• 91 results
swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By swordmagic

Just got all my pre orders done and man it's stacking up. Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, Dishonored, Assassians Creed 3, Halo 4, Devil May Cry, Dead Space 3 and Bioshock Infinite. Wow, at least I know I'm stacked for quite a while, we have a lot of good games to look forward to. What's on your guys' list?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'm planning to buy a lot of games too but in my opinion you shouldn't preorder half of those.

Decide which games you want to play and wait until Black Friday to buy them. Many of those games come out at around the same time - so while you're playing one, the others will still probably be in their shrink wrap. I would personally wait until a day when they're 10-20 bucks off and get them when I will actually play them.

Anyways, good list of games - my list is pretty similar :D

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zaccheus

Yeah I agree with @Castermhief117: and hope that those are just figurative pre-orders, as in games you are looking forward to.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By cookiemonster

None. Their hasn't been a game in years which I've wanted to purchase day 1, or for full price. I'll probably pick up halo 4 at christmas, but out of the next six months worth of games, thats it.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By SSully

Yeah its never worth pre-ordering that many games, especially when quite a few of those will take a long time to play(borderlands, AC3, possibly Dishonored).

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By The_Nubster

The only game that I'm going to be buying of those is Borderlands 2, and I haven't even gotten it pre-ordered. The days of games being out of stock are long gone.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mordukai

Frankly None. Maybe Bioshock Infinite but that's about that. I have some interest in Dishonored but I'll wait for reviews.

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By fuzzypumpkin

Good list. Enjoy. I'm personally waiting for Dead Space 3 and Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Titties

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

i payed 36 bucks for borderlands 2 and... I'm good! I can spend the rest of my money on retro gaming.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#10  Edited By Kidavenger

@mordukai said:

Frankly None. Maybe Bioshock Infinite but that's about that. I have some interest in Dishonored but I'll wait for reviews.

Same, the only game I'm seriously considering getting on release this fall is XCOM: Enemy Unknown, I do have Torchlight II preordered from months ago still too.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By crusader8463

I got like 4-5 pre-orders at the moment, but the only reason I got most of them was because of a sale they were having at greenman gaming where I got each one for like $30-$35 each.

I also have X-Com: Enemy Unknown pre-ordered, but that's the only one that I payed full price for. All those other ones I got for like $30 each. Of the list though, X-Com is the one that I'm excited for the most and if I had to only play one game it would be that one. First time in years I have been genuinely excited to play a game.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BraveToaster

I rent, then buy if I think a game is worth it. There was a time when I bought a ton of games I barely knew about.

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By beeftothetaco

If I were you, I'd take RE 6 off that list and wait for the reviews. Something tells me that it's going to be a disappointment.

Edit: I'm probably going to get Bioshock. I'll be looking at X-Com: Enemy Unknown too.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PillClinton

I typically only buy games day 1 when I really, really want to have context for the Bombcast discussion of said game, and be part of the "zeitgeist." I never pre-order--haven't in around 7 years probably.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By beepmachine

The only game I would even consider preordering from that list is Bioshock Infinite. Even if it ends up sucking I'll be okay with it. They earned my trust with Bioshock so I'm willing to pre order it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By falserelic

Hands Down the game I'm definitely getting this year is...

I have an urge to kill so smoothly again....

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pezen

The only one I am thinking about is the collector's edition of ACIII. Continuing my AC-CE collection. Borderlands feel weird preordering since it's out next week. And there really isn't much else I'm looking forward to.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShaggE

@BraveToaster said:

There was a time when I bought a ton of games I barely knew about.

I miss those days, before I followed news. "Nice box art and blurb, think I'll go with this." Sure, I got burned a lot, since almost every game (PC especially) had awesome box art back then, but randomly finding a great game is a lost joy for me.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Zleunamme

Rent or hold out for reviews. I stopped buying new games the first week of release after they would go on sale the month after or a GOY editions is released. Buy only games or a franchise that you really interested in. I'm not saying that all those games are going to bad but if money is going to be an issue. Try limiting your selections. Check if any retailers like Amazon or Target have any special offers. A gift card or credit to buy other things not just pre-order bonuses.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ExplodeMode

I'd probably go $60 day one for.. GTA5 whenever that happens. I can't think of anything else right now.

