buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Edited By buzz_clik
No Caption Provided
For whatever reason (probably the headline), I came up with an idea while watching the video in Ryan's story on a robot playing Pitfall!

Why not make a game that combines Pitfall! and Fallout? They're both open-world games, with our hero braving a harsh landscape looking for stuff to pocket. They both have portions that take place underground. Both games have scorpions, as any good game should. Hell, there's even an expansion for Fallout 3 called The Pitt!

No Caption Provided
Le winner, c'est non? Only one small thing stood between me and this game being made: I can't actually program games. A small hiccup, I know.

What I can do, however, is mock-up some screenshots for this gloriously pointless mashup. I've been down to the lab and come back with these pictures of my Frankensteinian baby. And so I present to a disinterested world... PitFallout!
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By buzz_clik
No Caption Provided
For whatever reason (probably the headline), I came up with an idea while watching the video in Ryan's story on a robot playing Pitfall!

Why not make a game that combines Pitfall! and Fallout? They're both open-world games, with our hero braving a harsh landscape looking for stuff to pocket. They both have portions that take place underground. Both games have scorpions, as any good game should. Hell, there's even an expansion for Fallout 3 called The Pitt!

No Caption Provided
Le winner, c'est non? Only one small thing stood between me and this game being made: I can't actually program games. A small hiccup, I know.

What I can do, however, is mock-up some screenshots for this gloriously pointless mashup. I've been down to the lab and come back with these pictures of my Frankensteinian baby. And so I present to a disinterested world... PitFallout!
Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Nasar7

I'd play it.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#3  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Yeah, I think this is epic even with only two screens. 

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

That is a great idea, and congrats for being featured in a news article!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Claude

I've been to websites of people that are still making homemade games for the Atari 2600. I wonder how hard it is to code something like that. Man, Pitfall could live on forever. Great stuff, someone should make this happen. Hey... maybe Xbox Live Community Games could come up with something like this.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

I would have funded this Kickstarter.