I didn't know The presdient of Capcom was Bobby Kotick's brother.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Edited By trophyhunter

I was listening to the podcast  http://radio.morningproject.com/ It's about Japanese games. 
During the Podcast they started talking about, on Japanese TV there was a whole news show about Capcom. 
On the show there was an interview with the president of Capcom. where he was quoted saying to the whole company, "You better be making games not art."
Then he also goes on to yell at several low level employees, about how they are all "Throwing billions of yen in the garage."
 Then something that translates to a slightly nicer way of saying, "If you don't make games that sell get the fuck out."
  I say this is like Bobby Kotick because he had the famous line "I want to take the fun out of videogame development."

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By trophyhunter

I was listening to the podcast  http://radio.morningproject.com/ It's about Japanese games. 
During the Podcast they started talking about, on Japanese TV there was a whole news show about Capcom. 
On the show there was an interview with the president of Capcom. where he was quoted saying to the whole company, "You better be making games not art."
Then he also goes on to yell at several low level employees, about how they are all "Throwing billions of yen in the garage."
 Then something that translates to a slightly nicer way of saying, "If you don't make games that sell get the fuck out."
  I say this is like Bobby Kotick because he had the famous line "I want to take the fun out of videogame development."

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Jeust

Let's see where those policies will take both Capcom and Activision Blizzard. 

Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Sounds like a real asshole. Much like Kotick.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By trophyhunter
@Jeust said:

" Let's see where those policies will take both Capcom and Activision Blizzard.  "

Pretty far I'd say
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jeust
@trophyhunter said:

" @Jeust said:

" Let's see where those policies will take both Capcom and Activision Blizzard.  "

Pretty far I'd say "
For now... Let's see in the long run.
TNK1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TNK1

Man I used to love Capcom but the president sounds like an asshole dictator! Watch when Jack Thompson,Bobby Kotick, and Capcom's president form the Extraordinary  League of Assholes who want to ruin gaming!!!!!

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By trophyhunter
@Jeust said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" @Jeust said:

Pretty far I'd say "
For now... Let's see in the long run. "
  Bobby Kotick may be a bad guy but he did make Activion pretty much the biggest videogame company ever.
Even tho its bad sometimes horrible sons of bitches are good for companies.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Animasta

you mean the capcom that lobbied Microsoft to let them sell Case Zero for 5$?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By MrKlorox

Er... the president of Capcom is Haruhiro Tsujimoto. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187
@Laketown said:
" you mean the capcom that lobbied Microsoft to let them sell Case Zero for 5$? "
This.  Also, they released Bayonetta! 

Then again, they also released Resident Evil 5 in two editions, Street Fighter IV in two editions, and both happened to use a "DLC is already on the disk, pay for the unlock of that content" approach.  There is also that whole Lost Planet 2 debacle...
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By trophyhunter
@Laketown said:

" you mean the capcom that lobbied Microsoft to let them sell Case Zero for 5$? "

Strange thing is I actually can get behind or respect the president of Capcom and Bobby Kotick. 
Because they are actually treating this like a business not happy fun time. There not like "Oh I don't know were just a bunch of crazy guys that are making a game."
neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By neoepoch
@jakob187 said:
" @Laketown said:
This.  Also, they released Bayonetta!  Then again, they also released Resident Evil 5 in two editions, Street Fighter IV in two editions, and both happened to use a "DLC is already on the disk, pay for the unlock of that content" approach.  There is also that whole Lost Planet 2 debacle... "
...Didn't Sega release Bayonetta?
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrKlorox

Taken from the Capcom website: 

Executive Management:

Kenzo Tsujimoto Chairman and CEO, Capcom, Co. Ltd. and CEO, Capcom USA, and Capcom Entertainment

Hiroshi Tobisawa President and acting Chief Executive Officer, Capcom USA and Capcom Entertainment; President, CE Europe and Capcom Eurosoft

Mark Beaumont, Executive Vice President and Officer, The Americas and Europe, Capcom Entertainment Inc., CE Europe Ltd and CEG Interactive Entertainment GmbH

Midori Yuasa President, Capcom Interactive, Inc.

Which one is his brother again? Mark Beaumont died earlier this year. So it can't be him.

His replacement is David Reeves. Either that's him or it's complete bullshit. I'm leaning toward the latter.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, why's he throwing money in the garage? Does that mean he's converting his car into a giant mech? The Fairly Oddparents already did it, and so did The Simpsons.

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NoXious
@trophyhunter said:
  Bobby Kotick may be a bad guy but he did make Activion pretty much the biggest videogame company ever.

Until you realize that most of Activision's profits come from Blizzard, a part of Activision that Kotick has/had no direct control over.
Then you start looking at Guitar Hero, which is under direct control of Kotick and he managed to ruin that franchise to the ground!
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By trophyhunter
@MrKlorox said:
" Er... the president of Capcom is Haruhiro Tsujimoto.  "
I didn't mean literally, come on pay attention.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By trophyhunter
@MrKlorox said:
" Taken from the Capcom website: 

Executive Management:

Kenzo Tsujimoto Chairman and CEO, Capcom, Co. Ltd. and CEO, Capcom USA, and Capcom Entertainment

Hiroshi Tobisawa President and acting Chief Executive Officer, Capcom USA and Capcom Entertainment; President, CE Europe and Capcom Eurosoft

Mark Beaumont, Executive Vice President and Officer, The Americas and Europe, Capcom Entertainment Inc., CE Europe Ltd and CEG Interactive Entertainment GmbH

Midori Yuasa President, Capcom Interactive, Inc.

Which one is his brother again? Mark Beaumont died earlier this year. So it can't be him.  His replacement is David Reeves. Either that's him or it's complete bullshit. I'm leaning toward the latter. "
it was a joke genius
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrKlorox
@trophyhunter: Oh it was a terrible metaphor. I get it. That translates much better on the net than sarcasm. 

