feel like a Grant Theft Auto, it was serious with its morale choices and Niko is a character that had depth and really worked in the role. All good things I know, but it just isnt how GTA of old was. I remember flooding weeks of my time in to San Andreas to get all the stupid extras, the car collections and side missions were all good fun and made the experience complete. I never felt the want, or need to do that with 4.
No, I do not want to go Bowling!

This game took itself a little to seriously for a GTA, by any other name this game would have been awesome. I guess its just me and my expectations going in to the game that made me come out disappointed, although I did love the game and it was awesome and the graphics were immense.. So I guess I love it and I loathe it at the same time.

Just so you know, I like to play games when I get them and give them a decent try before going on the the next. These are the games I am still waiting to play that sit on my shelf all wrapped up Gears of War 2, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, Left 4 Dead, Bully: Scholarship Edition, Saints Row and Saints Row 2. (I picked them both up on sale, excellent deal as I hear they are very similiar to San Andreas!)

Hope you all had a great Christmas and Have an excellent New Years!
Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Stealthoneill

Because my game of the year post was all about my top game, I thought I would dedicate a blog to those that came close and sucked a whole lot of my time on the 360 up.

Battlefield: Bad Company completely took me by suprise, when I picked it up it seemed like another Cally Of Duty clone, I picked

Its just What we do
Its just What we do
it up because I wanted a good military shooter and the explosions and the enviroment destruction looked like a nice addition to the genre. Much to my suprise I was sucked in to the story of 4 rag tag soldiers who are thrown together in a fight for money, rather than glory with often hilarious consequences. Although the mechanics seemed stiff after coming from Call of Duty 4 the explosions and pure comedy value definately made a game that stands out from the usual First Person Shooter.

Burnout Paradise was a game I took my time in picking up, I have quite a few racing games in
Brakes!!
Brakes!!
my collection (Forza 2 and Grid etc..). And to be honest really wasnt in the mood for another track racer, alas I got it for my birthday and havent really looked back since! Definately the best racing game on the 360 and a great step for the Burnout Series. Along with all the additional content I am sure I will be revisiting Paradise City in the near future!

Fallout 3 is obviously a recent purchase, I delved in and gave it 50 hours doing as much of the side quests as possible and completed the main quest. Excellent game, just excellent. But now I feel as if I am done with it for a while, maybe I will revisit it at some point who knows..

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts was an impulse buy because I loved the first two games.  Although it took me a couple of weeks to really appreciate what this game is I ended up really enjoying every minute of it. The vibrant colours and slick gameplay along with the User generated content aspect was all in unison to create a fun experience that is worth revisiting to see how differently you could finish tasks!

Guitar Hero World Tour was something I fought over with myself for weeks before it came out, being quite a big purchase I wasnt sure if I would get my moneys worth, luckily the set list is something I really enjoy and drumming was a completely new experience so, this is a game I visit when I need to chill out and listen to something while playing. I know people had problems, but I could never get in to Rock Band so this game seemed like my logical choice.

Lost Odyssey is something that must have sucked up weekends of my time, a very enjoyable RPG with a great in depth, touching story with a new idea on story telling that makes everything a little more touching and deeper. Mini stories along your quest which sometimes have deeper meaning, and some are there for a bit of comic relief.

Finally GTA 4 is an obvious one, After completing the main story I was left feeling as if there was something missing. The game in general didnt feel like a Grant Theft Auto, it was serious with its morale choices and Niko is a character that had depth and really worked in the role. All good things I know, but it just isnt how GTA of old was. I remember flooding weeks of my time in to San Andreas to get all the stupid extras, the car collections and side missions were all good fun and made the experience complete. I never felt the want, or need to do that with 4.

This game took itself a little to seriously for a GTA, by any other name this game would have been awesome. I guess its just me and my expectations going in to the game that made me come out disappointed, although I did love the game and it was awesome and the graphics were immense.. So I guess I love it and I loathe it at the same time.

Just so you know, I like to play games when I get them and give them a decent try before going on the the next. These are the games I am still waiting to play that sit on my shelf all wrapped up Gears of War 2, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, Left 4 Dead, Bully: Scholarship Edition, Saints Row and Saints Row 2. (I picked them both up on sale, excellent deal as I hear they are very similiar to San Andreas!)

Hope you all had a great Christmas and Have an excellent New Years!
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By the8bitNacho

I honestly just couldn't get into Lost Odyssey.  I've tried to go back and play it so many times, but I'm really just not engaged by the story, and the fact that games have just gotten easier over the last few years seemes to have spoiled me when it comes to the game's exceedingly challenging boss fights.  I just can't do it.

Most of the other games you've mentioned are ones I've played and really enjoyed.  I need to get into Fallout 3--I've not gotten very far at all--but I just don't feel like I can sit down and play it as much as I would like to in a single sitting.  Someday.