My shameful list of unfinished games

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By angelkanarias

I have the strange habit of not finishing games. This paradox mainly occurs when I buy a game everyone says is outstanding and I just don't get the point somewhere through the game. I'm sure I am not the only one feeling like this. Well, bellow you have some examples of this situation, games like bioshock or mass effect. 

So here is the list of games I failed at completing.... *shame*

1. BioShock

I started it, seemed pretty cool, bu I just couldn't get the hang of it. I guess the frame rate in my computer didn't help either.

2. Mass Effect

I guess I'm finding out I never get the excitement I need to complete an RPG game. RPGs seem to be too long and slow paced for me, I need fast and frenetic games, straight forward.

3. Half-Life

This game is great, but it's like a puzzle and, well, it was made a long time ago. I'll wait for the Black Mesa Source game (which uses the source engine and is free).

4. Super Mario Galaxy

Yeah, I feel horrible for this one. I have to finish it, but somewhere along the line I stopped using my wii and forgot about this one. I have to find some time to finish it.

5. Grand Theft Auto IV

I just got tired of it at some point a long time ago. As with Mass Effect, this game is pretty long and not straight forward. You have to complete loads of tasks with random dudes, and I just don't feel attracted to that type of games. Now I started again and I'm willing to beat it.

6. Borderlands

I still haven't finished this one yet and I'm starting to loose the excitement, but I'll finish it, I promise. As with Mass Effect, I'm starting to see how RPGs are my weak points. They are too open, I apparently get confused or bored by this.

7. Crysis

With my computer being formatted loads of times and only having a temporary time to use my decent computer, this game doesn't get my love. The game is also a bit slow, so I just don't find time and patience to finish it. *spoilers start* I got to the point where the aliens go out the mountain or something, after that I think I formatted my computer and forgot about it *spoilers end* 

EDIT* March 2010- The day that will be remembered for Angel finishing Crysis.
8. Far Cry 2

This game is just horrible. I don't think I'll ever finish it. My brother, who likes every game I dislike, got pretty much further than me and a dude you select to take the missions died and never again respawned, horrible bug.

Link to list 

So, anybody else has other games, which haven't been finished, which other people think are outstanding?
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By angelkanarias

I have the strange habit of not finishing games. This paradox mainly occurs when I buy a game everyone says is outstanding and I just don't get the point somewhere through the game. I'm sure I am not the only one feeling like this. Well, bellow you have some examples of this situation, games like bioshock or mass effect. 

1. BioShock

I started it, seemed pretty cool, bu I just couldn't get the hang of it. I guess the frame rate in my computer didn't help either.

2. Mass Effect

I guess I'm finding out I never get the excitement I need to complete an RPG game. RPGs seem to be too long and slow paced for me, I need fast and frenetic games, straight forward.

3. Half-Life

This game is great, but it's like a puzzle and, well, it was made a long time ago. I'll wait for the Black Mesa Source game (which uses the source engine and is free).

4. Super Mario Galaxy

Yeah, I feel horrible for this one. I have to finish it, but somewhere along the line I stopped using my wii and forgot about this one. I have to find some time to finish it.

5. Grand Theft Auto IV

I just got tired of it at some point a long time ago. As with Mass Effect, this game is pretty long and not straight forward. You have to complete loads of tasks with random dudes, and I just don't feel attracted to that type of games. Now I started again and I'm willing to beat it.

6. Borderlands

I still haven't finished this one yet and I'm starting to loose the excitement, but I'll finish it, I promise. As with Mass Effect, I'm starting to see how RPGs are my weak points. They are too open, I apparently get confused or bored by this.

7. Crysis

With my computer being formatted loads of times and only having a temporary time to use my decent computer, this game doesn't get my love. The game is also a bit slow, so I just don't find time and patience to finish it. *spoilers start* I got to the point where the aliens go out the mountain or something, after that I think I formatted my computer and forgot about it *spoilers end* 

EDIT* March 2010- The day that will be remembered for Angel finishing Crysis.
8. Far Cry 2

This game is just horrible. I don't think I'll ever finish it. My brother, who likes every game I dislike, got pretty much further than me and a dude you select to take the missions died and never again respawned, horrible bug.

