• 192 results
#1 Posted by reelife (351 posts) -

Hey guys, I was wondering how did you find out about giantbomb?

I came here because I was looking for a Let's Play on deadly premonition.

#2 Posted by Bigheart711 (1240 posts) -

Back when the site was with Whiskey Media, I found it through Anime Vice right after hearing about it. I've been chatting shit up here ever since.

#3 Posted by dogman795 (109 posts) -

About a year or 2 ago, I was way into let's plays. I googled "let's play Persona 4" and you can probably guess what happened.

#4 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Googled videogame podcast, and the rest is history.

#5 Posted by lawrence_of_suburbia (30 posts) -

I used to listen to GFW Radio and 1up Yours back in the glory days of 1up.com

When the shit hit the fan over there Andrew "Skip" Pfister (who used to produce all of those podcasts) said on one of the last episodes of 1up FM that if you wanted to continue supporting independent games journalism that you should go to Giantbomb.

I've been coming here ever since.

#6 Posted by Matthew9559 (9 posts) -

I heard about it from a forum where people were talking about what podcasts they were listening to. Everyone said it was the best and since then I have been enjoying it and these forums.

#7 Posted by xpogox (48 posts) -

Followed Jeff through the old Gamestop drama to his blog.

#8 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

@xpogox said:

Same here. I miss Tiger Gatorade.

#9 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4700 posts) -

I was a gamespot fan back in the day when Jeff an co worked there. After the Gerstmann gate I followed Jeff from his blog site to the formation of Giantbomb.

#10 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -

I read somewhere that Jeff was starting a new website called Giant Bomb, so I checked it out. At the time it was just the blog. I signed up two days after the site launched.

#11 Posted by Nights (619 posts) -

@SpikeSpiegel said:

@xpogox said:

Likewise. I should give the Arrow Pointing Down podcasts another listen.

#12 Posted by Akyho (1698 posts) -

Two friends of mines found it and kept is as a little secret under their hats for a while. Not that they didnt want me to know of it. It wasnt part of every day conversation. Then once they got into it more talked about it more openly. I peaked in and stayed. This was just after the first Big big live live show live, in 2010. Now Giantbomb is a major things with all of us and I am sitting here wearing the flight club T shirt after finally getting a annual subscription and two t shirts. I was monthly since start of 2011.

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

*GameSpotという言葉が呟く*

#14 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

@SpikeSpiegel said:

@xpogox said:

Same here. Been following Jeff and the other guys' work in some form or another since 2001 or so.

#15 Edited by mandude (2669 posts) -

Whilst researching for my unrelated terrorist activities.

#16 Edited by maxB (317 posts) -

I was looking for a trailer of Brutal Legend because I loved Tim Schafer games and the first link on google was Giantbomb

Then I found out that its where all my favorite Gamespot editors went

#17 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

I followed Jeff and the others from Gamespot after all of the drama that had ensued.

#18 Posted by Purpz (81 posts) -

TB when he said something about Jeff, and the rest is history.

#19 Posted by JackSukeru (5962 posts) -

@dogman795 said:

About a year or 2 ago, I was way into let's plays. I googled "let's play Persona 4" and you can probably guess what happened.

The search didn't yield any results so after taking a long, hard look at your life you decided to give up the hobby alltogether in favor of funny yet insightful video game coverage?

#20 Posted by Skytylz (4039 posts) -

I was planning a bombing, but when I searched how to build a bomb I found Jeff's videos about making the site and I decided that a life in prison wasn't worth it.

(I actually came from the ruins of 1up after hearing about GB on a christmas special that Jeff was on.)

#21 Posted by RPGee (763 posts) -

I was wanting to find out what Rogue Warrior was, since it came out and I had no idea what it was. Google led me straight to the Quick Look, which was enough to let me know that this was a safe place.

#22 Posted by AngelN7 (2973 posts) -

I used to visit comic vine ( I still do) before they joined Wiskey media I saw 'Giant Bomb' but didn't look at the site, after I saw some guy on youtube saying "you should visit Giantbomb" I don't even remember who it was but I decided to take a look at it. The Gran Turismo 5 QL was the first video I saw and since then I've been hooked.

#23 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

From the very beginning.

