Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Slippy
@ryanwho:  

Visceral Games are a part of EA games. They ARE Electronic Arts. It was formally named EA Redwood Shores before they changed it to be more hip. No third party contracts here.

Many of its key members left after Dead Space and instead got a job at Activision, supposedly to make MW3 if the rumour is true. After how shitty MW2 turned out, I actually cannot wait for this. I'm also looking forward to Treyarch's next COD game, as they already proved they can make a better game than Infinity Ward.
bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By bicycleham

Hmmm Necromorph spec-ops mode? Hmmmmmmm

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Rowr
@Drebin_893 said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" Innnnteresting. And so developed by Visceral games? or just a select few developers from there? "
More the latter, since a lot of Dead Space devs left Visceral to join Sledgehammer Studios, which Activision now owns. Sledgehammer say they are working on a  "new game based on one of Activision's existing franchises." It is also currently hiring lead online multiplayer designers who must have at least "five years experience working on current AAA multiplayer shooters for current consoles and PC."  "
so its starcraft ghost?

:P
niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By niall077

rumor: IW not developing Modern Warfare 3.

=  

rumor:  Im not buying modern warfare 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee489577a60c
deactivated-5ee489577a60c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't there some news about a third studio making a new call of duty so that Infinity ward would make a game every third year instead of every other year. Could this studio be making this other call of duty game while Infinity Ward works on MW3? 

Also I think a modern warfare game, not made by infinity ward would be a bad thing.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Great, now your going to get a game that's higher than treyard's low gameranking's scoring call of duty and lower than high ranking infinity ward titles. Good decision.

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ShaunassNZ

If they are going to a new publisher then that's what I've wanted them to do, in short I hate Activision and hate is a strong word.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MrKlorox

So IW will make MW4 except it will be the future and spawn a new IP for the cycle to repeat. And it will work because nobody played BF2142.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By unsolvedparadox

So if this happens, we'd get Modern Warfare 3 from Sledgehammer Games and Future Warfare/whatever from Infinity Ward? Wow, I would be okay with that.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Azteck

Not sure how I feel about this. It could be good with some new ideas in the game, but most likely it won't work because it just won't be Modern Warfare as we know it. While the game have serious flaws, I think making another game in the series with another developer is a bad move. 

I do wonder what IW will make next though, if it's not CoD. Will definitely look out for more info.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Vorbis said:
" I have to laugh, Sledgehammer guys were saying how they had to work on recycled games at EA for years, then they finally got their chance to make a new IP, Dead Space. Then they left and now are being made to work on MW3?  karmas a bitch. "
If this is the case I have to laugh at them.

I don't really care.  Wouldn't mind seeing IW do something other than a Modern Warfare game or *gasp* a FPS.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By meteora

This is an interesting rumour; one that I'm not sure if I like to hear about. Apparently IW doesn't feel like working on MW3 right now; so its either that they'll make a new game first and then make MW3 later on or have another developer make the game. To me, it sounds like its one fucking hell of a risk. I guess it doesn't really matter since the name and title itself sells millions alone for casual consumers and gamers. Its an interesting perspective to have another developer revitalize the franchise or something.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By mikemcn

That means MW4: Space Marines, is going to be alot better than the Non-IW game before it.

Also, A Call of Duty RTS would be awesome, combine the squad stuff of Dawn Of War with the progression and setting of MW2 and do it all from an over the head perspective. I can dream damn it!

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By adziboy

Finally. We can shoot limbs off in multiplayer!
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#65  Edited By citizenkane

While I would like to see Infinity Ward take a crack at a new IP, maybe even a non-FPS, I am a little skeptical at first of a new developer taking of the Modern Warfare franchise and trying to recreate the magic that IW forged.

EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By EvolutionX0

I don't really have a problem with that,  It be interesting to see what IW can make.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By jakob187

COMING 2011 - JURASSIC THE HUNTED 2: HUNT HARDER!!! 

