• 66 results
AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

people bashing mmorpg suck on console cause of the many abilities and icons and inputs. saying it is better on keybaord cause many button and inputs. well thats just stereotype.

and that is why dc universe getting negative view. that is stereotype that mmorpg suck on console.

ofcourse if a mmorpg is made for console, they will make it so that it will fit the platform. its like japanese anime, dub will always have extra tweaks to fit the line and english structure. sometimes dub must add something extra to fill the gap cause english and japanes is different language. dub will try best to be as near translation as japanese. same goes to mmorpg on console. some people just pee their pants before drinking 4 gallons of orange juice in a day.

plus dc universe is priorty on ps3 than pc. so dc universe is safe to say a full fledge console title mmorpg and everything is bult absolute for effectiveness on console .

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Brians

Entirely friendly advice, I'd edit your post.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MysteriousBob

This post is giving me a headache.

beef_melody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By beef_melody

This thread is sure going places

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Three0neFive

Suck my console.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spoonman671

Okay, here are my two favorite quotes:

"cause english and japanes is different language"

"some people just pee their pants before drinking 4 gallons of orange juice in a day."

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Lemoncookie01

This post almost makes no sense.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By animateria
@Briguile said:
" Entirely friendly advice, I'd edit your post. "
Yup. I agree with this guy.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By mike

Leave the dude alone, English probably isn't his first language. Stop being dicks, please.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MysteriousBob
@Spoonman671 said:

" Okay, here are my two favorite quotes:  "cause english and japanes is different language"  "some people just pee their pants before drinking 4 gallons of orange juice in a day." "

"saying it is better on keybaord cause many button and inputs"  
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

What?...
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Brians
@MB:  I agree, especially about English possibly being a second language which is why I politely suggested reviewing his post.
ebritt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ebritt
@AnnouncerGXZ said:
 some people just pee their pants before drinking 4 gallons of orange juice in a day.   
This
Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Raymayne
@ebritt said:
" @AnnouncerGXZ said:
 some people just pee their pants before drinking 4 gallons of orange juice in a day.   
This "
floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By floodiastus
@MB said:
" Leave the dude alone, English probably isn't his first language. Stop being dicks, please. "
English isn't my first language either, still.... this is just ridiculously bad :)
mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By mrfizzy
@Three0neFive said:
" Suck my console. "
This, and well played sir. 
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BraveToaster

Hell yeah bro, preach!!!!

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dillonwerner
@Axxol said:
" Hell yeah bro, preach!!!! "
PATERSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PATERSON

So this topic has turned into a bashing? I personally see your points but I must say I find an MMO easier to play with a mouse and keyboard.

I think the juice statement he is trying to make is like judging a book by its cover, well among those lines.

Also yes, his English is bad, but come on guys it's easy enough to read. If you can't read it without it blowing your mind then you need to go back to English class too.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fallen189

You should all feel pretty good about alienating some dude because of some complex. Well done on being a bunch of dicks.

I think console MMO's are hard to work. The breadth of combat abilities pretty much demand multi key input that only a keyboard can give

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Bones8677

To add to the OP I think console MMOs will be the future. It wouldn't be very hard at all as consoles already have a USB port, which means you could hook a keyboard to it. Thus eliminating any barrier between PC and consoles. 

Which is why I find it silly when an MMO developer says they'd have to program the game to run on a controller for consoles. No you don't, just tell us to get a USB keyboard and we'll be good to go. 

The technology exists now!

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Arbie
I think you're right in saying it's wrong to just presume an mmorpg won't work on a console. You're comparison to anime was also quite nice. Sometimes I guess people aren't open to trial and error! It would be interesting to see how the developers would make so many different abilities accessible as on PC.

Oh, and yeah maybe this guys English isn't incredible but maybe you should question your own English skills if you can't work out what he is trying to get across.

@MB: <3
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By penguindust

I don't think we've seen a proper MMO built with consoles in mind yet so it's difficult to say how enjoyable one might be.  Phantasy Star is more of a hub world game and FFXI was made for the PC first.  Sadly, Microsoft keeps killing or stalling all of its attempts at an MMO, but perhaps PS3 will succeed with FFIV, The Agency and the above mentioned DC Online.  Until one shows up, I can't say either way whether the adoption of the genre by consoles is effective.  The first thing a game designer would need to do is get rid of the EQ/WOW template for combat.  Go with something straight up action like Mass Effect 2, InFamous and Ninja Gaiden, all of which had some sort of leveling involved in their skill structure. 