#24 Posted by konig_kei (668 posts) -

Listened to a cod podcast (I know, I know but it was a good podcast till all they talked about was black ops) and this one guy mentioned the giant bombast so I started to listen it, then after like a month of that I decided to visit the website and have been loving it ever since.

#25 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

A long long time ago, my friend showed me some Quick Looks and some of the Deadly Premonition Endurance run vids and I've been here ever since.

#26 Posted by Solidsnak (140 posts) -

Heard about it on Rebel FM, once I listened to the bombcast I stopped listening to them and have been here ever since.

#27 Posted by MentalDisruption (1669 posts) -

I was linked to the first Borderlands quick look because I was following the game quite extensively at the time. Got interested and have been hooked since.

#28 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (834 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

I followed Jeff and the others from Gamespot after all of the drama that had ensued.

#29 Posted by platzod (3 posts) -

2008, found co-op/feedback podcasts looking for what games to play. co-op turned me on to rebel fm who in turn did the same for giantbomb.

#30 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

GameSpot was my go to video game site until Jeff left, then I came here. Took me awhile to make an account, though.

#31 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

The SA thread I believe.

#32 Posted by MisterSamMan (366 posts) -

Started listening to their podcast for a month then I visited the site around the end of the Persona 4 endurance run.

#33 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Heard about it a few days before it launched on the Gamespot forums.

#34 Posted by Utiow21 (68 posts) -

Followed Jeff and glad I did.

#35 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

Somebody told me about the Bombcast two years ago, and that led me to the site.

#36 Posted by Nightriff (5322 posts) -

I was only looking for Podcasts about video games and came across the bombcast, fell in love with the podcast and the site soon after. This was almost a year ago and I'm going to do a write up about my first year with the site

#37 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I was looking up DragonBall: Revenge of King Piccolo stuff (don't judge me!) and I stumbled onto their Quick Look.

#38 Posted by Hamst3r (4562 posts) -

I'm here for the free bagels.

#39 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1888 posts) -

Googled for Let's Plays about Persona 4 after I couldn't find any good ones on You Tube. Was pleasantly surprised to find Jeff doing it. (I was in Germany when "Gerstmann-gate" happened.)

#40 Posted by Sean2206 (258 posts) -

I was listening to the Kotaku or maybe Joystiq podcast at Pax i think (or some other event) from 2 or 3 years ago and Jeff and other GB dudes were on their and were hilarious specifically talking about the splinter cell conviction night vision goggles bet so I made sure to hear where they were from and headed here and followed the site religiously ever since. Although only registered here last year and only got seriously into the forums and stuff fairly recently.

I used to follow Gamespot back when Jeff and co were there but sort of trailed off to other sites a little before the Kane and lynch thing I heard about it happening but didn't realise it was the same dudes until a little after i found Giant Bomb.

#41 Edited by SmilingPig (1341 posts) -

I wanted to become a Ninja... That what the ad promised.

#42 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Followed Jeff here after he was fired from Gamespot.

#43 Posted by Donkeycow (557 posts) -

A couple years ago my friend was infuriated that i used IGN as my primary video game website so he did me the grand favor of showing me the light.

#44 Posted by CyborgDuo (105 posts) -

I heard someone refer to the Iron Brigade quick look on Rebel FM.

#45 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

I randomly came across it two years ago.

#46 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

I remember I was watching a review for Persona 4, because my brother had bought, on Gametrailers and I was looking through the comments and I saw somebody mention something about two guys on Giantbomb playing through the game. Then I realize it was the gang I knew and loved for the Gamespot era, that I had watched since 2003, and I haven't looked back since. Until now.

#47 Posted by impostle (23 posts) -

After the Joystiq podcast changed its format to something that tried its hardest to no be funny. I saw a comment saying that the Bombcast was the best thing since sliced bread, so I checked it out and never looked back.

#48 Edited by Samael2138 (233 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

GameSpot was my go to video game site until Jeff left, then I came here. Took me awhile to make an account, though.

Same here. And now they're back.... kinda..... (cue Twilight Zone theme)

#49 Posted by mikethekilla (328 posts) -

Though Comic vine.

#50 Posted by Wraxend (570 posts) -

I was just looking through the itunes top gaming podcasts and happened to stumble upon the Bombcast, and that was back in 2008 i think. Been here ever since but didn't become a member until a year later.