Avatar image for tylerdurden1681
tylerdurden1681

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By tylerdurden1681

Not convinced this is going to be a great new mode.  But at least they are trying to give us something besides plain versus.
Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#102  Edited By Kyle

Yeah, I don't really know what to think about the Scavenge mode. It doesn't sound that great, but I'm already totally stoked for this game so I don't care. More modes can only be a good thing.

N2NOther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By N2NOther

If this wasn't coming out a week after Modern Warfare 2 I would buy it.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I haven't finished the first one yet!  If the price is right, I'll bite.

Dastan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By Dastan

Guys, the game is 25 bucks if you get a 4-pack from Steam, if you've really played L4D it's impossible not to find at least 3 more friends that want to get it. It's half the price of a normal PC game so what's this full price bullshit? Even a single copy is only 34 bucks so what the hell? If you think of the hundreds of hours this will bring, 34 is pretty darn cheap and really great value out of the box.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#106  Edited By MeatSim

I don't even wanna know what the price of a tank a gas is during the zombie apocalypse.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Godwind
@SilenceUK said:
" i dont get why ppl are so pissed about it coming out so soon after the first one i mean you all buy madden each year and that has less of an upgrade than this   "
Not all of us buy "madden" every year.  In fact some of us are pissed at EA holding the NFL license.  There happens to be a demand expected from High Quality developers like Valve.
Bov11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#108  Edited By Bov11

hmm..nice enviromental touches...suspenseful piano music...flickering lights....OMG CROWBARZ!!!
DVious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By DVious

Valve will not disappoint! Arguably, they never have. The real kicker for me are the new campaigns and AI director. I love the first one because it's never really the same game twice and the difficulty settings really change the pace based on your mood and play-style. My wife (who has never tried an FPS in her life) is really into the game too. She's quite addicted actually and that raises my love for the game even higher.

This is a day one purchase for us.

Dexter345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By Dexter345

That video for Scavenge does a lot more for its case than descriptions do.  Perhaps it's the tense music.

The Infected team was really dropping the ball on it, though.  That one guy was across the map from the other Survivors the entire time and didn't so much as see any Special Infected, save for the Charger that missed his opportunity for an easy incap.

limewizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#111  Edited By limewizard

Huh, nice to see the ol' crowbar getting thrown in there. A possible test at some new physcics in the Source Engine? (hint HLEP3)

thegriefer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By thegriefer

looks good ill buy this when i get bored of mw2.

Fritzerbacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Fritzerbacon
@thegriefer said:
" looks good ill buy this when i get bored of mw2. "
Lol if i could ever get bored of MW2!
Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

#114  Edited By Savage
@Dastan said:
" Guys, the game is 25 bucks if you get a 4-pack from Steam, if you've really played L4D it's impossible not to find at least 3 more friends that want to get it. It's half the price of a normal PC game so what's this full price bullshit? Even a single copy is only 34 bucks so what the hell? If you think of the hundreds of hours this will bring, 34 is pretty darn cheap and really great value out of the box. "
Actually, it's $34 each if you split a pre-ordered 4-pack ($134.99), and $45 for a single copy pre-ordered.  Good prices, nonetheless.
StarFry64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By StarFry64
@Fritzerbacon said:
" @thegriefer said:
Lol if i could ever get bored of MW2! "
Modern Warfare 2 looks boring to begin with.
Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Cross

The people in the video don't know teamwork for shit.

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By unclejohnny79

sounds great 

Corvall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Corvall

I'll be getting this game as soon as I can.  I've had a ton of fun with L4D and I expect to do the same with L4D2.  Why people seem to feel entitled to get stuff for free all the time is beyond me.

Dastan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Dastan
@Savage: 

So they finally did it, Steam finally aligned European prices to US prices.  In Europe it's 102 Euros for the 4-pack, that's 25.5 euros each and 34 euros for a single copy.

Like any person that knows how Steam has been operating for years now, I thought the game would be equally price regardless of the euro/US dollar actual exchange rate.

