Playstation Home XI Puzzle and updates thread

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OmegaPirate
Im absolutely loving logging into XI each day and tackling the challenge given to me :D its actually a blast, and i know a few bombers have been giving it a bash too,
So i decided to knock this compiled list of the puzzles as they appear, how to activate them and without giving anything away spoilers wise, how to maximise your chance of solving them. Also it'd be cool to have a place for dsicussion of puzzles, events and how to solve em!"!

23rd March 2009

•  

The Hub opens

Look for a mark on the wall in home square, when you approach it a TELEPORT option will appear, this will take you to XI
Introductory Tutorial and voiceover will guide you through 'backstory'

• First Challenge

Given the task of finding a torn up logo that has been littered around the Hub -there are 3 pieces in total Planted around the environment

• After challenge activation

Once the pieces are found you will be shown to your holopad where a new email and wha tnot will be awaiting you, this is also where you will enter any codes you are given

25th March 2009

• New mail arrives

Check your holopad for an email saying you have been given access to Jess's personal account.

• Staplers first challenge

Go to the back of the hub and speak to the happy robot back there who will give you a challenge (aafter going beserk) involving jess's account, how convenient - something to do with the postcard in her pictures folder. Head to the top floor and log into the online terminal, access jess's account and view her pictures page to start the puzzle. Doing so rewards you in your holo pad.

*hint* look for whats missing and use the browser.

26th March 2009

• New conversations added in Jess's account

• Staplers 2nd challenge

Speak to the robot again and select the 2nd challenge, - once again you must go to jess's account, however this time it is the documents folder you want to access, inside is a document which you must decode.
Doing so awards you once gain in your holopad

*hint* The language used in the text document is ampersand coding, used in websites and the like to show letters and characters, and remember, everythign is butterfly related so far....

bulletclip6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By bulletclip6

yeah just got it. took me awhile to figure out what the hell i was looking at. Then i decided why not give google a try. And then BOOOOM... Good stuff so far.

also glad they are just not making it super easy. i feel this could get even more interesting. Finally a reason to get on Home.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb

Yeah I'm really enjoying Xi at the moment too. It's got a good response from people and is exactly the kind of thing Home needs to become a tad more compelling.

I'm going to try tonights puzzle in a bit. I enjoyed the last two so, I'm looking forward to doing another.

Interested to find out what's behind that darned door too! Doubt we'll find out for a while.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OmegaPirate
get2sammyb said:
"Yeah I'm really enjoying Xi at the moment too. It's got a good response from people and is exactly the kind of thing Home needs to become a tad more compelling.I'm going to try tonights puzzle in a bit. I enjoyed the last two so, I'm looking forward to doing another.Interested to find out what's behind that darned door too! Doubt we'll find out for a while."
In the chatbox they talk about a new texture appearing in the hub they cant figure where it comes from 

If you walk up too that door and turn the camera around you can see 'through it' yheres a random new texture and a new light map/shadow effect in there, i think it s safe to assume we will be going through there soon -also the 'chatbox folk' who keep blogging in jess's profile are through there i think :)
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OmegaPirate

New Update 

March 30th

New mail delivered to Holopad

Informs that due to the success in deciphering Staplers second puzzle they have managed ot get teleporter A1 (those giant tubes active) and they are now available for use.

head on through tht teleporter to be confronted by two sealed 'solid' dorrs that are locked for the moment, clicking on the 'electric' bar doors will inform you that there are 6 mini games spread throughout the hall, and that you must find, play and beat them all within the target time of 6 minutes, beat all 6 and then run back through the only door available to be presented with your total time, a breakdown of each game and your previous best times, as well as with the 3rd piece of the puzzle.
Good work

(p.s my time for all 6 after a couple of run throughs was 4:35:28, see if you can beat it :P)
misterpimp666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By misterpimp666

how do you solve a puzzle? i open the post card and i know whats missing but i dont know what to do them, do i type it in the holopad code thing or what? plz help