Posted by Jeff (3627 posts) -
Buys 8 games per month, loves Steam, unemployed, enjoys anarchy.

Hello UK-based individuals! My name is Jeff Gerstmann and boy, have I got a deal for you!

...OK, let's cut the crap. It's advertising survey time for those of you based in the United Kingdom. The goal is pretty simple, really: By knowing more about you, the guys we're looking to work with over in the UK will be better equipped to put ads on the site that are, ideally, relevant to your interests. So we've set up a quick set of questions to find out a bit more about you guys. It's simple stuff, really. It's all "how old are you?" and "do you buy games or what?" type stuff. I bet you could fill it out in less than five minutes, provided you leave out all those extra U's, Mr. UK English.

Filling this out, for reals, will actually help us out tremendously. Once a bunch of you respond, we'll be able to send out our UK sales dudes and have them be able to present the Giant Bomb viewers as you really are. But I have to ask... please only fill out the survey if you're from the UK. Skewed results don't help anyone! Also, we know where you live and we'll disallow and disqualify anyone from outside the region. So don't be crazy!

At the end of the survey, you'll notice there's a spot for your email address. That's optional, and we're not going to do anything crazy with the address, but if you provide it we'll enter you into a random drawing for a $10 discount code for the good ol' Whiskey Media Store. Yeah, it's probably weird that we're holding a drawing for USDs for our UK survey, but let's just try not to think about that too hard, cool?

For those of you in the rest of Europe and throughout North America, we'll have more opportunities for survey answering (and potential rewards for doing so) in the coming months.

THIS IS THE TEXT YOU SHOULD CLICK TO GET TO THE UK SURVEY

Thanks, you guys. Or should I say "Cheers, mates?" No, seriously, should I say that? I have no idea. Maybe I should have added that to the survey.

#1 Posted by Jeff (3627 posts) -
Buys 8 games per month, loves Steam, unemployed, enjoys anarchy.

Hello UK-based individuals! My name is Jeff Gerstmann and boy, have I got a deal for you!

...OK, let's cut the crap. It's advertising survey time for those of you based in the United Kingdom. The goal is pretty simple, really: By knowing more about you, the guys we're looking to work with over in the UK will be better equipped to put ads on the site that are, ideally, relevant to your interests. So we've set up a quick set of questions to find out a bit more about you guys. It's simple stuff, really. It's all "how old are you?" and "do you buy games or what?" type stuff. I bet you could fill it out in less than five minutes, provided you leave out all those extra U's, Mr. UK English.

Filling this out, for reals, will actually help us out tremendously. Once a bunch of you respond, we'll be able to send out our UK sales dudes and have them be able to present the Giant Bomb viewers as you really are. But I have to ask... please only fill out the survey if you're from the UK. Skewed results don't help anyone! Also, we know where you live and we'll disallow and disqualify anyone from outside the region. So don't be crazy!

At the end of the survey, you'll notice there's a spot for your email address. That's optional, and we're not going to do anything crazy with the address, but if you provide it we'll enter you into a random drawing for a $10 discount code for the good ol' Whiskey Media Store. Yeah, it's probably weird that we're holding a drawing for USDs for our UK survey, but let's just try not to think about that too hard, cool?

For those of you in the rest of Europe and throughout North America, we'll have more opportunities for survey answering (and potential rewards for doing so) in the coming months.

THIS IS THE TEXT YOU SHOULD CLICK TO GET TO THE UK SURVEY

Thanks, you guys. Or should I say "Cheers, mates?" No, seriously, should I say that? I have no idea. Maybe I should have added that to the survey.

#2 Edited by adoggz (2070 posts) -

i'm not in the UK and i read it anyway!.

edit: i also totally beat everyone else who says something similar!

#3 Posted by rjayb89 (7726 posts) -

I'M AN AMERICAN, BEE-OTCH

#4 Posted by Freezer_Burn (207 posts) -

TOO BAD, CANADIAN JUST READ THIS SHIT.

#5 Posted by Velamo05 (118 posts) -

hahah @adoggz same here

#6 Posted by PrinceGumball (17 posts) -

Pip Pip Cheerio.

#7 Posted by vr00m (161 posts) -

USA here. I read it, but now I feel bad.

#8 Posted by regs79 (7 posts) -

Australian, can't follow instructions

#9 Posted by AlisterCat (5635 posts) -

Please, no cheers mates. Also, it is 2am here. Also, I have to be up for work at 6am. :/

#10 Posted by Chadster (326 posts) -

Oy guv'nor, this sounds like a bit of alright for us chaps from across the pond! Favourites and colours and so defence and so forth!

*Fake moustache falls off*

#11 Posted by echelon11 (49 posts) -

Australian. What is a "the UK"?

#12 Posted by RobKenno (99 posts) -

Be good if it was posted when it wasn't half two in the morning like! Filled out anyway, also the UK has more accents than nearly anywere so "Cheers mate" doesn't really apply out of London :-P

#13 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

@Jeff what about some sweet Australian advertising I won't see?

