kariyanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 1

Edited By kariyanine

...that people play a game properly.

I've been playing online games long enough that I understand there are a select group of "special" individuals who make it their life's goal to make other people's leisure time a giant pain in the ass. Be it homophobic racists in Halo, assholes who leave the map in Gears of War, or even people who take advantage of the ever present blue-line glitch in the NHL series, they are out there and all of us have to accept it.

I've recently developed a strong addiction to Battlefield 1943 and while I can't stand the asshole in the game who is standing on the aircraft carrier in Air Superiority waiting for planes to spawn so he can blow them up with a rocket launcher I've come to accept his stupidity. What I can't stand is his/her moronic counterpart. You all know the guy (or girl), the one who gets in a plane and has no idea how to fly it, treating it more like a flying bulldozer than a fighter jet.

News flash to players of Battlefield 1943, the blue team is yours so it behooves you to maybe not try and run them out of the sky as you pursue a kill because all you are going to do is get yourself and your teammate killed. I myself am not the greatest pilot and still generally get more kills in a plane by running it head on into my opponent but I do know to avoid running into my own team members for both our sakes. Oh and in the game proper when you choose the sniper class please find yourself a nice bunker or grove of tress to hang out in, you aren't meant to be front line troops and trying to back up regular infantry with your bolt action rifle generally just means you and your squad mates are going to die. Really its OK to camp if you want to be a sniper.

kariyanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#1  Edited By kariyanine

...that people play a game properly.

I've been playing online games long enough that I understand there are a select group of "special" individuals who make it their life's goal to make other people's leisure time a giant pain in the ass. Be it homophobic racists in Halo, assholes who leave the map in Gears of War, or even people who take advantage of the ever present blue-line glitch in the NHL series, they are out there and all of us have to accept it.

I've recently developed a strong addiction to Battlefield 1943 and while I can't stand the asshole in the game who is standing on the aircraft carrier in Air Superiority waiting for planes to spawn so he can blow them up with a rocket launcher I've come to accept his stupidity. What I can't stand is his/her moronic counterpart. You all know the guy (or girl), the one who gets in a plane and has no idea how to fly it, treating it more like a flying bulldozer than a fighter jet.

News flash to players of Battlefield 1943, the blue team is yours so it behooves you to maybe not try and run them out of the sky as you pursue a kill because all you are going to do is get yourself and your teammate killed. I myself am not the greatest pilot and still generally get more kills in a plane by running it head on into my opponent but I do know to avoid running into my own team members for both our sakes. Oh and in the game proper when you choose the sniper class please find yourself a nice bunker or grove of tress to hang out in, you aren't meant to be front line troops and trying to back up regular infantry with your bolt action rifle generally just means you and your squad mates are going to die. Really its OK to camp if you want to be a sniper.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

well in the end you cant really tell people how to enjoy the games they spent money for....

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I agree with you OP, but I also agree with ZombieHunter. It drives me crazy when people act like imbeciles in a game, but they can (and will) do whatever they want. The rep system is a joke, but it is there so you may as well use it for what it's worth.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

But we are paying for the game as well, and we want to enjoy it. It's hard to enjoy a game when people are being stupid.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Snipzor

Is it still okay if I snipe people with the basic rifle from across the map? I am quite good at that lately.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#6  Edited By citizenkane
Moved to the General Discussion forum.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By KaosAngel

Man, you're going to hate PC gamers with a passion then.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Absurd
@KaosAngel said:

" Man, you're going to hate PC gamers with a passion then.

"
Lmao <3 PC Gamers.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Well the kamikaze technique is only legit when playing as the Imperials.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By KaosAngel
@TheMustacheHero said:
" Well the kamikaze technique is only legit when playing as the Imperials. "

No Caption Provided
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@KaosAngel: It's not racist if it's true.
Did you ever see any marines fly themselves into Japanese battleships?
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Claude

That Team Fortress 2 shit was hilarious. Hell, even in Tiger Woods 10 for the Wii people are dicks and you can't even talk to them. I've played guys that just fuck off during the whole match and it takes forever to beat them, fucking bastards and their 11 on every goddamn hole.

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By dj

I agree and disagree. I will admit that I hate the people who join CTF matches but don't go for the flag. However I don't think that means that all these people should be chastised. They should just mess around somewhere else, like in the middle of highway traffic. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By CL60

Wait...so you hate when people suck at flying? How can they improve if they never fly.

TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@CL60: I think he means the people who blowup the planes right as they spawn or just get in the planes, fly them for two seconds then jump out just to parachute.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_A_Drain
@ZombieHunter said:
"well in the end you cant really tell people how to enjoy the games they spent money for.... "

On the contrary, when there is 20-something other peoples enjoyment at stake, you can.  

Regardless, this is why I don't bother. It's not so much people going off and doing there own thing I mind, that's fine, they can fly planes into the sun for all I care, i'm doing my own thing also, usually sitting on an island with a rifle. Equally as counter productive seeing as I hardly ever hit anybody. 

The problem I do have is with griefing, damaging your own teams equipment, that sort of junk. It's incredibly annoying, and when someone elses enjoyment of doing stupid-ass things comes above my own, that's where I draw the line and quit.  

But yeah, at the end of the day it's up to the developers to dictate how people can and cannot enjoy the game, and they've deemed it's ok. Nobody else can tell you how to enjoy the game other than the developers who set the rules, not us.