How Did You Find The Alan Wake Ending?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

Well, it's definitely inconclusive. It poses more new questions than it answers old ones. But that's fine, because it's not the end of a story. It's the end of a season -- a season that will be followed by a second one, as well as a few episodes that bridge the two -- and as such, it was good. 

So I don't really know if I should pick A or C.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

I thought it was nonsense. I just found myself less and less interested with the story  as soon as you meet the old lady. It felt like an ending designed to be wrapped up in the DLC that's coming.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust
@Icemael said:

" Well, it's definitely inconclusive. It poses more new questions than it answers old ones. But that's fine, because it's not the end of a story. It's the end of a season -- a season that will be followed by a second one, as well as a few episodes that bridge the two -- and as such, it was good.  So I don't really know if I should pick A or C. "

I didn't think it was all that inconclusive. It answered almost all question it rose, and had a fitting end, leaving the door open for the dlc and a sequel. Not much more could be expected.  

@marioncobretti said:

" I thought it was nonsense. I just found myself less and less interested with the story  as soon as you meet the old lady. It felt like an ending designed to be wrapped up in the DLC that's coming. "

if you want to make more sense out of it, see http://www.giantbomb.com/alan-wake/61-20982/ending-spoilers/35-416840/#20, as it is the discussion of the story and ending.
kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By kalmis

I thought it was bit too ambiguous, so voted C

ashton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ashton

I had no idea what the fuck it was hahaha. gonna play through it again, see if i get something different out of it

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Branthog

It was predictable. Worse, it was cheapened by not sticking to the ending they chose, so that they could pump out a sequel if things went well with sales. It was almost as disappointing as Butterfly Effect, which was a damn fine movie up until the end. And then, clearly because all of the twelve year old girls they focus-grouped didn't want to see Ashton all sad, tacked on another thirty or forty minutes of bullshit to generate a convoluted bullshit "second" ending.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By jasta

It just felt like the end of one of the chapters, and I wanted to play more to find out what had just happened.

Roll on Alan Wake 2 I guess.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I thought it was perfect. Wake goes through the game foreshadows the ending at pretty much every step - hell, even the opening Stephen King quote tells you that the whole thing won't be explained (the mystery, I mean). Yet what was so inconclusive? 

Alan wrote the story, he wrote the story that was true to the characters involved, and an ending that felt real. He traded places with Alice and in doing so nearly wrote the Dark Presence out of existence. Nearly. He won the day and the world is safe from the Dark Presence. It's locked away down deep under the sea. The shitty part (for Alan) is that he's stuck down there with it.

I mean, really, how could anyone not get that?