Link to list 

So, anybody else has other games, which haven't been finished, which other people think are outstanding?
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Jeust

I haven't finished...

• Persona 3
  • Persona 4
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Dragon Age
  • Half Life
  • Half Life 2
  • Halo
  • Fatal Frame
  • Fatal Frame 2
  • Fatal Frame 3
  • Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
  • Parasite Eve 1
  • Parasite Eve 2
  • Fallout 3
  • Resident Evil 5

And i'm finishing assassin's creed.
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By angelkanarias
@Jeust said:
" And i'm finishing assassin's creed. "
Yeah, I had that game half-way done and left it for some time, then I had to catch up, a friend insisted in giving it back xD
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

@angelkanarias:
It took me a while to get through the original Half-Life as well. In fact, I don't think I muscled through it until I played the sequel, which is incredible, if you haven't played it.  

Also, the number of people who didn't finish Grand Theft Auto IV outnumber people who did seven-to-one.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jeust
@angelkanarias: 

What did you think of the game?  :)
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

Do the game count if you haven't started playing them? Or even gotten them? if so for both, then I have a HUGE list.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Bones8677

I haven't finished 

• Batman: Arkham Asylum (though I fully intend on finishing it before the end of the year)
  • InFamous (Great  game but the missions are VERY FEW, mad linear and repetitive, identical to the missions I did on the last island)
  • Killzone 2 (Single player 'aint all that great, it has a hard-on for killing me with cheap deaths)
  • Halo 3: ODST (Love the music and atmosphere, but Bungie seriously misjudged what made their previous games great)
  • Final Fantasy X (Approached the last level of the game, and I know I won't be able to beat it unless I dedicate too many hours to grinding)
  • Final Fantasy XII (Great game, but it's a slow burn, and long too. Plus I ran out of money and my whole part desperately needs upgrades)
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
There's plenty of other games sitting on my shelf that I need to finish, but these are the biggies.
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By angelkanarias
@Sir_Ragnarok said:
" @angelkanarias:
It took me a while to get through the original Half-Life as well. In fact, I don't think I muscled through it until I played the sequel, which is incredible, if you haven't played it.   Also, the number of people who didn't finish Grand Theft Auto IV outnumber people who did seven-to-one. "  
I have played the sequel, and yeah it's incredible, but that first game is too damn slow/puzzly. Good to know I'm not the only one who hasn't finished gta. 

@Jeust
said:
" @angelkanarias:   What did you think of the game?  :) "  
great game, the end was pretty cool and funny in some way. I didn't expect that type of ending. Anyways, the game in general was ok, some people found it too repetitive, but I found every kill different, the personalities and dialogues were amazing. 

@Video_Game_King
said:
" Do the game count if you haven't started playing them? Or even gotten them? if so for both, then I have a HUGE list. "  
 lol
cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By cstrang

There are a lot of big name games on here.  Shocking, really.  Except Far Cry 2.  That game is the definition of tedium.  Until you get near the end, anyways.  The last hour or so is set up so you feel like a badass.  Borderlands isn't a game you should feel compelled to finish.  There isn't a real story, so as soon as you've had your fill of it, you should move on.  I've S-ranked that game, and re S-ranked it when the DLC came out earlier this week.  I'm done with it.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By angelkanarias
@Bones8677 said: 

" I haven't finished   Batman: Arkham Asylum (though I fully intend on finishing it before the end of the year) InFamous (Great  game but the missions are VERY FEW, mad linear and repetitive, identical to the missions I did on the last island) Killzone 2 (Single player 'aint all that great, it has a hard-on for killing me with cheap deaths) Halo 3: ODST (Love the music and atmosphere, but Bungie seriously misjudged what made their previous games great) Final Fantasy X (Approached the last level of the game, and I know I won't be able to beat it unless I dedicate too many hours to grinding) Final Fantasy XII (Great game, but it's a slow burn, and long too. Plus I ran out of money and my whole part desperately needs upgrades) There's plenty of other games sitting on my shelf that I need to finish, but these are the biggies. "

Infamous is a bit repetitive, but in general it has a good feeling to it. Having few missions made me finish it in no time, which is good in some kind of way, if not it would be sitting on the shelf as the rest. And you should totally finish killzone, the campaign was pretty cool for me. But I agree, it gets very frustrating at some points.  