Otherwise, I'm not pre-ordering anything. I like money.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BonOrbitz

Dishonored and Bioshock Infinite.

Wanted to get Borderlands 2, but with recent medical bills, auto repair bills, and a backlog as big as Liam Neeson's cock, it's best that I just play all the great stuff I haven't gotten to yet.

FoolishChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FoolishChaos

Out of those games, I'll just be playing borderlands 2 day 1. But I'm buying 4 copies of it, so it kind of makes up for it.

Preordering lately is less about being able to actually get the game day one, and more about saving $10-20.

You can buy a PC version of borderlands 2 for $36 right now, if you so desired. Its probably not going to be that cheap until the steam winter sale. edit: AND you get $10 of dlc for free.

CODA117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CODA117

Medal of Honor: Warfighter and HALO4 s'all I'm eyeing up so far for this year....Next year tho, can't wait to get my hands on Aliens: Colonial Marines, Splinter Cell: Backlist and the new Tomb Raider reboot

Icecreamjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Icecreamjones

I've had diminishing returns with all pre-orders. I don't need a collection of cheap statues and other shit I won't use and most games just don't sell out in my area anyway so there's no need to lock down a copy.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sploder

Nothing because I am actually a broke dude.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CptBedlam

Too many sequels. I'm particularly sick of Halo, COD and Resident Evil.

I wanted to get Borderlands 2 right away but the QL unsold me and the friends I was going to play with are unsure as well. Instead I'm gonna give my money to Firaxis for XCOM. I want to play something fresh!

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By leebmx

I don't really understand why anyone would pre-order.

However, the games I am looking forward to are Dishonoured, X-Com, Far Cry 3, Bioshock Infintite, Borderlands2 and Hitman. Hopefully they will all be up to snuff, but its always good to wait for reviews. Apart from when GTA5 comes out. I would put money down now for that.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BBQBram

Dishonored and Assassin's Creed 3 are all I know for sure I'll be getting. Maybe Resident Evil 6, and possibly a WiiU, but if Nintendo doesn't deliver a semi-exciting launch line-up it might finally be time to get a PS3 and catch up on those exclusives.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

Hitman, AC 3, NFS: Most Wanted, (maybe) XCOM, Halo 4. That's about it for me. Rest are rentals, Gamefly, or on the cheaps. 

BigSteve1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By BigSteve1983

For me the main three games I want to get in the remainder of the year are:

Borderlands 2

Resident Evil 6 (Played the Dragons Dogma demo and enjoyed it)

Assassins Creed 3

The new hitman

And that's it really. Halo 4 can literally wait cause it will be just the same old shit really, MOH does nothing to excite me, COD can go and jump off a clift.

Next year is going to be a different kettle of fish, Dead Space 3, Aliens CM, the new Bioshock and fingers crossed Lord of shadows 2.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By AngelN7

I don't know if I should pre-order any game other than X COM , I just saw a video about that DLC -pre-order chapter for AC3 and it looked pretty dissapointed... you just go and get a sword, what a waste of the whole 2012 Mayan thing.

nerdsbeware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By nerdsbeware

If you want to consider it a pre-order (which I guess you can) I ordered Borderlands 2 from Amazon to be shipped to the house so that, again, I can avoid going to a Best Buy or something after work. I get home, its there waiting on the 18th. As well as $10 in Amazon credit which is never a bad thing haha.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By penguindust

Interesting, but for me following Borderlands 2, I'm not planning on any other game besides Dishonored until 2013. I'd be up for a good Halo single player campaign, but until I know more about this non-Bungie Halo, I'm going to keep that one in "wait and see" bin.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GoofyGoober

Yeah, there are a lot of great games coming out and great games I still need to play lol.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I'm buying a $2500 PC and then a $4-5000 motorcycle on top of a ton of games. I'll be spending money as fast as I earn it!

