Avatar image for thephantomstranger
ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@Toxeia said:

I wouldn't buy anything from someone who would dare daisy chain power strips.

Clearly the money will go towards installing fancy new outlets...

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#52  Edited By BeachThunder

@TehFlan said:

We should start a kickstarter or something.

@DonutFever said:

Someone should start a Kickstarter to buy it.

:D yes, this must be done :o

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By dillonwerner

I wonder how much he paid for all of it

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By iam3green

yeah, i saw this somewhere. pretty crazy. i don't have $1.2 million to spend. if i had money to blow then i would totally buy it.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Face it, a rich person is not gonna want to buy this

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ShaggE

Better get cracking at the Diablo 3 RMAH. Anyone want a leather cuirass? Chipped amethyst? Only 1.2 mill!

DyranLK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By DyranLK

Now that is patient preservation at its very (very) finest.

I mean, of course, it's got nothing on my own 30-strong stash of shamelessly used video game discs and cartridges (Wait, scratch that, I don't own any cartridges.), but it's still an incredibly impressive effort nonetheless.

Props to the seller dude! Although, I wonder who'll eventually end up buyin' it, lol.

ddensel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58  Edited By ddensel

A full set of any console is impressive, let alone super popular systems like the famicom and super famicom.

I wonder if the seller just needs the money, or fell out of love with video games all together.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59  Edited By Seppli

@cmblasko said:

@Hunter5024 said:

I don't understand why someone would sell this. If they were able to buy all of it in the first place they can't be hurting much for money, and if it's something they've been collecting over the course of decades you'd think it has some sentimental value.

Maybe he used to be able to afford to buy tons of games, but is now hurting for money and needs cash? Or maybe it is all taking up too much space and he wants to get rid of it.

I'm sure there are tons of individual games that I would love to own in that collection; too bad it doesn't seem like he wants to sell anything separately.

I bet he's on his last leg, and is about to spend all his cash on liquor and drugs and whores - and goes on an epic bender 'til he's dead.

Party on bro! Fuck 'til ye drop.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Seppli

@ddensel said:

A full set of any console is impressive, let alone super popular systems like the famicom and super famicom.

I wonder if the seller just needs the money, or fell out of love with video games all together.

Anybody is subject to being deathly ill, even videogame collectors.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#61  Edited By Kyle

@Jay444111 said:

You know... it would literally be cheaper to rent out a semi truck, a few plane tickets for people you truly trust and willing to do it. Buying some chloroform to knock the guy out, buy some workman clothing from a costume store and literally just steal everything from the guy... like... 1% of the money really. If I was this guy I would have MASSIVE security if he has a collection like this. Like... I would keep a gun by my bed at all times... even though he is in paris and it is illegal... kinda need a gun when it comes to a collection of this awesomeness.

Besides no one would think that you are stealing things if you do it right. I mean, there IS a buy it now option so that would make it seem like a very easy steal... okay... just to say this so no one thinks I would do this. I have very limited motivation to do such a thing and I don't like hurting people and stealing stuff (I stole tictacs to my brother and I felt guilty about it for a week... yeah, that bad.) However I am just saying that this guy better be careful because his address is RIGHT THERE at the bottom!

So stealing things is cheaper than buying things? Stop the fucking presses.

The thing I always find funny about these enormous collections for sale is that they kind of require a buyer that is A) rich, B) loves collecting games, but C) has made no prior attempt with their richness to assemble any game collection whatsoever. Like a guy just wakes up one day and wants the worlds biggest game collection.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By grilledcheez

Somehow I don't think people collecting video games have that much money

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By DoctorWelch

YO, LETS START A KICKSTARTER!!!

Also, 1.2 Million is way way too much for any collection of video games, even if they are all factory sealed.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By cmblasko

@Seppli:

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By cmblasko

@Kyle said:

@Jay444111 said:

You know... it would literally be cheaper to rent out a semi truck, a few plane tickets for people you truly trust and willing to do it. Buying some chloroform to knock the guy out, buy some workman clothing from a costume store and literally just steal everything from the guy... like... 1% of the money really. If I was this guy I would have MASSIVE security if he has a collection like this. Like... I would keep a gun by my bed at all times... even though he is in paris and it is illegal... kinda need a gun when it comes to a collection of this awesomeness.

Besides no one would think that you are stealing things if you do it right. I mean, there IS a buy it now option so that would make it seem like a very easy steal... okay... just to say this so no one thinks I would do this. I have very limited motivation to do such a thing and I don't like hurting people and stealing stuff (I stole tictacs to my brother and I felt guilty about it for a week... yeah, that bad.) However I am just saying that this guy better be careful because his address is RIGHT THERE at the bottom!

So stealing things is cheaper than buying things? Stop the fucking presses.

The thing I always find funny about these enormous collections for sale is that they kind of require a buyer that is A) rich, B) loves collecting games, but C) has made no prior attempt with their richness to assemble any game collection whatsoever. Like a guy just wakes up one day and wants the worlds biggest game collection.

Or someone - who has enough money to front the investment - thinks they can buy the collection and make a profit by selling the games individually or in sets.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#66  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@Jay444111: Are you saying that the Giant Bomb Community should plan an elaborate, Ocean's Eleven-esque heist?

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jay444111

@ArbitraryWater said:

@Jay444111: Are you saying that the Giant Bomb Community should plan an elaborate, Ocean's Eleven-esque heist?

Well, I think we gossip WAY to much to make this a long lasting plan though. Besides. This is France we are talking about! The most threatening thing possible from there is if the guy has a bat! Just saying that this could very easily be stolen unless the guy has AMAZING security on his building.

If I was a jerkass and didn't mind stealing I would've bought a ticket over to France the very first day. However, due to my guilty conscience and how even the most simple things I accidentely steal sometimes. (Like food from a family member) makes me feel HORRIBLE I would never do this. I am just saying that if I was a criminal that is how I would do it!

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#69  Edited By Morrow

Oh. My. God.

Insane guy is insane.

How the hell did he get his hands on so many games?? And why did he get them in the first place if he never played them (still sealed, wtf?!)?

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By kermoosh

this guy accepts returns, so no worry guys. we'll play everything in a week and return it

Robot_Moses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By Robot_Moses

Christ, that's one hell of a collection. Proper storage and sorting must be a total pain in the ass. 1.2 million dollars seems like an insanely overblown price though, even if this includes weird limited run games and obscure stuff. Those Nintendo World Tournament carts are (some of?) the most valuable games, and they only run for like 15 grand.

richrebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By richrebel

Apparently it has been sold I wonder which bored multi millionaire wanted this so badly he was willing to get the cash up for this

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By Jams

@richrebel said:

Apparently it has been sold I wonder which bored multi millionaire wanted this so badly he was willing to get the cash up for this

Geff Jerstmann

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Jay444111

Damn... it sold for the million Euros... holy shit! ...we must find out which truck it is on!!! ...maybe... yeah... no... dammit! My morality is being fucked over by how utterly insane this is!

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#75  Edited By xymox

Honestly, he probably made so much money on that that he could buy his collection back piece-by-piece after a few years on ebay for a price that's not even close to that. And then he can do it all over again... aawyeah.