Just a thought, Giant Bomb...

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 52

#1  Edited By tearhead

I heard that you guys (Jeff specifically) want to make a good Collection tool on the site to archive every game you own.  I hope this happens soon and can't wait cause I loved the collection tool in Gamespot and I just thought of an idea that at least I think would be a small, cool idea.

So there should be something counting how many games you have from each system like Gamespot did and say something like "USER'S preferred console is Playstation 2" based on how many games you have for that console in relation to the others.  So there should be a similar thing for franchises, developers, publisher, etc.  So it should look at the most games in one franchise and say "USER's prefered franchise is Final Fantasy" or whatever, and do that for the rest.

I think this tool could further connect the site to the users and could be really interesting.  Just a small idea I had, any of you guys think this would be a good idea?

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HazBazz

User's Favorite Item Is Hamburger
User's Favorite Concept Is Breast Bounce

I'm liking this idea

Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rorschach

For games, most definitely. I too love the collection tool. I'd be interested, if a little hesitant, to see how ideas such has preferred franchises might work.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tearhead
HazBazz said:
"User's Favorite Item Is Hamburger

I'm liking this idea"
Now your cookin' with gas!  This is exactly what I mean; they could link aspects of a game to pages on the site then show that on your collection.
HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By HazBazz
Tearhead said:
"HazBazz said:

I'm liking this idea"
Now your cookin' with gas!  This is exactly what I mean; they could link aspects of a game to pages on the site then show that on your collection."
The only problem is that some concepts/items appear in just about every game ever made. Everybody's favorite concept will be Health, and everybodys favorite item would be Guns
tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tearhead
HazBazz said:
"Tearhead said:
"HazBazz said:

I'm liking this idea"
Now your cookin' with gas!  This is exactly what I mean; they could link aspects of a game to pages on the site then show that on your collection."
The only problem is that some concepts/items appear in just about every game ever made. Everybody's favorite concept will be Health, and everybodys favorite item would be Guns"
Yeeeaaa... ah well; just stick to the franchises, publishers etc. Unless Giant Bomb can come up with something to make that stuff work right; the guys upstairs are some programming wizards!
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

I love that tool for GS as well, and I would be enthralled to see it come here.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
RHCPfan24 said:
"I love that tool for GS as well, and I would be enthralled to see it come here."
It is coming next year. It has been mentioned many times.