Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SlLENTCAPYBARA

Courtesy of Joystiq

No Caption Provided

Sensibly capitalized sequel news now, with the long-rumored and impatiently awaited Infamous 2 making a bold debut on the cover of July's Game Informer. The ten-page magazine feature reveals that the developers at Sucker Punch are taking their current superhero to a new city, granting him new powers and -- judging by the cover art -- casting him in a surprisingly different aesthetic. Is that really Cole MacGrath? Seems

more like a Cole MacPleasure, doesn't he?

Expect to hear more about Infamous 2 at E3 2010. 

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/04/infamous-2-bolts-for-game-informer-cover/
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By get2sammyb

You were already beaten to the punch. There's another thread for this somewhere. Super, super excited for the game. Not sold on the new look Cole though.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By gingertastic_10

If they changes Cole's look I'll be mad. Unless it's explained. 

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai

That art looks terrible.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By s10129107

Imfamous Bolts for the Cover?!  Shocking!! 

hehe, you see what i did there....

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Toxin066

Awww man, I thought YOU made that glorious "bolt" pun.

Avatar image for randominternetperson
RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

Shocking

EthanML

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By EthanML

I don't get it, that looks nothing like Cole, how can that be explained? Did he get plastic surgery in between dethroning supervillains?   

Aounslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Aounslaught

This could've been an "Oh Shit!!" moment at Sony's E3 Press conference. I can't understand why they would announce this less than two weeks before E3. Same thing with the Killzone 3 teaser trailer. I mean sure, a demo/trailer on stage would be cool, but we're all going to be expecting it now. At least, I'm going to be expecting it. It would've been so much better if Jack Tretton was just spitting stats at us and out of nowhere, "Yo, we've got this dope game. Check it!" And inFamous 2 would pop up. So much more dramatic, imo. 

SlLENTCAPYBARA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By SlLENTCAPYBARA
@get2sammyb said:
" You were already beaten to the punch. There's another thread for this somewhere. Super, super excited for the game. Not sold on the new look Cole though. "
Oh, I didn't see it. Sorry. I can take this thread down if necessary. Or a moderator can lock it.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By get2sammyb
@h83r said:

" This could've been an "Oh Shit!!" moment at Sony's E3 Press conference. I can't understand why they would announce this less than two weeks before E3. Same thing with the Killzone 3 teaser trailer. I mean sure, a demo/trailer on stage would be cool, but we're all going to be expecting it now. At least, I'm going to be expecting it. It would've been so much better if Jack Tretton was just spitting stats at us and out of nowhere, "Yo, we've got this dope game. Check it!" And inFamous 2 would pop up. So much more dramatic, imo.  "

Yes. It would be more dramatic. But there's also going to be a bollock-load of other announcements all on the same day. 3DS, Zelda, Natal-stuff day before, and obviously Sony's going to have other stuff of their own to show.

They've basically ensured mind-share for an entire month now. It's smart from a PR perspective. They've also secured a SLEW of magazine covers the month of E3. Ever since LittleBigPlanet 2 was announced, we've all been talking about Sony exclusive stuff for the past month. Plus - LittleBigPlanet 2 aside - we all knew Killzone 3 and inFamous 2 were happening. It wouldn't have been a surprise at all.

I actually prefer this route they've taken. I expect they'll announce MotorStorm 3 next week aswell.

May aswell make it five in a row, right?