@cstrang said:

" There are a lot of big name games on here.  Shocking, really.  Except Far Cry 2.  That game is the definition of tedium.  Until you get near the end, anyways.  The last hour or so is set up so you feel like a badass.  Borderlands isn't a game you should feel compelled to finish.  There isn't a real story, so as soon as you've had your fill of it, you should move on.  I've S-ranked that game, and re S-ranked it when the DLC came out earlier this week.  I'm done with it. "

yeah, that game is tedious (farcry). I guess I'll be moving on with borderlands shortly. 
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jeust
@angelkanarias: 

i agree with you. I was actually playing Batman: Arkham Asylum and Assassin's Creed at the same time, but as i grew fond of the game, i left Batman for later. 

I also understand why people say it's repetitive. It can be, if played for some hours straight. But as i play in one hour, hour and a half, periods, i find it quite enjoyable.

Though the main story pacing is horrible. Most of the times i forget Desmond Miles. Only to remember when i exit the game.
sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By sionweeks

GTA IV and I stopped playing Far Cry 2 because it got frustrating.  The rest of my games I finish.

fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By fuzzyponken

I'm just stealing your list, which I realize is sort of weird.  

1. BioShock

Played about halfway through the game in like two sittings then didn't play anymore for over a year. Recently finished the other half but it feels like I need to play it through again to get the full experience. Probably won't, 'cause that is one taxing game. 

2. Mass Effect

Never played it. Was tempted to buy it when it was super cheap on Steam but then I remembered I hate these types of games. 

3. Half-Life

This game is great. Played and finished it when it came out and probably played through it about five or six times since then. 

4. Super Mario Galaxy

Well, I finished the story, but I've yet to collect all 120 stars. I'm at 118 and I'm at this purple coin level that I just can't beat. I've tried like a hundred times with no success, so I'll probably never unlock Luigi but to be honest I don't care. Game was good, but it's hardly the masterpiece it's made out to be. 

5. Grand Theft Auto IV

Played and finished on both PS3 and PC. One of my favorite games of all time, despite the shitty gameplay. Really strange for me to feel that way about a game that controls poorly. I'm usually a "gameplay over story" type of guy all the way. 

6. Borderlands

Never played it. The very thought of this game kind of bores me for some reason. I should be all over it, a story driven FPS with RPG elements, lootz and cool stylized graphics, it sounds right up my alley. Yet, something in the back of my head tells me I will not enjoy this game. And I tend to trust my gut. 

7. Crysis

I played it up to where everything turns to ice and thought it got a bit silly and stopped playing. I would have preferred the game to take itself a bit more seriously. Or maybe it did and I just mistook its attempts at being serious for ironic comedy. Maybe I'll play this again someday. My computer kind of struggled with it back then but I have a better graphics card now and I would like to see Crysis in all its glory. 

8. Far Cry 2
Urrr... I really enjoyed this game, but it got old really fast. I came to the second map, which I guess is halfway through the game, thought it was pretty cool that I got a new environment to play in, realized it looked exactly the same, turned it off and never started it again. Will most likely never play again. 
By the way, I don't think the dudes are supposed to respawn. I recall having my pals die on several occasions and having to get new friends from the bar or whatever. You can even give them a mercy bullet to the head if they're too hurt to follow you. 
Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

•  Persona 4:   Im 40 hours in and i promise i will go back and finish it so i can go watch the rest of the endurance run. 
  • Ratchet And Clank 2 & 3 :  these games are much to similar and the simplicity of it all bored me to death.
  • Final Fantasy X : I will finish this someday
  • Devil May Cry 3 : Meh...
  • Kingdom Hearts 2 : This game sucks =P
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PureRok

If I made a list it would have 189 games in it. I'm not going to bother.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jeust
@PureRok: 

Mine has 200 and something hehehe :p
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By Hamst3r
@angelkanarias said:
"So, anybody else has other games, which haven't been finished, which other people think are outstanding?"

