Is Buying a PS3 on Craigslist a Terrible Idea?

RiddleBrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RiddleBrother

What do you guys think? I know I'd never buy a used 360 unless it was from a retailer given their high rate of failure, but what about PS3s? Has any one ever bought/sold a PS3 via craigslist? What's the likelihood of it crapping out on me after a few months? I found a few online for a reasonable price, but I'm always kinda leary about this stuff.
What say thee?

Aas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Aas

Make sure "PS3" actually means a Playstation 3. Could be something else. Something totally else...

lazyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By lazyb

I bought mine of craigslist and it works fine the guys never used it. Still was in the rapping not a scratch on it. Got it for $250 back when the ps3 was $400. But I made the mistake of not checking if it was dual shock controller so I had to buy a new one. Older then I thought it was. Didn't turn out to be the best deal in the world but at the time I got it much cheaper. I'd say if it good condition and you can get it for like $175 then go for it otherwise just save up a bit more and get a slim avoid at headaches.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@lazyb said:
"  Still was in the rapping not a scratch on it. "
I wish my PS3 could still rap.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Systech

I wouldn't do it, especially since they just went down in price and come in a new model.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@Aas said:
" Make sure "PS3" actually means a Playstation 3. Could be something else. Something totally else... "
For all we know, it could be dick pills!
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By tebbit
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" @Aas said:
" Make sure "PS3" actually means a Playstation 3. Could be something else. Something totally else... "
For all we know, it could be dick pills! "
"The new Penis SyntheSIZER 3000 will synthesize YOUR DICK up to 7 CELLS LONGER" 

Ask for it by name.
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@Tebbit said:
" @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" @Aas said:
"The new Penis SyntheSIZER 3000 will synthesize YOUR DICK up to 7 CELLS LONGER"    Ask for it by name. "
XD Nice.
natetodomax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By natetodomax
@Tebbit said:
" @Aas said:
"The new Penis SyntheSIZER 3000 will synthesize YOUR DICK up to 7 CELLS LONGER"   Ask for it by name. "

reported* dont talk about shit on thse forums.
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@Tebbit said:
" @Aas said:
"The new Penis SyntheSIZER 3000 will synthesize YOUR DICK up to 7 CELLS LONGER"    Ask for it by name. "
So, I got a PM when this message was posted. Thats really weird...
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tebbit
@JeffGoldblum: Hey man, you sayin' you want some PS3? I get the good stuff, all the way back to the disk drive you know what i'm saying.
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tebbit
@natetodomax said:
" @Tebbit said:
" @Aas said:
"The new Penis SyntheSIZER 3000 will synthesize YOUR DICK up to 7 CELLS LONGER"   Ask for it by name. "
reported* dont talk about shit on thse forums. "
I've seen your posts you son of a bitch. 

However admittedly I havn't responded to OP, so here we go:  So long as you make sure that what is written is exactly what you want, getting a PS3 on craigslist shouldn't be any more dangerous than getting one off ebay. And that danger level is pretty low, as there really isn't much that can go wrong with a PS3. I'd say go for it, especially if it's a lot cheaper than RRP.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By natetodamax

Sure, but it might come with a dildo and a tub of whipped cream.

Also, ignore that dick faggot natetodomax above me.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By mesklinite

Meet in a public place.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ninjakiller

Forum fight?  I like it!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jakob187

Don't see why not.  Just make sure that you've got a friend with you when you go to pick it up, and also make sure that you are shown that it is in working condition unless it's advertised as being new in the box still. 

The reason I say bring a friend...is because you never know who the fuck you're going to meet on Craigslist.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By penguindust
@jakob187 said:
"...The reason I say bring a friend...is because you never know who the fuck you're going to meet on Craigslist. "
True, but if they offer you candy, there's no reason to refuse.  And, I'm sure the photos will be tasteful.

Yeah, like anything you buy used, it's buyer beware.  I personally wouldn't unless it was a backwards compatible model, because you can get a fully warrantied PS3Slim at a decent price now.  Before the end of the year, there will probably be package deals offered, too.  I definitely think you  should ask to see the thing running and don't forget to inspect the product.  Also, ask if they've ever had to return it or if it was ever damaged.  Lots of people sell their consoles because they need the money, not because they are trying to screw someone over.  Trust but verify.
Avatar image for deactivated-587815b1c9354
deactivated-587815b1c9354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

if i were you i wouldnt get anything off craigslist

HAMMERCLAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HAMMERCLAW

Not as bad an idea, as buying an XBOX 360 on Craig's List.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iam3green

i would say get it. my friend got a ps3 off of craiglist he paid $350 and got two games. it is still working great.  try and get him to meet somewhere u can test to make sure it works.

i would suggest u make sure it all plugs in. i bought a 360 off of craiglist and the dude gave me the wrong plug. i called him once i found out about it, he said he was back home said he would be in town on the weekend for his band. i called him he never answered, i emailed, so i just said screw it i'll just buy a plug off of ebay.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Akeldama
@RiddleBrother said:
" What do you guys think? I know I'd never buy a used 360 unless it was from a retailer given their high rate of failure, but what about PS3s? Has any one ever bought/sold a PS3 via craigslist? What's the likelihood of it crapping out on me after a few months? I found a few online for a reasonable price, but I'm always kinda leary about this stuff. What say thee? "
whats wrong with best buy?