Is Nintendo making games that don't use motion controls dumb ?

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By turbomonkey138

I mean everyone loves WII sports etc . But Smash Bros Brawl uses no motion controls at all . Just seems like they can't make there mind up if they want to go full blown motion controls or stick with the old stuff . I mean Mario galaxy was a great example of how to use motion controls . 
What do you guys think ? 

I mean do you think they are trying to please the hardcore fans  ?

I mean they use full motions controls in Zelda and metroid ...and mario cart . But not that game .

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By turbomonkey138

I think they should go full motion controls and leave the old style of controlling games behind . But that's just my opinion whats yours ?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By oldschool
@turbomonkey138 said:
" I think they should go full motion controls and leave the old style of controlling games behind . But that's just my opinion whats yours ? "
Horses for courses I suppose.  Some games it works better on than others.  It is just like the DS, not every game uses the stylus and when they do it because they can, not because they should, the results are not normally good.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By turbomonkey138
@oldschool said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:
" I think they should go full motion controls and leave the old style of controlling games behind . But that's just my opinion whats yours ? "
Horses for courses I suppose.  Some games it works better on than others.  It is just like the DS, not every game uses the stylus and when they do it because they can, not because they should, the results are not normally good. "
Ah yea i get you . I mean Mario cart ds would not work with the stylus . But i mean if they can make mario work galaxy work so well with motion controls . Then why can't they make smash bros work . 
I mean i would still use the gamecube controller so i guess im a hypocrict xD
Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Marzy

Judging by a recent comment by Shigeru Miyamoto in an interview, it seems as if the new Zelda on Wii will use motion controls heavy throughout the game. He said "it is very fun to move your body around."

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By bonbolapti

There's to many times were I perfer to just go the old NES way.
So I guess I don't really care if they don't use motion controls.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oldschool
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @oldschool said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:
Horses for courses I suppose.  Some games it works better on than others.  It is just like the DS, not every game uses the stylus and when they do it because they can, not because they should, the results are not normally good."
Ah yea i get you . I mean Mario cart ds would not work with the stylus . But i mean if they can make mario work galaxy work so well with motion controls . Then why can't they make smash bros work .  I mean i would still use the gamecube controller so i guess im a hypocrict xD "
Until they can make proper use of the wiimote for racing cars and fighting, it is better to stick with a regular controller, although I use the wiimote in both Samsh Bros and Mario Kart anyway. 

@Marzy said:
" Judging by a recent comment by Shigeru Miyamoto in an interview, it seems as if the new Zelda on Wii will use motion controls heavy throughout the game. He said "it is very fun to move your body around." "
I enjoyed the wiimote on Twilight Princess, and now with more experience and motion +, I am figuring a new Zelda will be a dream with motion controls.
skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By skrutop

Not all games are well-suited to motion controls.  I'd prefer that developers don't shoehorn in motion controls unless they are appropriate to the game.

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Sdoots

There's a lot of times where motion controls wouldn't add anything to the game. I'd rather play a game that implements them in a smart fashion (Metroid Prime Trilogy), then a game where I have to constantly swing the wiimote around for every mundane task, like opening a door.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By VWGTI

Motion controls should only be in a game if they make sense. Motion controls should never be forced. It should be an natural extension to the gameplay. A game like Smash wouldn't work very well with motion controls, at least I don't think so.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By Willy105

Smash Bros has motion controls.