Deus Ex.
Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#18  Edited By Brackynews
@PureRok said:
" If I made a list it would have 189 games in it. I'm not going to bother. "
This.  I'd feel better trying to finish one instead. :)   And yet I keep buying more once the prices are right...
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By angelkanarias
@fuzzyponken said:
"  I'm just stealing your list, which I realize is sort of weird.  

1. BioShock

Played about halfway through the game in like two sittings then didn't play anymore for over a year. Recently finished the other half but it feels like I need to play it through again to get the full experience. Probably won't, 'cause that is one taxing game. 

2. Mass Effect

Never played it. Was tempted to buy it when it was super cheap on Steam but then I remembered I hate these types of games. 

3. Half-Life

This game is great. Played and finished it when it came out and probably played through it about five or six times since then. 

4. Super Mario Galaxy

Well, I finished the story, but I've yet to collect all 120 stars. I'm at 118 and I'm at this purple coin level that I just can't beat. I've tried like a hundred times with no success, so I'll probably never unlock Luigi but to be honest I don't care. Game was good, but it's hardly the masterpiece it's made out to be. 

5. Grand Theft Auto IV

Played and finished on both PS3 and PC. One of my favorite games of all time, despite the shitty gameplay. Really strange for me to feel that way about a game that controls poorly. I'm usually a "gameplay over story" type of guy all the way. 

6. Borderlands

Never played it. The very thought of this game kind of bores me for some reason. I should be all over it, a story driven FPS with RPG elements, lootz and cool stylized graphics, it sounds right up my alley. Yet, something in the back of my head tells me I will not enjoy this game. And I tend to trust my gut. 

7. Crysis

I played it up to where everything turns to ice and thought it got a bit silly and stopped playing. I would have preferred the game to take itself a bit more seriously. Or maybe it did and I just mistook its attempts at being serious for ironic comedy. Maybe I'll play this again someday. My computer kind of struggled with it back then but I have a better graphics card now and I would like to see Crysis in all its glory. 

8. Far Cry 2
Urrr... I really enjoyed this game, but it got old really fast. I came to the second map, which I guess is halfway through the game, thought it was pretty cool that I got a new environment to play in, realized it looked exactly the same, turned it off and never started it again. Will most likely never play again. 
By the way, I don't think the dudes are supposed to respawn. I recall having my pals die on several occasions and having to get new friends from the bar or whatever. You can even give them a mercy bullet to the head if they're too hurt to follow you. 
"
Lol, cool modification of my post. 
Half-life: It seems great, but I don't know, it gets slow and puzzly, I'll wait for the awesome source version. 
Borderlands: Good you have that kind of sense before buying a game. 
Crysis: Yeah, this game is the perfect candidate to test a computer. 
Far-cry: the dude that died is not a pal, it's the dude guarding the door of the faction buildings where you get the missions.@PureRok said:
" If I made a list it would have 189 games in it. I'm not going to bother. "
I understand @Hamst3r said:
" @angelkanarias said:
"So, anybody else has other games, which haven't been finished, which other people think are outstanding?"
 Deus Ex. "
wow, I played that game long-ago, I guess I didn't ever finish it, it was great, or at least I remember it being great.@Resident4t said:
"
  •  Persona 4:   Im 40 hours in and i promise i will go back and finish it so i can go watch the rest of the endurance run. 
  • Ratchet And Clank 2 & 3 :  these games are much to similar and the simplicity of it all bored me to death.
  • Final Fantasy X : I will finish this someday
  • Devil May Cry 3 : Meh...
  • Kingdom Hearts 2 : This game sucks =P
"
well, the games you seem to play are pretty long, I understand why you haven't finished them.
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Skald
@angelkanarias said:
"

1. BioShock

2. Mass Effect

3. Half-Life

4. Super Mario Galaxy

5. Grand Theft Auto IV

6. Borderlands

7. Crysis

8. Far Cry 2

Link to list  So, anybody else has other games, which haven't been finished, which other people think are outstanding? "
Nothing too important there. I too am guilty of not yet finishing Borderlands. It's really cool, but the lack of a story makes it harder to be interested. Cool game though.
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By angelkanarias
@extremeradical said:
" @angelkanarias said:
"
6. Borderlands

Nothing too important there. I too am guilty of not yet finishing Borderlands. It's really cool, but the lack of a story makes it harder to be interested. Cool game though. "
That's totally how I feel. The game is cool, but I totally need strong story-lines to keep me playing.
unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By unchained

Here is mine. 