That1BlackGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By That1BlackGuy

Thankfully there isn't a lot of stuff that interests me coming out. Off the top I'm" copping Halo 4, Hitman: Absolution and Assassin's Creed III with a maybe on Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (I say this but know I'm" gonna end up getting it smh). So yeah other than that I can't think of anything else I got enough games I need to get to as it is during the Holidays.

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By swordmagic

I didn't realize I was in such a minority for preordering, what I mean by that however is I added them to my amazon cart to get them day and date not so much go to GameStop and put down 5 bucks. Either way these are my games that I whittled down to what I want day 1, and my most anticipated games, especially Halo 4 as that's my FPS of choice, I get pumped for Halos like people get pumped for COD :p
And I think I'm going to have to take that advice for RE6, knowing about the leak there's a lot more info out there and a lot of it isn't as good as I'd like it to be. I don't know, I took it out of my cart, I'll probably rebox it first but everything else mentioned I'm super stoked for.

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By swordmagic

On another note, would anyone be able to reccomend me Far Cry 3? I don't know much about the series. I think I messed around with the level editor in 2 once.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By Gerhabio

I rent most of my games, I simply don't have the money to buy that many.

Phyrlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Phyrlord

@WolfHazard said:

Just got all my pre orders done and man it's stacking up. Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, Dishonored, Assassians Creed 3, Halo 4, Devil May Cry, Dead Space 3 and Bioshock Infinite. Wow, at least I know I'm stacked for quite a while, we have a lot of good games to look forward to. What's on your guys' list?

Looks sweet man, but isn't Bioshock Infinite riding the delay train all the way to hell right now?

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By swordmagic

@Phyrlord I believe Feburary 26th is what it was delayed to, I think originally it was supposed to come out in 2012, I could be wrong however. Also I can't figure out how to quote people on my phone.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jrinswand

Jeez, dude. I'm not one to tell people how to spend their money, but that's a lot of money on video games. The only games coming out this year that I'm really excited about are XCOM: Enemy Unknown, which I can probably wait a while to buy, and Dota 2, which is going to be F2P. That said, I did spend a shitload of money last month when I completely overhauled my PC, but I use that for more than just gaming.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By Justin258

I'm looking forward to several games this year but I am not planning on pre-ordering any of them unless I somehow get super-rich sometime soon. I'm trying to discipline myself to wait until the Steam sale, where I can get a whole lot of them at a much cheaper price than launch. Yes, I want Borderlands 2 and Dishonored and Dead Space 3 but I'm not buying them anytime soon.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#44  Edited By Hizang

Wait it off until after Christmas, then roll on the sales.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By oldenglishc

@fuzzypumpkin said:

Good list. Enjoy. I'm personally waiting for Dead Space 3 and Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Titties

Did the titties come with any sort of preorder bonus?

GameStoppin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GameStoppin

You and just about every gamer this holiday season. Just like every season before this one.

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By swordmagic

Honestly each game fits in the budget for the month, even as a day 1 purchase and I may decide to wait for holiday sales on some of them. It's not cheap being a gamer but I do well enough to make my rent, get my games and them some. But I do work a lot, so now the issue will be time to play them all. Haha I don't really know anything about the X Com franchise so I have zero interest in enemy unknown and I don't play of games, but even if I did I think I'd still stay away from dota after what I heard about the curve.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AngelN7 said:

I don't know if I should pre-order any game other than X COM , I just saw a video about that DLC -pre-order chapter for AC3 and it looked pretty dissapointed... you just go and get a sword, what a waste of the whole 2012 Mayan thing.

Same thing with Revelations.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By TheHBK

Let's see. I just got the Witcher 2 for the xbox for 10 bucks. Thats a dent. Then Halo 4, AC3. Other than that, it will be a light gaming season. Looking forward to South Park next year though.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Tell me about it. Got rid of Gamefly too so it's going to be steep. I'm looking into the Best Buy game card deal because if you preorder a lot of the big games you get $20 in credit, which could be a good deal.