And anyway, I always wondered exactly what Nintendo is doing going after the "hardcore" gamers. It makes no sense business wise, or even logically. When they have found an infinetaly huge audience that loves and adores them, why are they still bothering to do these very expensive "core" games for people who don't even care about them?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By oldschool
@Willy105 said:
" Smash Bros has motion controls.  And anyway, I always wondered exactly what Nintendo is doing going after the "hardcore" gamers. It makes no sense business wise, or even logically. When they have found an infinetaly huge audience that loves and adores them, why are they still bothering to do these very expensive "core" games for people who don't even care about them? "
Market diversity.  The market Nintendo has tapped into so well is likely a fickle market that get bored easily.  Putting your entire focus on that market would be business suicide.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By iam3green

no, i don't think it is dumb for them to not have motion controls for all of their games. i just think it might get people thinking that a video game doesn't need motion controls for everything.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Marzy said:
" Judging by a recent comment by Shigeru Miyamoto in an interview, it seems as if the new Zelda on Wii will use motion controls heavy throughout the game. He said "it is very fun to move your body around." "
Not when you've come back from work or college and you're too tired. It's great in concept but sometimes I just want to sit down and play. 'course, I'm sure many people think this way as well.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Linkyshinks

No. The objective and demands of a specific game should culture it's control scheme.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Linkyshinks said:
" No. The objective and demands of a specific game should culture it's control scheme. "
I was going to say that, but he already did. If a game doesn't need it but makes great use of it anyway (Zack & Wiki, for example), great; just don't make a habit of making games that shoehorn motion control in. Conversely, if a game would be much better with some sort of motion control, PUT THE DAMN MOTION CONTROLS IN!!!
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pie

All the best ones dont  

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheGremp

I think the best route is to totally drop the motion control gimmick.  Sadly, that won't happen since it's been going so well for them. 

The entire gaming industry is going to be reduced to a pile of rubble because Ninty, MS and Sony want to cash in on casual gamers.  Awesome.  Once the "wand" and Natal come out, we're going to be riding down a road that leads to an industry full of waggle controls and arm flailing. 

Families can have their Wii.  Just don't get it mixed in with my games.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Willy105
@TheGremp said:
"I think the best route is to totally drop the motion control gimmick.  Sadly, that won't happen since it's been going so well for them.  The entire gaming industry is going to be reduced to a pile of rubble because Ninty, MS and Sony want to cash in on casual gamers.  Awesome.  Once the "wand" and Natal come out, we're going to be riding down a road that leads to an industry full of waggle controls and arm flailing.  Families can have their Wii.  Just don't get it mixed in with my games. "

You act as if all that is a bad thing. There is nothing wrong about playing good games and being active. In fact, it's the first thing in a long time that gives videogames something resembling a good reputation by normal people.  

@Pie
said: 0

"All the best ones dont   "

The Wii Sports games disagree!      

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By End_Boss
@turbomonkey138 said:
No Caption Provided
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pie
@End_Boss said:

" @turbomonkey138 said:

No Caption Provided
"
You know he'a right though
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oldschool
@Willy105 said:

" @Pie said:

The Wii Sports games disagree!      "
 So does Super Mario Galaxy!        
This is fun.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Willy105
@oldschool said:
" @Willy105 said:

" @Pie said:

So does Super Mario Galaxy!        This is fun. "

Super Mario Galaxy didn't use the Wiimote to it's full potential, but the brief action pieces with the surfing, bubble-riding, and the ball stages were a blast, and the motion controls were superb. 

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By ajamafalous
@Pie said:
" All the best ones dont   "
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pie
@Willy105 said:

" @oldschool said:

" @Willy105 said:

" @Pie said:

Super Mario Galaxy didn't use the Wiimote to it's full potential, but the brief action pieces with the surfing, bubble-riding, and the ball stages were a blast, and the motion controls were superb. 

"
Damn, this bug where it doesnt tell me that I was quoted is getting worse!
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By oldschool
@Pie said:

" @Willy105 said:

" @oldschool said:

" @Willy105 said:

" @Pie said:

"
Damn , this bug where it doesnt tell me that I was quoted is getting worse!   "
How happy are we 
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Nintendo in general is dumb. 

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pie
@oldschool said:

" @Pie said:

" @Willy105 said:

" @oldschool said:

" @Willy105 said:

" @Pie said:

"
Damn , this bug where it doesnt tell me that I was quoted is getting worse!   "
How happy are we  "
Yep