• 141 results
ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ZenaxPure

Probably Prince of Persia. While that game did have some ultra stupid achievements (10 points for watching the opening cutscene, really?) I felt it had a really good mix of easy and challenging achievements and a steady pace that not many other games can do. More importantly, all the achievements were fun to get, instead of the route some games go that result in just boringgrindytimesink achievements that really annoy me because I know I may never S rank said game. Funny this thread comes up today though as I was just contemplating buying another copy of PoP on my PS3 when I go to buy it soon (hopefully) just to get the achievements again.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By iam3green

dash of destruction as it is my first game that i have completed to get all the achievements.

Adanux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Adanux

Mine is definitely Bionic Commando Rearmed on XBLA. I'm one of only 17 people (here on giantbomb.com) to finish the game on super hard :).

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By bacongames

Half-Life 2: Episode 2.

GODDAMN GRUBS AND GNOME.

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By themartyr

Probably Project Gotham Racing 3. The platinum timed run for the nurburgring took me months.... The game was incredibly good though, the challenges always felt like you just had to learn them, rather than get lucky at them, in order to surpass them. 

Most frustrating proximity to S-rank is probably Ghostbusters, as it's glitched and so I've lost a lot of drive to bother playing the multiplayer, if it can never be completed. 

Currently looking at an S-rank for The Saboteur. I think I can do it within the next few months, although I'm loaded with university work.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By jakob187
@StarFoxA said:

" What game is your proudest S-Rank? Personally, mine is Red Faction: Guerrilla. I just finished it recently, and 104/104 Guerrilla Actions is one of the hardest things I've ever attempted (not to mention getting 100,000 XP online, winning 250 games, collecting 300+ of the ore deposits, doing all of the hidden challenges, getting pro on all of the transporters, etc). What's your proudest S-Rank? "

You just HAVE to rub it in, don't you?  I hate you soooooo much right now... 

Anyways, my PROUDEST?  I haven't yet achieved the one that will make me the PROUDEST, but my two favorite ones are AC2 and Batman: Arkham Asylum. 

@ROFLCOPTER said:
" I have no S-rank. I was going for it in AC2, but the feathers, THE FEATHERS! "
It only takes about two hours to get all the feathers, and it's still fun.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By StarFoxA
@jakob187: Hey, if I played through that game TWICE for one achievement, I think I've earned the right to rub it in.
wosifat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By wosifat
Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Belonpopo

I did have an S-rank in Halo 3 before the update and now I need 7 more for the true S-rank. Mythic achievments suck!

stankit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By stankit

Burnout Revenge

SoftButtCheeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SoftButtCheeks

Pocketbike Racer, BOOM suckah

I actually have 8 "S" ranks

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#62  Edited By WickedCestus

Borderlands. OH WAIT, FUCK YOU MAD MOXXI

Frederik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Frederik

Noby Noby Boy because it's the greatest game ever (...and it's the only game where I have platinum...)

JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By JessicaBoo

Burnout Revenge =) took me ages to get 1000/1000

NemesisTheory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By NemesisTheory

Street Fighter IV or possibly Devil May Cry 4. Both were quite hard. xD

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#66  Edited By jakob187
@StarFoxA said:
" @jakob187: Hey, if I played through that game TWICE for one achievement, I think I've earned the right to rub it in. "
LOL  Nice, dood.  One of these days, I'll bust the elusive S rank on it.  I just have too many games on my plate right now.  Between finishing the S rank for Darksiders, Dante's Inferno and Bioshock 2 coming up, then Just Cause 2 and Bad Company 2 in March...then Super Street Fighter IV in April...and even then, I've still got stuff I want to complete on Crackdown and Just Cause and Dirt...and still haven't played Dirt 2 or Forza 3 yet... 

...and that's not including P.B. Winterbottom, Serious Sam HD, Darwinia+, S-ranking 'Splosion Man one day, The Maw, the 70+ matches I still need in Battlefield 1943, S-ranking Castle Crashers... 

*le sigh* 

I have too many fucking games to play.  LOL  Good thing is that I'll almost never get bored. 