I'm so so very ashamed of not finishing some of these. 

List of Shame

1. Planescape: Torment

My biggest shame. I got very far into this game, and then the PC I owned at the time petered out. The data was unrecoverable. I have tried to go back to it several times since, but still have yet to finish it. I'll be in the backyard, burying my head in the sand.

2. Mass Effect

Another huge shame. This one, I'll be completing a full playthrough in the intervening weeks between now and Christmas.

3. inFAMOUS

I played much of this game, but wasn't interested enough to see it through to the end. I imagine I'll give it another go sometime in the next year.

4. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

I was so pumped for this game. But the times I'm very into Star Wars are few and far between, and those times also do not last long. I was beginning to lose interest of this game by about half-way through the first playthrough.

5. Super Mario Galaxy

I will complete this game sometime. I will. I promise. (I hope).

6. Warhammer: Mark of Chaos

I love the Warhammer universe. I just couldn't get into this game once the Skaven were brought in. I'll probably give it another go in the next few months though.

7. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

I got so far into this game. And I've kept an old tube television and gamecube just for this game so that I can play it through to completion at least once. . . .but I've yet to do it.

moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By moelarrycurly

For those of you lacking the inspiration to finish games, I present to you The Backloggery. 
http://www.backloggery.com/  

It's one of the most useful gaming websites known to man. 

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hamst3r
@angelkanarias said:
@Hamst3r said:
" @angelkanarias said:
 Deus Ex. "
wow, I played that game long-ago, I guess I didn't ever finish it, it was great, or at least I remember it being great."

My history of attempting to play Deus Ex is horrible: 

Back when it came out I hadn't heard anything about it. Absolutely nothing. No praise nor hate. I got the demo on a CD with a magazine, tried it out and though, "Well, this looks kind of cool, but it's BORING, holy shit is it boring." - it was bad.

Later I was told by a friend that, "Yeah, the first area is kind of crap. Once you get past that it's amazing." He lent me his copy. I got past the demo area, yet I still couldn't find anything of value in it. It was just this insanely boring game with bad everything.

Jump ahead 6 or 7 years. I had completely forgotten about having ever played Deus Ex. I had been hearing that it was the best game ever made, so when it popped up on Steam for a dollar or two I bought it. I started it up, recognized nothing and went on my way as though it was my first time. Same shit happened, I thought, "damn, this is horrible." I pressed on anyways. As I got further I started remembering things. I remembered what my friend said about it, so I kept going and I got further than ever before. It didn't get any better.

Funnily enough, I still have it installed and with my save file from a year or so ago. I still plan on getting through it just to see if it ever gets better. Funnier still is whenever I read the complaints people have about the sequel, "Invisible War" it reads like a list of fixes to the brokenness of the original. :P

I haven't tried the sequel yet as I don't like jumping into sequels before I finish the original.

Anyways. Yup. Deus Ex: The best game ever made - and I just can't get into it.
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By angelkanarias
@Unchained said:
" Here is mine. 

I'm so so very ashamed of not finishing some of these. 

List of Shame

1. Planescape: Torment

My biggest shame. I got very far into this game, and then the PC I owned at the time petered out. The data was unrecoverable. I have tried to go back to it several times since, but still have yet to finish it. I'll be in the backyard, burying my head in the sand.

2. Mass Effect

Another huge shame. This one, I'll be completing a full playthrough in the intervening weeks between now and Christmas.

3. inFAMOUS

I played much of this game, but wasn't interested enough to see it through to the end. I imagine I'll give it another go sometime in the next year.

4. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

I was so pumped for this game. But the times I'm very into Star Wars are few and far between, and those times also do not last long. I was beginning to lose interest of this game by about half-way through the first playthrough.

5. Super Mario Galaxy

I will complete this game sometime. I will. I promise. (I hope).

