Infamous demo is awesome!!!!!!

LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By LeetBalla

I just played the infamous demo and that game could not have turned out better I cannot wait until this game releases on the 19th. You guys should definitely go get it when it releases. It is like Crackdown except way better, not that Crackdown is bad.

EDIT

Sorry I did not say more about the game earlier, did not have a whole bunch of time. But some of the best things about infamous so far is the different ways your character's power are utilized. Their is a standard lightning bolt which never runs out of energy, then there are other attacks like a lightning grenade which can only be used so many times until you have to draw more electricity from a nearby source, such as a lamp pole. Their are a number of different powers in the game, but one of my favorite powers is the ability to send out a shock wave when you land; the farther you fall the more damage and the bigger the radius of the shock wave will be. When combining a number powers to create different ways to kill your enemies it can be very satisfying and fun. You can also use a LOT of the environment, such as the ability to send cars flying, in a lot of different ways.

It is pretty easy to move about the city, although I wish that your character could jump a little higher. The buildings are close enough together so that you will not have to make very big jumps, but for the bigger jumps their are power lines strewn about that you can glide across. Or, if you would like to go across the city pretty quickly you can use the lightning in the train railings to glide across the city. I hope that gives some kind of idea of what to expect from the game, if you guys have any questions just ask. I just got the demo because I work at Gamestop, it was an employees only kind of thing.

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pissedoffthewitch

Not hard to beat crackdown

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By trophyhunter

its the 26th not 19th

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By BigBoss1911

I dont know what i want....that or prototype.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By thiago

I didn't play the demo, but I was planning to get it already. Good to hear that it is awesome. I think this game will do very well and will be one of the main franchises of the PS3, like Uncharted, God of War,  LBP, Gran Turismo or Killzone.

It is going to do well because unlike Killzone 2, a game that was hyped to death, this one is relatively unheard of and only now people are finding out about it. In a way everybody expected Killzone 2 to look great because of all the hype, so it was kind of "Ah, ok", but this will be one those moments that people will be gladly surprised because it will exceed their expectations by far.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Red
BigBoss1911 said:
"I dont know what i want....that or prototype."
What do you like more: Beat 'em ups or Third-Person Shooters?
Prototype's main character is also a total scumbag. Just throwing that out there.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By EpicSteve

I didn't see the demo on the store. Is it only in a certain region?

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Osaladin

I think he's talking about the early demo you get when you pre-order the game.

LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LeetBalla

The demo is for gamestop employees only.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
Red said:
"BigBoss1911 said:
What do you like more: Beat 'em ups or Third-Person Shooters?
Prototype's main character is also a total badass. Just throwing that out there.
"
There was something wrong with your sentence so I went ahead and fixed it for you.

On the other hand, InFamous looks pretty fracking sick and I would have a hard time choosing too... if I had a PS3 :(
Scieran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Scieran
LeetBalla said:
"I just played the infamous demo and that game could not have turned out better I cannot wait until this game releases on the 19th. You guys should definitely go get it when it releases. It is like Crackdown except way better."
Initially I hated it due to the lame idea of the hollywood fictional heroes with power cliche. I might be interested if you could elaborate on it as I'm currently capped, would take a week before the game's done.
KuroSe7en

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KuroSe7en

From what I've been hearing, it seems as though inFamous is a really good game. I'm still waiting for the demo to be available on PSN though. :(

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Snail

I am waiting on details and specification, because this thread really didn't convince me to buy the game in any way.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thiago
Snail said:
"I am waiting on details and specification, because this thread really didn't convince me to buy the game in any way."

Well, I guess the demo will be out like a week before its release. Then you will be able to see it for yourself.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By TwoOneFive

i guarantee you that inFAMOUS will get better reviews than Prototype. Prototype will sell more because 360 fanboys have nothing else to buy this year. i mean come on, look how many copies a fucking lame RTS game sold because it had the name Halo on the cover. 