If you were as clever as you thought, you would have made it clearer the first time.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#19  Edited By Icemael
@neoepoch said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @Laketown said:
This.  Also, they released Bayonetta!  Then again, they also released Resident Evil 5 in two editions, Street Fighter IV in two editions, and both happened to use a "DLC is already on the disk, pay for the unlock of that content" approach.  There is also that whole Lost Planet 2 debacle... "
...Didn't Sega release Bayonetta? "
Yeah, they did. It was made by ex-Capcom people though, so I'm guessing that's why jakob is confused.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By trophyhunter
@MrKlorox said:
" @trophyhunter: Oh it was a terrible metaphor. I get it. That translates much better on the net than sarcasm.   If you were as clever as you thought, you would have made it clearer the first time. "
Well everyone else seemed to get the joke, your the only one that actually thought that.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jeust
@trophyhunter said:

" @Jeust said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" @Jeust said:

Pretty far I'd say "
  Bobby Kotick may be a bad guy but he did make Activion pretty much the biggest videogame company ever. Even tho its bad sometimes horrible sons of bitches are good for companies. "
Yep i agree. But success like that is generally brief, as isn't sustainable. 
RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By RobertOrri
@MrKlorox: See the first reply to this thread for the punchline.
zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#23  Edited By zidd

Bobby Kotick is a businessman who doesn't give 2 shits about the industry. Only money.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrKlorox
@RobertOrri: That line was edited in as I was researching who the presidents of the varying branches of Capcom were and whether Kotick had a brother. The original post made it look like the guest on the podcast was supposed to be the president of Capcom, Bobby Kotick's brother. I didn't see the edit after I had already gotten it in my mind that the podcast was misrepresenting itself and made the second post.

Get the fuck over it.
RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RobertOrri
@MrKlorox said:
" @RobertOrri: That line was edited in as I was researching who the presidents of the varying branches of Capcom were and whether Kotick had a brother.
Hahahaha.

Look dude, I don't even like trophyhunter as a poster. But wow. Seriously.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By trophyhunter
@MrKlorox said:

" @RobertOrri: That line was edited in as I was researching who the presidents of the varying branches of Capcom were and whether Kotick had a brother. The original post made it look like the guest on the podcast was supposed to be the president of Capcom, Bobby Kotick's brother. I didn't see the edit after I had already gotten it in my mind that the podcast was misrepresenting itself and made the second post.  Get the fuck over it. "

wow you're a moron
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I didn't know his brother was japanese.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By ch13696
@trophyhunter said:
" @Laketown said:

Strange thing is I actually can get behind or respect the president of Capcom and Bobby Kotick.  Because they are actually treating this like a business not happy fun time. There not like "Oh I don't know were just a bunch of crazy guys that are making a game." "
Yeah they do a good job of keeping their business going. The only reason why I can't respect Kotick, and now the president of Capcom, is because they don't know how to stay away from the media. If they would just let their PR reps handle these situations then I would forget about them all together.
OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I have to agree with trophyhunter (oh lawd) on this one lol!

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MrKlorox
@trophyhunter said:
" @MrKlorox said:

" @RobertOrri: That line was edited in as I was researching who the presidents of the varying branches of Capcom were and whether Kotick had a brother. The original post made it look like the guest on the podcast was supposed to be the president of Capcom, Bobby Kotick's brother. I didn't see the edit after I had already gotten it in my mind that the podcast was misrepresenting itself and made the second post.  Get the fuck over it. "

wow your a moron "
The least you could do when calling somebody a moron is do it in a grammatically correct manner. You are one huge ball of irony.
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#31  Edited By the8bitNacho
@trophyhunter said:
" @Jeust said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" @Jeust said:

Pretty far I'd say "
  Bobby Kotick may be a bad guy but he did make Activion pretty much the biggest videogame company ever. Even tho its bad sometimes horrible sons of bitches are good for companies. "
Best in a business sense. Disgusting and putrid where ethics and their disregard for anything other than making money.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By trophyhunter
@MrKlorox said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @MrKlorox said:

wow your a moron "
The least you could do when calling somebody a moron is do it in a grammatically correct manner. You are one huge ball of irony. "
I did I edited it correctly 11 minutes before you quoted it.
So you changed it when you posted.
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By Ace829
@MrKlorox:  Stop derailing the thread. kthnx

On topic, Capcom is seen in a much more positive light so I don't know if this was just an isolated incident or if this guy just doesn't have much influence in the affairs of his company.(Which doesn't make sense to me)
Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I've heard quite a few horror stories involving Japanese companies and their treatment of employees in general, so the big boss acting like an asshole doesn't really surprise me. 

That said, dude sounds like a total dick.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Feanor

Heaven forbid Kotick wants to run his company like a business.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CL60
@Feanor said:
" Heaven forbid Kotick wants to run his company like a business. "
You're not a gamer if you support what Kotick is doing to the video game industry.
zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By zityz

Bayonetta was made by Platinum Games, and lisenced by SEGA. I'm not sure if SEGA was a part of Madworld, but art or not, Platinum games make some awesome shit, and they're interesting to look at. Now, they just need to get ahole of the Viewiful Joe License...ah fuck who am I kidding? Capcom will never sell the rights nor ever make a Viewtiful Joe 3.
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Feanor
@CL60: I don't give a shit about labels. But to be mad at a guy because he wants to make as much of a profit for his public company, is just immature. Activision-Blizzard is just one game company, and its still making great games. So people need to hop of the bandwagon.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By meteora

These two CEOs make like EA is a saint from heaven...

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Andorski

Whoa?!  Upper management only worried about their bottom line?  When did this shit start happening?