No Chromecast Support?

ihaveasteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I used to be able to stream directly from my phone to my TV using my chromecast. Then a few months ago it said it is not supported by the site. Why does Giantbomb not allow this? If this is already been asked I apologize but I just want to know.

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not just use youtube? All their free videos are on there, as far as I know.

megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By megalowho

The Giant Bomb Video Buddy on iOS and Luchadeer app on Android have Chromecast capabilities as well.

ihaveasteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should clarify I'm looking to stream subscriber content. I know I can stream the basic stuff from YouTube but UPF was/is great on the big screen, and not the best on my tiny phone screen.

Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@ihaveasteak: The Video Buddy does allow subscriber content to stream on iOS. Can't comment on anything Android related, but it works great on iOS.

wonderva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wonderva
@guerrilla_mason said:

@ihaveasteak: The Video Buddy does allow subscriber content to stream on iOS. Can't comment on anything Android related, but it works great on iOS.

Question about this, I've got an iPad and iPhone with Apple TV, so I can stream live subscriber content (UPF for example) to my TV, but it stutters/buffers quite a bit (but theres no stuttering when watching on the device alone). How fast is your internet connection if you don't mind saying, cause I have 12 Mbps down, and I am wondering how fast you need to be able to stream live content to your TV

EDIT: Didn't notice you were talking about the Video Buddy, which probably means non live streamed content.

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@guerrilla_mason: Works great on android as well! It's really a terrific app.

Also, no, it doesn't support livestreams. Too bad the Twitch days are over.

joker2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By joker2k3

I love the Giant Bomb Video Buddy app on both Android and iOS. All I need now is the ability to stream UPF live. Right now I hook my laptop to my tv via HDMI, which works fine but its a pain to move it around.

Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@wonderva: This may be moot now since you were wondering on live stuff, but I could only WISH for internet as fast as yours. Mine is currently 3 down, and I can only stream live stuff if I wait about 30 minutes and 'catch up' in SD. But yeah, Video Buddy is archived only, and, like i said earlier, works great even with my shoddy internet.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm going to buy a chromecast so I can look into this.

Will get back to you, and see what I can do.

Thanks for reporting.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I've recently purchase a Chromecast and the Giant Bomb video buddy is the best way to stream premium content. It's pretty awesome :)

Brinstil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I still don't see a way to cast live premium content from my phone. Is there still no chromecast support?

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brinstil: Hey there. We don't *not* support chrome-cast, just haven't gotten to test it much specifically. You can always try out the Giantbomb Video Buddy app, which tends to work with Chromecast.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use Plex and route GB through that. Just set it up as a channel, feed it your API key and you're good to go. I'm not sure I'd suggest it purely for GB content, but as I was already using Plex to handle all my Movies/TV/Music, adding GB as a channel was pretty seamless.

mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

In my experience I've found that tabcasting the Livestream works quite well, but I'm on crazy fast university internet so that might not be a very realistic setup. You could also use the GB Plex channel and stream to chromecast using that or go the way of the apps.

DASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm using an app called Video & TV cast on my iPhone. You have to pay for most features, which I did (around $10). But it works perfectly with my chromecast. I can stream most online videos from any website, which includes GB live streams and premium content.

I know people might be reluctant to spend money, and there was a free version (I don't know what you get in the free version) But this app has been pretty reliable for me so I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to stream from an iOS device to a chromcast. Only complaint would be that the UI is a little clunky.

Brinstil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@jslack: The Giantbomb Video Buddy works great for streaming archived content, but it doesn't stream live stuff. I'm specifically referring to casting premium livestreams (since non-subscriber livestreams I can just cast from twitch if need be).

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For that I play the video in chrome on my nexus 6 and use the screen mirroring on the phone to the Chromecast.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brinstil: Ya I definitely want us to make our live streaming stuff more accessible. Hope we can for the future.