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pause422
LeetBalla said:
"The demo is for gamestop employees only."
No its not....Gamestop doesn't even give you a demo with a preorder. I believe the only place you can get a demo is from reordering from Best Buy at the moment, maybe there's another that I don't know yet. I got a hold of the demo from my friend who works at Best Buy getting me a code.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By c1337us
pissedoffthewitch said:
"Not hard to beat crackdown "
Settle down there tiger. Crackdown was pretty good.

BigBoss1911
said:
Both is the obvious answer.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
pissedoffthewitch said:

If you don't like crackdown, you probably don't like infamous either.
Granted, Infamous feels more like a TPS, but seriously now.
sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sfighter21

I'm really starting to want this game!

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Osaladin

I'm just going to wait on the reviews for this one, it looks very good, but it couldn't hurt to wait a bit until I get to see all the details. Also I really don't understand why everyone continues to compare InFamous and Prototype, in my eyes, they are quite different. If any of these two games where like Crackdown, it would be Prototype, as you jump around super high and have crazy strength and speed. Bottom line, both games look very good, I hope they both do well, and I hope they don't get caught in the rut of open world games getting boring after the story finishes.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By get2sammyb

I haven't read any feedback from someone who's played this game that says it's bad. All the people over at NeoGAF are literally going nuts over this.

Sleeper hit confirmed.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Osaladin said:
"I'm just going to wait on the reviews for this one, it looks very good, but it couldn't hurt to wait a bit until I get to see all the details. Also I really don't understand why everyone continues to compare InFamous and Prototype, in my eyes, they are quite different. If any of these two games where like Crackdown, it would be Prototype, as you jump around super high and have crazy strength and speed. Bottom line, both games look very good, I hope they both do well, and I hope they don't get caught in the rut of open world games getting boring after the story finishes."
The main problem with open world games imo is that they become repeditive
Neopezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Neopezz

Just another game that makes me want a PS3...

bandresen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bandresen

The demo is very fun gameplay wise... But if you look at the graphics, it has very noticeable pop-in.

Stationary objects will pop-in later than non-stationary objects... So the draw distance is higher than the object-rendering distance.

Granted, because only stationary objects are affected that means that you can still fight enemies far away... but it's still weird to see parked cars pop in while you're looking around.

(A good example is here, look around 37 seconds... a car is popping out of nowhere into the view. It is parked on the right side in the video.)

I doubt that this will be fixed in the retail version, because according to their twitter the demo was finished after the game went Gold.

*EDITED: Updated link, because it pointed to the wrong part of the developer diary. Part 2 is the correct.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By get2sammyb
bandresen said:
"

The demo is very fun gameplay wise... But if you look at the graphics, it has very noticeable pop-in.

Stationary objects will pop-in later than non-stationary objects... So the draw distance is higher than the object-rendering distance.

Granted, because only stationary objects are affected that means that you can still fight enemies far away... but it's still weird to see parked cars pop in while you're looking around.

I doubt that this will be fixed in the retail version, because according to their twitter the demo was finished after the game went Gold.

"
Virtually all open world games have pop-in though. At least, I can't think of one that doesn't. Although I haven't played it so I don't know how distracting it is.

EDIT:

I'd also just like to throw out there that Sucker Punch has a team of 60 people. That's tiny for an open world game.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
TwoOneFive said:
"i guarantee you that inFAMOUS will get better reviews than Prototype. Prototype will sell more because 360 fanboys have nothing else to buy this year. i mean come on, look how many copies a fucking lame RTS game sold because it had the name Halo on the cover. "
yet generally no wait in EVERY instance games sell higher on the 360, even multiplats...so that kind of kills your theory.
bandresen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bandresen
get2sammyb said:
Virtually all open world games have pop-in though. At least, I can't think of one that doesn't. Although I haven't played it so I don't know how distracting it is.

EDIT:

I'd also just like to throw out there that Sucker Punch has a team of 60 people. That's tiny for an open world game."

Look at the video... That pop-in is not in the distance, it's only 15-20 meter away. And this is stands in stark contrast to their dev-diaries where they talk about how the PS3's power is bottomless. Something just isn't right about that scenario.

