Avatar image for thedeadcomedian
TheDeadComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TheDeadComedian

I'm leaving for gamestop soon and I'm having trouble deciding what to get. I am 14, so I can't buy games often and I have a very small window today to buy one. 

I am extremely interested in Heavy Rain, but the length may not be worth the price. 
I've never played a God if War, so I want to buy God of War 3, or the collection 
Demon's Souls interests me too, but I'm scared the difficulty may be a little too much for me even though I know thats the point of the game. 
The Witcher looks cool for story setting characters and choice, but the actual playing of the game looks shifty to me. 

Help me out! Quick!

Adanux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Adanux

So you're a 14 year old boy? I'd say go with God of War 3.

Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Korone

Those are all rated M.

Avatar image for thedeadcomedian
TheDeadComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheDeadComedian
@Korone: I know, I am allowed to get them because I am a mentally healthy person, I'm not gonna go shoot up my school or anything
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60
@TheDeadComedian said:
" @Korone: I know, I am allowed to get them because I am a mentally healthy person, I'm not gonna go shoot up my school or anything "
How do we know this?
Kratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Kratch

If you haven't played any God of War, the God of War Collection is a great bargain.  They both hold up pretty well, and it's half the price of the new one.  Then again, they probably won't peel your eyeballs back with bleeding edge graphics like GOW3 will.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By shirogane

Demon's Souls (godamn, that damn apostrophe, where is it supposed to go?) may last you the longest, or shortest, out of all the games mentioned. Depends on whether you're into that kinda thing. 

I find that people either love or hate God of War. Most people seem to quite like it, but the ones that don't just can't get into it at all. 

I could never get the Witcher to run on any PC i have, neither could my cousin, or my friend. 

And Heavy Rain is Heavy Rain, can't say much about that one.
KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By KingBroly

Demon's Souls will put you in your place.  Get that.

Kratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kratch
@Shirogane said:
  I find that people either love or hate God of War. Most people seem to quite like it, but the ones that don't just can't get into it at all.

This is another good reason to get the Collection if you're interested in God of War.  If you end up hating it, you only spent thirty bucks, not sixty.
Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aetos

Those all appeal to different interests. Why not share what you like to play the most.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By yakov456

Hope you have ID bro, they usually check now.

xtiara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xtiara
@TheDeadComedian said:
" @Korone: I know, I am allowed to get them because I am a mentally healthy person, I'm not gonna go shoot up my school or anything "
I don't think that's the problem, I think it's that they won't let you buy it unless you're accompanied by an older person.

God of War does not really require a background story so I and II are not really needed. Judging by your age, I'd say God of War III as well.
Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spence_5060

You want your moneys worth? Get the god of war collection

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jmrwacko
@CL60 said:
" @TheDeadComedian said:
How do we know this? "
Yeah, I'm not sure if I want to contribute to another school shooting. After all, video games cause violent massacres.
h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By h0lgr
@xtiara said:
" @TheDeadComedian said:
I don't think that's the problem, I think it's that they won't let you buy it unless you're accompanied by an older person. "
This isn't as common as you may think.
yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By yakov456

What drives me nuts is that I am 31 and still the fucking Gamestop insists on carding me now and then. And I do not look young in my opinion.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Seedofpower

If you don't know what to buy, then why go to gamestop? How about you search the site of the latest game and just make an informed decision yourself.

supalink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By supalink

Recommendation: God of War collection if you haven't started otherwise I'd recommend God of War 3. Heavy Rain is too short and is more of a 7 hour experience you play through once. All this aside, God of War does have a ton of violence and blood spewing everywhere but mentally stable kids should be able to handle that unless something triggers you to become some angry knife wielding emo kid after playing lol. 

If you truly wanto experience what playing games 10 yrs ago was like, play Demon Soul for a lesson in the 'hard games club.' Great for your $'s worth & frustration. 

Witcher is an excellent RPG with mature elements to it as well, takes a bit to get engaged into it but an excellent story (based off book).

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Zippedbinders
@xtiara said:
" @TheDeadComedian said:
I don't think that's the problem, I think it's that they won't let you buy it unless you're accompanied by an older person.  God of War does not really require a background story so I and II are not really needed. Judging by your age, I'd say God of War III as well. "
I'm not sure if you've played a GOW game, because its pretty story heavy, 3 picks up immediately after 2. This is besides the point, but I still felt it needed addressing.

GOW Collection offers you the best bang for your buck, $30 for two games you might enjoy is better than $60 you might not enjoy. This or Demon's Souls.
Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Shaanyboi
@KingBroly said:
" Demon's Souls will put you in your place.  Get that. "
xtiara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xtiara
@Zippedbinders said:
" I'm not sure if you've played a GOW game, because its pretty story heavy, 3 picks up immediately after 2. This is besides the point, but I still felt it needed addressing.  GOW Collection offers you the best bang for your buck, $30 for two games you might enjoy is better than $60 you might not enjoy. This or Demon's Souls. "
I have played God of War 3, but I didn't pick up 1 or 2. I suppose the story may seem important to people who have played the previous games, but to me, I picked it up really easily after we literally 'restart' the whole story and continue on with the new one in 3.  It didn't really affect my game play at all to be honest.
So, amending that! If you want GoW for the story, pick up the collection before you play 3. If you just want a badass combat will amazing graphics, pick up 3.
s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By s7evn

Save your money and wait for the next big thing

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By TheHT

god of war collection. 2 for one, can't go wrong there!

Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Teaspoon83

I too would say the GOW Collection because of the amount of content you get and it seems like many believe GoW II has so far been the superior version. Although I was extremely disappointed with the ending, spoilers: you join the titans to stop Zeus, I enjoyed the game. 

When it comes to Rated M games and being underage, I hope your parents know what you are getting and not just slapping down the credit card to whatever you chose. This is where the system fails. Heck, I wait till my kids are in bed before I play anything. I understand that I can't keep my children completely innocent but they don't need to see me enjoying a violent game.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thedj93

I say get collection. I think god of war I and II are better than the third. The third one is not bad at all, but it wont mean much if you havent played the last two.

Chirag4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Chirag4

Fuck those and get Just Cause 2 instead