Nintendo should really make New Super Mario WORLD!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-15136
deactivated-15136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By deactivated-15136

Ok really.  As good as New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy were, they really don't compare to SMB3 and Super Mario World.  I say this not because I'm feeling "nostalgic" about playing those old games when I was a kid, but because it's the truth.  

So I've decided that Nintendo really needs to make a New Super Mario World 2d sidescroller, (and yes I've seen the new 4 player mario game coming out, it doesn't count)  This needs to be a classic single player game with new ideas thrown in.  I would love to see classic power-ups from the old games mixed together, think frog suit and the cape in the same game with a new power-up thrown in.  Also they have to include Yoshi.   Maybe give yoshi the ability to get power-ups, kinda like the shells from SMW but different powers.

What does everyone think?  New ideas?  Is this the worst/best idea ever? 

ETA: 
Also they really need to get rid of Bowser Jr.  That is the worst character ever.  They should bring back Bowser's 7 kids.

deactivated-15136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deactivated-15136
@rectum_abominae: 
To me it felt like some weird combination of SMB1, SMB2 and Mario vs. Donkey Kong.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ryanwho

Well considering this game was clearly an omage to Mario 3 and 2(mostly 3) Im sure they plan on doing a Mario World esc game to follow up.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Willy105

You are going to be really excited when New Super Mario Bros. Wii comes out, since that is a new Super Mario World.

deactivated-15136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-15136
@rectum_abominae said:

" Are you sure it was an homage to 3?  Where's the suits?  Angry sun?  Bowser kids?   "

Yeah, the only thing that it really took from 3 was the world map.  They did a really crappy job with the world map too. 
Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Andorski

You can't improve upon perfection.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deactivated-15136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-15136
@Al3xand3r: 
Wow, i guess i was oblivous to the awesomeness of that.  I didn't realize they had released all that footage.  From what I'd seen it looked pretty lame but this looks really good.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

Looks like it counts for the OP's needs (given his reaction) with the Koopa Kids and everything so... I don't care about you :-)

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By toowalrus

I was freaking out when I heard the announcement for New Super Mario Bros. Wii. (Because I thought I heard New Super Mario Bros. THREE) THATS what we need.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By CaptainObvious

I want new Paper Mario. This time with turn based battles and all that good stuff.

deactivated-15136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CaptainObvious said:
" I want new Paper Mario. This time with turn based battles and all that good stuff. "
I approve this
megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 29

#13  Edited By megalowho
@rectum_abominae said:
" @Al3xand3r: This doesn't count. "
If Nintendo decided to call it New Super Mario World (amazing title) insteand of New Super Mario Bros. Wii (bleh) then it would ;) it's basically that from what I can tell, minus the classic powerups.
jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#14  Edited By jacksukeru

Most of all, I want a 3D mario game that have powerups that carry over from one world to the next. 
The energy system is alright, I liked it in GALAXY when you only had three hits instead of the six that you had in Mario 64 and Sunshine.
But I still want it to go back to: You go through a level, you find a powerup, it makes it easier but it isn't neccesary, you keep it until you get hit. 
I was stoked about Fire Mario returning in GALAXY,but then I learned it was a timed powerup :( 

Ah well, NSMBW looks good, only problem is I don't know anyone that is any good at Mario.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By TheHBK

The game feels like a continuation of the first game, the feel but with concepts from 3 like the suits.  The music in the trailers makes you think as much.  But super mario world was not just about power ups, the exploration, trying a level many times to find the secret exit.  The over world was a big part of the game.  Same with SMB3.  Where is yoshi?  But I dont think a game like that would work.  How many of us can now finish most SMW levels because we became proficient with the cape?  Yeah, it is really tempting to finish a level like that.  What I want is a 2d High res Super Mario World 2.  I fucking hated Yoshi's Island...

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Willy105

@Andorski said:

" You can't improve upon perfection. "

You can if you make more of it.

@TooWalrus said:

" I was freaking out when I heard the announcement for New Super Mario Bros. Wii. (Because I thought I heard New Super Mario Bros. THREE) THATS what we need. "

This is what it is. A game like 3 and World.

@rectum_abominae said:

" Are you sure it was an homage to 3?  Where's the suits?  Angry sun?  Bowser kids?   "

The suits.
 The suits.
The Angry Sun was already in the DS version. And the Bowser Kids are bosses in this game.