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By DarkShaper

I think we just need to see a MMO made for consoles (that doesn't suck) before it becomes a popular thing to do.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ninjakiller

Ok fine, the DC mmo might have been designed specifically for the PS3, but if you play a MMO on a console you're still a fucking loser.  Be a man and play them on the pc like god and nature intended.  

doejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By doejonathan

I guess I should start with a warning stating that English isn't my first language, as dick-season seems to have started early this year.  

What I don't understand is how MMO's and keystrokes-per-minute became synonymous. It seems to stem from the days of D&D where spells where canceled with spells that would cancel the cancel-spells. All of this being translated directly to a keyboard making an MMO's gameplay feel like The Typing Of The Dead.  The MMO as a genre is one of the most stale and uninspired branches in the videogame industry. While seemingly more straightforward outlets like First Person Shooters have shown in this generation alone, what can be done in terms of immersion, storytelling and most importantly gameplay, the MMO drivels on with an army of PC gamers laughing at the console-gamers as they show of their constant hardware upgrading, yet playing the same goddamn games for the past 20 years which on their own could just as well be done with paper and pencil. (I still consider myself both a PC- and console gamer, again with the disclaimers on this site...) 

I've been playing quite a lot of Demon's Souls lately, with it's simple shield/sword = left button/right button configuration, it blew me away at how exhilarating the PvP was. I guess time will tell with games like Final Fantasy XIV how this generation of console will react to MMORPG's. But like I said earlier, I believe a breath of fresh air originality wise is what I'm craving for the most in the MMO industry. Perhaps a reenactment of a war for the next COD spanning over three years, I'm just throwing it out there.  

mrariscottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mrariscottle

I can see someone making a console MMORPG that works sometime in the future. PS3 does have mouse and keyboard support?

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DrPockets000

I could never get into MMOs.  It's not even a PC vs. Console thing.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#29  Edited By beargirl1

aren't most MMOs for consoles made for the PC first, then ported to the consoles?  

if i heard correctly, wasn't that new FFXIV PS3 MMO built for the PS3? in that case, there could be hope 

Frostler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Frostler

MMOs for PC is better in my opinion because all the abilities and things you have to do, then again if it was like AoC type fighting with combos instead of ability buttons that could work better. I guess if it was built up the right way it might work.

Avatar image for griefersstolemykeyboard
griefersstolemykeyboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Unless you want your mmo to be the dumbest thing ever, aka having like 4 abilities, or just making combat extremely slow paced so that you can click thru a menu. (Which I don't see any Halo people doing) then no, controllers are not a good fit for MMO's atleast traditional ones.

Glak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Glak

Consoles simply don't have enough buttons to compensate for all the different abilities and skills a good MMO should have
Although you should try to edit your post, I got a headache trying to decipher what you wrote

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By c1337us

I think I get what your trying to say. I would say that an MMO like some other genres are definitely suited to the PC rather then console. However that doesn't mean they can't work.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kazona

People are always negative about new things until someone proves that it can work. I don't know how anyone could make an MMO work on consoles, but I'm sure someone will figure it out eventually. 

Also, ignore the dicks making fun of your language skills. I bet almost none of them would even understand more than ten words of your language.

mexicanhatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mexicanhatboy

I think OP raises a valid point. The trick would (I guess) be to make an MMORPG exclusively for consoles, which plays to the strengths of the system it's released on. It's probably pretty difficult to make one that satisfies the demographic that plays them on PC, but maybe someone who mainly plays console games would be looking for a different experience anyway. I don't know much about the development of DC Universe Online though, and it seems like they could easily drop the ball on either platform by focusing on one or the other too much.  

As for the people bashing the guy, think about how difficult it would be for people who primarily speak English if Chinese had evolved as the main language of the internet. Food for thought.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36  Edited By Bennyishere

I think a console MMO could work. If you make a big deal out of contextualized menus and such you can have a lot of functions assigned to each button. I. E. RB+B having different functions than RT+B and B, and even more functions when hovering over an object. But I know I would probably not buy one since MMO's have zero appeal to me.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mrnitropb
@doejonathan said:

" I guess I should start with a warning stating that English isn't my first language, as dick-season seems to have started early this year.  