6. Warhammer: Mark of Chaos

I love the Warhammer universe. I just couldn't get into this game once the Skaven were brought in. I'll probably give it another go in the next few months though.

7. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

I got so far into this game. And I've kept an old tube television and gamecube just for this game so that I can play it through to completion at least once. . . .but I've yet to do it.

"  
Infamous doesn't have that much of a tightened storyline, I can understand why you didn't stick to it. You should finish star wars, it isn't as long as it seems, just think of the cutscenes as your prize for finishing each level. And  I won't probably finish any incomplete games from my gamecube. For instance, final fantasy crystal chronicles (too long and my wii is lurking in the shadows of my garage) @moelarrycurly said:
" For those of you lacking the inspiration to finish games, I present to you The Backloggery. 
http://www.backloggery.com/    It's one of the most useful gaming websites known to man.  "
Seems like a cool concept, but I think it will take time to fill every game I have or haven't played.@Hamst3r said:
" @angelkanarias said:
@Hamst3r said:
" @angelkanarias said:
 Deus Ex. "
wow, I played that game long-ago, I guess I didn't ever finish it, it was great, or at least I remember it being great."

My history of attempting to play Deus Ex is horrible: 

Back when it came out I hadn't heard anything about it. Absolutely nothing. No praise nor hate. I got the demo on a CD with a magazine, tried it out and though, "Well, this looks kind of cool, but it's BORING, holy shit is it boring." - it was bad.

Later I was told by a friend that, "Yeah, the first area is kind of crap. Once you get past that it's amazing." He lent me his copy. I got past the demo area, yet I still couldn't find anything of value in it. It was just this insanely boring game with bad everything.

Jump ahead 6 or 7 years. I had completely forgotten about having ever played Deus Ex. I had been hearing that it was the best game ever made, so when it popped up on Steam for a dollar or two I bought it. I started it up, recognized nothing and went on my way as though it was my first time. Same shit happened, I thought, "damn, this is horrible." I pressed on anyways. As I got further I started remembering things. I remembered what my friend said about it, so I kept going and I got further than ever before. It didn't get any better.

Funnily enough, I still have it installed and with my save file from a year or so ago. I still plan on getting through it just to see if it ever gets better. Funnier still is whenever I read the complaints people have about the sequel, "Invisible War" it reads like a list of fixes to the brokenness of the original. :P

I haven't tried the sequel yet as I don't like jumping into sequels before I finish the original.

Anyways. Yup. Deus Ex: The best game ever made - and I just can't get into it. "
That's how I probably feel with half-life (one of the best shooters in history, or so a friend says) and bioshock (one of the best games of that year).@sionweeks said:
" GTA IV and I stopped playing Far Cry 2 because it got frustrating.  The rest of my games I finish. "
I admire your persistence.
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Hahaha... oh my. My list would rack up into about 70 or 80 games. I have a really bad habit of not completing them. I got assassins creed 2 last week and have hardly played it already.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By angelkanarias
@CornontheCobbe said:
" Hahaha... oh my. My list would rack up into about 70 or 80 games. I have a really bad habit of not completing them. I got assassins creed 2 last week and have hardly played it already. "
Well, here I mainly have next-gen games, I didn't really mention old games from my PS2, PC or Gamecube. Assassins Creed seems like a game fit to be unfinished, unless they have fixed the repetitive gameplay.
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CornontheCobbe
@angelkanarias: Oh yeah same! I just mentioned my XBox really, but i think i have a hell of a lot of PS2, N64, PC, Dreamcast, SNES, Wii and PsP games that i have never finished also.

Your list looks rather similiar to games i have not completed yet! 
Bioshock, Mass Effect (Played for literally 2 hours and stopped), Half-Life (1 & 2), Borderlands, GTA4 (I have completed most of it.), Far Cry 2, Crysis (Havent even taken it out of it's original plastic wrapping yet - so technically haven't even Played it yet.) 