#14 Posted by drowsap (682 posts) -

U S A

U S A

U S A

#15 Posted by Melvargh (500 posts) -

@Freezer_Burn said:

TOO BAD, CANADIAN JUST READ THIS SHIT.

YES. SUCK IT "THE MAN"

#16 Posted by BoOzak (966 posts) -

Members dont get ads right? In that case do what ever the hell you like ;p (should probably fill this out just in case)

#17 Posted by Nevi (56 posts) -

Its 2:20am here, gotta be up for work in 6 hours but did this anyways :E

#18 Posted by Boboblaw (315 posts) -

done

#19 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

I too enjoy anarchy

#20 Posted by Psycosis (392 posts) -

Fine I did your survey but it's totally like 2am here hell you doing!

#21 Posted by Jeffk38uk (716 posts) -

Seems pointless to say UK represent! when I have uk right in my name but there you go. Survey fill time!

#22 Posted by Mijati (939 posts) -

Answered :)

#23 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

Just went down the ol' apples and pears to grab somethin' out of me lorry and make m'self a cuppa and when I came back this bloody survey was 'ere, proper filled it out. Innit.

(Actually from the UK, actually filled it out… actually.)

#24 Posted by MJHAYLETT (441 posts) -

I filled it in chaps so now its time for tea and crumpets - no wait its almost half 2 in the morning here.

#25 Posted by Zoibie (7 posts) -

@MJHAYLETT said:

I filled it in chaps so now its time for tea and crumpets - no wait its almost half 2 in the morning here.

Oh, scones it is then!

#26 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

highly enjoyed the choice of picture

I pretty much think everyone in the UK is modeled after the dudes on that show. The ones I've met have been pretty close anyway.

#27 Posted by LinuxScouser (90 posts) -

"Cheers, mate" is totally fine by me. I say it all the time. Does it matter that I'm moving to the US soon though?

#28 Posted by Awcko (52 posts) -

@Melvargh: @Freezer_Burn: RED REBELS REBEL, MOTHERFUCKERRRRR

#29 Posted by thebigJ_A (1004 posts) -

I'm not in the UK and I read this. Ha! In your face, UK!

Yup, I'm just like my forefathers here in Boston, an anti-British rebel, me. I don't want your stupid tea!

#30 Posted by FreakAche (2954 posts) -

Canada is like the American version of the UK, right?

#31 Posted by ShaggE (6555 posts) -

I'm going to fly to every place on Earth EXCEPT the UK, and read this article at every stop. TAKE IT, JEFF! TAKE IIIITTT!

#32 Posted by HB (102 posts) -

Nice one Jeff, "Cheers, mate" is spot on. I'll fill it in because you didn't say guv'nor.

#33 Posted by White (1381 posts) -

Oh my god. Giantbomb UK?!

#34 Posted by Mento (2698 posts) -

Hey, if the money from these ads go towards transatlantic plane tickets for you guys, by all means have at it. I say this as a member who won't actually have to sit through them.

#35 Posted by csl316 (8984 posts) -

Get on this, the UK.

#36 Posted by jNerd (2017 posts) -

I won't fill it in because I love GiantBomb & skewed results help no one.

#37 Posted by Evan223 (92 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

Please, no cheers mates. Also, it is 2am here. Also, I have to be up for work at 6am. :/

I say "Cheers mate", which part of the UK are you from? I'm from Staffordshire FYI.

#38 Posted by GaZZuM (445 posts) -

I don't even see Giantbomb ads, but I'm helping out anyway!

#39 Posted by beeryayghost (336 posts) -

I'm American and I'm reading this. I DO WHATEVER I WANT. AMERIKKUH.

#40 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

I read this while eating a scone, sipping my tea and talking to the Queen.

Then I filled in the survey.

#41 Posted by FrenchFriedFool (169 posts) -

UK REPRESENT

#42 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

[NOTE: THIS ENTIRE POST WAS TRANSLATED INTO A THICK COCKNEY ACCENT COURTESY OF BUSHWALD SEXYFACE. ANY BRITISH PEOPLE OFFENDED BY THIS POST SHOULD TAKE IT UP WITH HIM, SOMEWHERE.]

Oy, but what 'bout if dem blokes ain't none too pleased wif dat capitalism? You might well've ticked off a few blokes, if I do say so meself.

#43 Posted by Chias (81 posts) -

From Canadia, and hot damn, did I ever just read the shit out of this.

#44 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

I used to live in the UK and I'm planning to go back there, but since I'm not currently there, I just read the questions cause I was curious ^^

#45 Posted by onimonkii (2449 posts) -

i am an american and i tried to read this but there were all these U's in words there shouldn't have been like favorite and armor

#46 Posted by Tikicobra (412 posts) -

I did the survey even though I'm in the US.

I just love filling check boxes. :(

#47 Posted by Philip (127 posts) -

What about me? I am from the UK but living in America... What do I do :p

#48 Posted by Curufinwe (1266 posts) -

Knife crime.

#49 Posted by CornishRocker (397 posts) -

Boom, survey done.

#50 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1701 posts) -

Get Maisy out!