What I don't understand is how MMO's and keystrokes-per-minute became synonymous. It seems to stem from the days of D&D where spells where canceled with spells that would cancel the cancel-spells. All of this being translated directly to a keyboard making an MMO's gameplay feel like The Typing Of The Dead.  The MMO as a genre is one of the most stale and uninspired branches in the videogame industry. While seemingly more straightforward outlets like First Person Shooters have shown in this generation alone, what can be done in terms of immersion, storytelling and most importantly gameplay, the MMO drivels on with an army of PC gamers laughing at the console-gamers as they show of their constant hardware upgrading, yet playing the same goddamn games for the past 20 years which on their own could just as well be done with paper and pencil. (I still consider myself both a PC- and console gamer, again with the disclaimers on this site...)  I've been playing quite a lot of Demon's Souls lately, with it's simple shield/sword = left button/right button configuration, it blew me away at how exhilarating the PvP was. I guess time will tell with games like Final Fantasy XIV how this generation of console will react to MMORPG's. But like I said earlier, I believe a breath of fresh air originality wise is what I'm craving for the most in the MMO industry. Perhaps a reenactment of a war for the next COD spanning over three years, I'm just throwing it out there.   "

The APM idea behind WOW at elast ties very heavily into the fact that Starcraft and Warcraft 3 were the basis for their MMORPG design. I've never touched WOW, but watching videos of people playing, the action looks about as fun as re-taking Accounting 202. There is so much shit going on in the HUD that my mind boggles. Its boggled. So.much.math....

But then I sit and play Mass Effec1/2, and its a goddamned blast with a controllers. to be fair it is a shooter genre as much as it is an RPG, but it still works. So lets take another example. Oblivion. People spend decades playing this game, doing everything with every type of character possible. With a controller. The GUI is relatively clean, the hacking and slashin work well. Add muliplayer and i don't see what the problem is. If you want to chat, use a head set, or get the messenger keypad for the Xbox.

Oh and obviously you have to pee before you drink that much juice, otherwise there is no room.

EDIT: Oh shit I hit 1000!
voodooterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By voodooterror

a console mmo could work, but it would have to be developed purely for a console! 
if it was to be released on pc as well, the console input method would limit the mmo compared to other pc ones such as wow

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#39  Edited By mike
@Erzs said:

Oh, and yeah maybe this guys English isn't incredible but maybe you should question your own English skills if you can't work out what he is trying to get across.

Totally.

@Fallen189 said:

" You should all feel pretty good about alienating some dude because of some complex. Well done on being a bunch of dicks.  I think console MMO's are hard to work. The breadth of combat abilities pretty much demand multi key input that only a keyboard can give "

That's the way I always saw it - unless it was an MMO on the simpler side of the spectrum such as City of Heroes, I just don't see how it could work well. Man, I remember way back when Star Wars Galaxies was supposed to be released on Xbox. What a disaster that would have been.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that people managed to salvage this thread from the bowels of douchebaggery and into something actually constructive.
wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#40  Edited By wrathofconn
@PATERSON said:
" Also yes, his English is bad, but come on guys it's easy enough to read. If you can't read it without it blowing your mind then you need to go back to English class too. "
This, assholes.

I haven't played a console MMO yet, but I'll most likely be buying FFXIV for the PS3 so we'll see how that works. I have a feeling it won't be a huge issue. I don't think it's a huge chore to hold down a trigger or shoulder button to get a different layer of the palette, for example.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Diamond

Just make it so people play it with a keyboard...  USB keyboards already work on PS3 and 360, and MMOs or semi-MMOs have come out that support them.

Make it so you have to go through 3 menus on a gamepad but it's a single button on a keyboard.  It's not so hard.  Maybe even support the chatpad on 360...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#42  Edited By Yummylee

I always look forward to your latest threads, Announcer. ^^

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By dbz1995

I've never played a console MMORPG. DC Universe or FFXIV may be the exception; however, I am not going to do anything with a monthly subscription.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#44  Edited By 234r2we232
@MB said:
" Leave the dude alone, English probably isn't his first language. Stop being dicks, please. "
But... <> bro
mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mosdl
@Bones8677 said:
" To add to the OP I think console MMOs will be the future. It wouldn't be very hard at all as consoles already have a USB port, which means you could hook a keyboard to it. Thus eliminating any barrier between PC and consoles.   Which is why I find it silly when an MMO developer says they'd have to program the game to run on a controller for consoles. No you don't, just tell us to get a USB keyboard and we'll be good to go.   The technology exists now! "
Most people I dare say have there consoles more than an arms reach away from where they sit.  What you probably want are wireless keyboards when it comes to consoles.

Or buy that keyboard ps3 controller attachment :)
PATERSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PATERSON
@Erzs said:

you should question your own English skills if you can't work out what he is trying to get across.

Exactly what I said :)
Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By Faint
@Three0neFive said:
" Suck my console. "
this.
Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Arbie
@PATERSON said:
" @Erzs said:

you should question your own English skills if you can't work out what he is trying to get across.

Exactly what I said :) "

That's because you're a vampire and vampires can read minds and know lots of stuff!
PATERSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PATERSON
@Erzs: 
Vampires can read minds??? O.o
Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Arbie
@PATERSON: You should know this, Edward. It is one of the reasons you fell in love with Bella.