Major kudos to Valve for finally figuring out that 1USD does not equal 1 Euro.
Seabread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Seabread
@Chainblast: actually, valve already explained the one year dev cycle whereby as soon as they were done with L4D the entire dev crew wanted to go back, tweak, add and perfect certain elements and ideas that came about too late to make the first game (valve have a policy of allowing their guys to do pretty much whatever they want - they wanted more L4D). it's totally feasible everything in L4D2 was thought up and produced in a year, therefore not held back in order to squeeze the pennies out of you. what, you want all this stuff for free? it'd only be possible on pc - it still is really. but due to microsoft's policies regarding patches and DLC 360 owners would have to buy the new game mode, the new levels, the new characters, the new infected, the new weapons, the new ammo, etc. it'd lead to imbalance issues if gamers were picking and chosing which upgrades to purchase and, ultimately, ruin the game.
I should imagine it's only people like myself who, still enjoying playing L4D a year after buying it, will be inclined to buy 2 when it comes out. frankly i'm glad that's the case, it'll mean less quitters, less TK's, less "server shutting down" bollocks and more fun fun FUN!

@skaune: u hate the characters? they're just sprites for god's sake. it's like saying you hate yourself and the people you play with - that's who is ultimately running around the zombie apocalypse - not the characters. reminds me of the first time a friend of mine played the first game. How's this for a definition of irony? He refused to play as Bill "i hate grizzled, veteran types". He refused to play as Francis "He looks like a racist". He refused to play as Zoey "I'm not playing as a girl". So he chose Louis. Seeing as this is a FPS and he can,
therefore, only look at the characters he decided he didn't want to be based entirely on their physical appearance, i find this hilarious!
Fritzerbacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Fritzerbacon
@StarFry64 said:
" @Fritzerbacon said:
" @thegriefer said:
Lol if i could ever get bored of MW2! "
Modern Warfare 2 looks boring to begin with. "
I know some guys who would flip out at you for saying that... but i just say each to his own. If your not into that, then your just not into that. But you will be missing out.
Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#122  Edited By Belonpopo

I think they are going to add more DLC to this one more than the first. This one will most likely fix all the problems that the first L4D had. I hope this one has a 18 to 24 life span I mean thats what Halo does and each game gets better and better.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#123  Edited By BawlZINmotion
@Seabread: Given Valve's nature, I have a hard time believing it only took them a year, though I'll have to play through the game to make a sound judgement. However it doesn't really matter, I'm not one of those people whining about it. Even though it might sound like that. Three friends and I just took advantage of the 4 pack offer (do it if you haven't)on Steam. I stand buy everything I said as mostly explanation rather than personal opinion. I played the original more than any other game since release and still do.
Gomalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Gomalt

To those who shun it - I feel sorry for you. I've played it 3 times now, and it's 200% better than the old one. It's totally worth it. 

Sorry you feel so strongly and opinionated against it. It's only a matter of time after release that you'll get jealous of everyone else playing it, and HAVE to join it :P
If you're a fan of L4D1, there's no reason (unless you're really that much of an arrogant douche) to NOT get it, or at least want to get it. The 1st one is great, of course - but this is better in nearly every way and does it ALOT of justice by showing how much more you can do with the franchise. 

Anyways - long story short, it's worth it. If you don't think so, I'm quite honest you've got no idea what you're talking about (or at least you don't yet understand what you'll be missing).

Seabread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Seabread
@Chainblast: i took advantage of a weekend price-cut for L4D on steam so i could start making mods but only ever play in on XBL as that's my prefered platform - all my mates have an Xbox and none have a pc capable of running L4D. if you're still playing L4D more than any other game then why hate on the sequel? there's nothing stopping you from going back to L4D especially if you have friends and play on pc. i can understand Xbox owners being concerned about server shut-downs and no more expansions but pc owners dont have this excuse. mods are readily available already and most are really, REALLY good - better than the 'original' levels a lot of the time. There is no way to tell when Valve took the decision to make L4D2 or what might have been originally planned as expansion material being held back for the sequel. Personally, and i emailed Valve about this when they first announced the sequel (apparently they wanted feedback), i thought they should do what RockBand did and release a code that allowed exporting of the original levels for use with the sequel's code - director, special infected et al. this would have reduced the number of gripers i'm sure, guaranteeing sales of the new game and letting gamers comtinue to play the original with all the bells and whistles of the new release. i'm looking forward to the preview night on tuesday, if you havn't got it preordered already you should as the code comes free and no downpayment is necessary meaning you dont even have to buy it if you dont want to.
BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#126  Edited By BawlZINmotion
@Seabread:  I'm not trying to hate on L4D, or Valve. I love both and with out them PC gaming would be, well, in a different space. I was just trying to illustrate why there are a lot of people who feel negatively about the whole topic. I don't agree with excuses being made on Valve's behalf, but as I said in one of my comments on this post, I don't care. I'll gladly fork over the coin because I think it is worth it. In fact, I already have.