New MMO idea Zombie Apocolypse

Antipunk217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Antipunk217

I have been thinking of a new MMO. I got the idea while thinking about the movie "I am Legend." An MMO which is based largely on player housing. During the day players would have to prepare themselves for the night when the zombies would attack. The game would be one big city and all buildings could be potential safe houses, but it would be up to players to build defenses including traps, reinforced walls, bars on windows and so on to protect themselves during the night (when the enemies come out) The player would loot and scavenge for items during the day at first, but then get better items at night (but of course more dangerous). Dungeons would be the nesting grounds of the zombies or whatever they are. So, part base builder, part RPG.
This would work well as a single player game too. The days should be monitored and the more time that goes by the more enemies exist and the harder it gets, so you have to continuously be working on your home to make it safe or moving to safer locations.
If there is anyone listening, take this jumbled mess of notes and make an awesome game!

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Alex_V

Decent idea.

I think the potential pitfall with games which have such clear phases, is that if one is less fun than the other it can all get very frustrating.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Pie

I posted about an idea about this a while ago. Sounds like a cross between last stand2 and urban dead (last stand is a popular flash game and urban dead is a text based mmo browser game Where you can play as zombies or humans and you can barricade yourself in buildings with other people and join varuios clans)

Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By optimusprime223

I think your thinking of Dungeon Keeper but with zombies, its an interesting Idea. If had in weather effects so that if it gets really dark and cloudy during the day you get rain but also the zombies coming  out it could actually work I think. Would probably work better as a single player game though, unless you did a Left4dead and had special zombies and maybe two retail packs, one where you played as the survivors and one where you played as the zombies...

Avatar image for luckywanderdude
LuckyWanderDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By LuckyWanderDude

This idea has been thought of billions of times. We don't need to hear it again!

dillfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By dillfr

I think its a great idea if u did this i would play it

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Luke

I think this is the only MMO that could possibly take-down WoW :p

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

dillfr said:
"I think its a great idea if u did this i would play it "
You sound like a guy that just posted...Nah, there are no liars on the internet.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By End_Boss

Although our ideas are vastly different, I had my own take on a zombie apocalypse game trundling around my brain just this morning.
Weird.