I doubt it's going to be Modern Warfare 3, because if that were the case, I'm sure your news story would've been preceded by "Infinity Ward Tells Activision to Fuck Off After MW3 Is Given To New Studio".  IW isn't going to let Activision take the Modern Warfare torch to someone else, as IW gave them the Call of Duty franchise name as is in order to have Modern Warfare.

In all seriousness, I think it's fucking retarded if IW IS going to do MW3.  They pulled all this shit about taking the Call of Duty name out of it as much as possible, talked shit about Treyarch making W@W and breaking the game with glitches and bugs...and then doing the same thing themselves with MW2..., and now they are going to take the franchise that THEY were doing...that THEY were proud of...that was THEIRS...and they are going to say "yeah, sure, let these new guys have it while we go do this other thing"? 

Fucking...stupid.  As much of a love/hate relationship as I have with MW2...it's an IW IP, and anyone else doing it would just muddle it all up.
stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By stonyman65
@Titus: It just seemed odd... I don't know I just didn't get the whole flip flop thing.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By iam3green

crazy rumor, i kind of want it to be true and kind of not. they might change a lot of different changes that will change the game to much. it would bring new things into the game.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jkz
@iam3green said:
"they might change a lot of different changes that will change the game to much. it would bring new things into the game."
Woh, that's a lot of change in a single sentence... 

This story gives me hope; just like Bungie, I want to see IW apply their considerable talents to something new because I feel like the whole Call of Duty franchise (shut up, MW2 is part of the CoD franchise!!1!?!11!) was getting a little stale.
NegativeCreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By NegativeCreep

If this is true, it frees up IW to hopefully produce some new IP's. And the guys who made Dead Space are obviously talented, so I'm interested to see what they'd come up with for the Modern Warfare franchise.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Chokobo

You know, because Visceral Games isn't under a publishing contract with EA.

SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By SammydesinasNL

IW already want to stop with making CoD games, that's how the whole naming problems occured with MW2. Sadly if they'd make a non CoD game there'd be no Captain Price.
Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#74  Edited By buzz_killington

I think the rumour was that Sledgehammer is working on a new James Bond game, which is an existing Activision property. But it is entirely possible that they're working on two games...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By jakob187
@fwylo said:
" @Hamz said:
" For some reason I get the feeling that they will be working on that rumoured Ghost spin-off game more than any continuation of Price and Soap's story. That being said if they can bring some much needed variety to a third Modern Warfare game then great news. Hopefully IW decides to focus on a new IP rather than rehash another CoD. "
 Ya some sort of prequel that tells the story of Ghost would be awesome, they would clearly have to show the epic events that led to him obtaining that mask.  Or revive him again for a sequel?? "
If you are looking for more story about Ghost, there is a comic book series out that is detailing some of his background story right now.  It's alright, not the best stuff in the world though.
Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#76  Edited By Rebirth1337

I think they are started to see you can't make the same game. The 3rd wont sell near as many as MW2 did.

SleepyDoughnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By SleepyDoughnut
@AestheticSynthesis said:
" Here's hoping we get good multiplayer again... one without dual 1887's. "
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#78  Edited By giyanks22

I just hope MW 3 isn't ruined, I can't imagine Infinity Ward not making a MW game.

admordem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#79  Edited By admordem

I find this very suprising considering the rotating dev teams on call of duty and modern warfare is making them a foutune. Im also amazed the main team from IW is happy to pass down the sequal to the highest selling game of all time. In my head, thats like Microsoft handing the development of WIndows over to Apple.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Chokobo

Fact: IW and Activision will milk this cow until it dries up.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#81  Edited By ImperiousRix

I'd be very happy to actually see the Modern Warfare franchise get taken out of IW's hands.  They seem to be too in love with themselves concerning what an AWESOME job they did with this las game to make an honest to goodness progressive step with the next one.  I appreciate what IW's done with the series and genre in general, but a fresh perspective never hurts.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By NickL

heres to hoping iw makes another great multiplayer fps...