But as I said: It's non-moving objects, which doesn't hurt the gameplay but rather the suspension of disbelief.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By get2sammyb
bandresen said:
"get2sammyb said:

EDIT:

I'd also just like to throw out there that Sucker Punch has a team of 60 people. That's tiny for an open world game."

Look at the video... That pop-in is not in the distance, it's only 15-20 meter away. And this is stands in stark contrast to their dev-diaries where they talk about how the PS3's power is bottomless. Something just isn't right about that scenario.

But as I said: It's non-moving objects, which doesn't hurt the gameplay but rather the suspension of disbelief.

"
I gotta admit, I checked out the video and I didn't quite spot what you were talking about, but you've played the game so you'll know better than I. I'm sure it's something I'll spot when I play the game.

Basing my judgement solely on that video though, the graphics look pretty darn solid. Certainly no Killzone/Ratchet/Uncharted - but everything looks quite detailed in that video, albeit jaggy in places.

How's the framerate? It's something GTA had a big problem with when lots was happening.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thiago
bandresen said:
"get2sammyb said:

EDIT:

"

I watched the video and couldn't see anything. At what exact time you are referring to? Besides, all the images are intertwined with developers talking, so is that real gameplay footage or some debug mode?

And yes, the PS3 has much more horse power to do floating point mathematical operations, which means that if it is explored then it is possible to produce some very cool effects, both in terms of graphics or physics.

As for the game itself, I haven't played it yet, but the impressions of many who downloaded it already is that the graphics are on par with GTA IV and other open world games, sometimes better because of all of the chaos going on and detail.
Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Qorious

I want that game! I saw a demo video of it yesterday and I was blown away! 

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thiago
WilliamRLBaker said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"i guarantee you that inFAMOUS will get better reviews than Prototype. Prototype will sell more because 360 fanboys have nothing else to buy this year. i mean come on, look how many copies a fucking lame RTS game sold because it had the name Halo on the cover. "
yet generally no wait in EVERY instance games sell higher on the 360, even multiplats...so that kind of kills your theory."

Capcom disagrees with you. They actually sold more RE5 and more Street Figter IV on the PS3. What happens is that PS3 owners have more options for games, not only the multiplatform ones, but also many exclusives.

bandresen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bandresen
The framerate is good but not locked.

It drops sometimes, but it doesn't feel like it is connected to how much is going on the screen. You can have a small firefight with 4 enemies and framerate drops and then 5 exploding cars and 6 grenades and 10 enemies and it runs smooth.

I uploaded a gif of the scene I was referring to, it's happening around 00:36 in the video. (Video here, close-up gif here)
You can clearly see how far moving objects take before the pop-out (this seems to be equal to moving pop-in, and how close the pop-in of stationary objects is.)

All in all it has a much better framerate than GTA IV on PS3. Because inFAMOUS doesn't seem to dip below 30 fps.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By get2sammyb
bandresen said:
"
I uploaded a gif of the scene I was referring to, it's happening around 00:36 in the video. (Video here, close-up gif here)
You can clearly see how far moving objects take before the pop-out (this seems to be equal to moving pop-in, and how close the pop-in of stationary objects is.)
"
Ahhh yes. Shame they couldn't sort that out but it's good to hear the framerate is solid.
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
pissedoffthewitch said:
your obviously clinically retarded, who taught you to use a computer and make construct sentences its very impressive.....
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By tebbit
ZombieHunter said:
"pissedoffthewitch said:
your obviously clinically retarded, who taught you to use a computer and make construct sentences its very impressive.....
"
"make construct sentences"?
:O :O :O :O :O :O

Maybe you taught him ;) But I agree that Crackdown was pretty fun, if not the greatest game of our time.
I reckon this looks a lot better though.
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

Tebbit it was suppose to be ironic and a little sarcastic two things that do not translate well over the internet 

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Played it at Play n Trade saturday, seemed pretty boring imho

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By thiago

Yet again the Xbox Defense Force is out to do some damage control.