Some others i have not completed to name a few are; 
  •  Gears Of War 1 & 2
  • Fable 2
  • Crackdown
  • Halo 3
  • Saint's Row 2
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Dead Rising
  • Command & Conquer 3
  • Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • The whole Orange Box
  • Unreal Tournament 4
  • World in Conflict
  • Supreme Commander
But just to name a few!
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By angelkanarias
@CornontheCobbe said:
" @angelkanarias: Oh yeah same! I just mentioned my XBox really, but i think i have a hell of a lot of PS2, N64, PC, Dreamcast, SNES, Wii and PsP games that i have never finished also.

Your list looks rather similiar to games i have not completed yet! 
Bioshock, Mass Effect (Played for literally 2 hours and stopped), Half-Life (1 & 2), Borderlands, GTA4 (I have completed most of it.), Far Cry 2, Crysis (Havent even taken it out of it's original plastic wrapping yet - so technically haven't even Played it yet.) 

Some others i have not completed to name a few are; 
  •  Gears Of War 1 & 2
  • Fable 2
  • Crackdown
  • Halo 3
  • Saint's Row 2
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Dead Rising
  • Command & Conquer 3
  • Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • The whole Orange Box
  • Unreal Tournament 4
  • World in Conflict
  • Supreme Commander
But just to name a few! "
Left 4 Dead is an onlinish sort of game, so I forgive you ;) And I never finished World in Conflict, I just played online 24/7, great game. You should really play the orange box and half-life 2, I liked those pretty much.
cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cstrang
  • 'Splosion Man
That's the only one I can think of.
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By angelkanarias
@cstrang said:
"
  • 'Splosion Man
That's the only one I can think of. "
that's quite a short list. ;)
clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By clubsandwich

GTA: San Andreas, the "gangsta" theme killed it for me.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cstrang
@angelkanarias: I have a compulsion to finish games before I move on to the next, even with horrible games.  It's gotten me in trouble before, most notably around Christmas time when I was younger.
thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By thatfrood

Starcraft: Brood War - Oh God, don't look at me. I am so ashamed of this. I played Starcraft so much and I never even bothered to complete the campaign in the expansion. I am such a failure.
System Shock - I dunno, good game I guess but... it just wasn't... fun. The shooting kind of sucked. It was just not fun to play. After awhile I just stopped. If they could integrate Bioshock's playability with System Shock's story then I think it would be fantastic.
Most of the Myst games - Yeah, at several points in the games I just said to myself "screw it, I'll do this later, I've got other games to play"
Black and White - I'm so freaking close to beating this game but at the very end it just gets piss impossible and I had a bitch of a time with it, so I stopped.
Oblivion - Bored the shit out of me, nowhere near as good of an environment/story as Morrowind. Just forgot about it.

fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By fuzzyponken
@clubsandwich said:
" GTA: San Andreas, the "gangsta" theme killed it for me. "
That's racist. 
Siris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Siris

I say, meh. If the game didn't grab you enough to hold you to the finish.. then its not a very good game, and you should probably just do other things that are more productive.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Kiemoe

I feel the same way about Half- Life. I'm pretty pumped to play Black Mesa

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a heavy list dude

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By angelkanarias
@cstrang said:
" @angelkanarias: I have a compulsion to finish games before I move on to the next, even with horrible games.  It's gotten me in trouble before, most notably around Christmas time when I was younger. "
lol. At least you take advantage of every penny the game cost you. 

@ThatFrood
said:
" Oblivion - Bored the shit out of me, nowhere near as good of an environment/story as Morrowind. Just forgot about it. "
I remember a friend borrowed me oblivion, I didn't even do a serious quest before throwing it away. 

@fuzzyponken
said:
" @clubsandwich said:
" GTA: San Andreas, the "gangsta" theme killed it for me. "
That's racist.  "
lol 

@Siris
said:
" I say, meh. If the game didn't grab you enough to hold you to the finish.. then its not a very good game, and you should probably just do other things that are more productive. "
I should really follow this advice, I just don't understand sometimes why everyone but me loves a specific game. 

@Kiemoe said:
" I feel the same way about Half- Life. I'm pretty pumped to play Black Mesa "
that game seems to be the ultimate salvation. It looks damn awesome with the source engine. And the best part is that it will be free :) 

@addictedtopinescent
said:
" That's a heavy list dude "
I know, that's why I feel ashamed about it.