I think I need to S rank MW2 next, though.  No reason for that to be sitting at 830 still...
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By StarFoxA
@jakob187: That Castle Crashers S-rank... uuuuugh the multiplayer achievements take forever. If you need some help with that hit me up.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By buzz_clik

I'm not saying I'm proud of it, but the one I was happiest with was Dead Space.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By swamplord666

S rank on trials HD... and yes it was hard. 

I kid :P used to have an S rank on Flower... until Sony said no trophies on Giantbomb... :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

Either Fallout 3 or Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. Fallout 3 took me a bit longer and had more DLC to go through but admittedly it was a lot easier. Jiggilionaire in Banjo took ages for me, especially since the backhalf of the game contains a tonne of recycled challenge ideas.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If Mad Moxxi didn't get poor reviews, I'd have my S-rank in Borderlands, and honestly that's the only reason I'd buy that expansion.
*Sigh*

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#72  Edited By MildMolasses

None of my s-ranks are really that impressive, but I guess based entirely on achievement rarity, it would be Heavy Weapon

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73  Edited By Demyx

Um none, and I'm pretty proud that I haven't.

Avatar image for supersecretagenda
SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenchu Z.

Yes, I know I only have an A. But hell, I'm not beating the game again after beating it on hard difficulty.

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Dragon_Fire
@Meltac said:
" I don't have a S rank in anything :( "
Same...
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I don't know about "proudest" but GUN was pretty damn hard. I'd like to see you beat it on the hardest difficulty. The difficulties didn't stack achievements either, so I had go through again on the next hardest after that. It was much easier than the highest difficulty but still, fuck that game for making me do that. The area leading up the the last boss was fucking bullshit. Period.

Congrats on RFG though. I've been meaning to go back to the DLC since I've barely touched it.

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#77  Edited By memo

i have battlefield 1943 but thats it.  i tend play the game not for achievments

Mr_Socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Mr_Socks

Bayonetta.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CoD4 for now, soon to be ME2 hopefully.

JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By JessicaBoo
@buzz_clik: IS A GREAT GAME I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Dead Space! :D 
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By GunstarRed

Crackdown, because it's the only game I have the full 1250 on and it took a ridiculous amount of time and effort. 

I am pretty  proud of cod 4, Bionic commando, katamari forever though.. there hasn't been a game for ages that has made me feel super accomplished... AC2 and Bayonetta were much , much easier to do  than I expected.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By buzz_clik
@JessicaBoo said:
" @buzz_clik: IS A GREAT GAME I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Dead Space! :D  "
I know, right? I was flat out obsessed by it for the week it took me to get all the Achievements; I lost a heap of sleep to that bad boy.

At some point (probably before the sequel comes out) I'm sure I'll give it another whirl. I think enough time has passed that I've forgotten the intricacies, but I remember the broad strokes enough to still get a buzz outta reminiscing.
chirel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#83  Edited By chirel

I have 13 S-Ranks. Naturally I'm the most proud of Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth. 
Ok, maybe COD4. Veteran was pretty tough and Mile High Club achievement also took a while. :3

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Time_Lord

GTA 4 plus all of the DLC

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#85  Edited By skrutop

I only have 2, both XBLA games.  I guess Pac-Man Championship Edition was tougher to get, as the 400,000 point game took quite a bit of time to finally achieve.  Shadow Complex, by comparison, was really easy to S-Rank.  If I go back through Oblivion, I can get an easy S-Rank there, but that game's achievements are all pretty much just tied to quests.

macandcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By macandcheese

I would say Lost Odyssey, you had to find EVERY piece of treasure in the game for one of the achievements. Also I would give an honorable mention to N+ since it was just annoying, I think some of the devs for that game had serious issues

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By fourby
The only S-rank I have is in a game I rented multiple times and still plan to buy from some lucky bargain bin somewhere,
Tenchu Z.

I beat it trying to kill one rare enemy per level for an achievement, but missed one and had no idea where in the 50 levels he was. I returned it and rented it again some 8 months later. I load up a random level and start running around, turn and corner and there he is. Killed and and got my 1000!
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By StarFoxA
@Kowbrainz said:
" Either Fallout 3 or Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. Fallout 3 took me a bit longer and had more DLC to go through but admittedly it was a lot easier. Jiggilionaire in Banjo took ages for me, especially since the backhalf of the game contains a tonne of recycled challenge ideas. "
Banjo-Kazooie is a pretty tough S-rank, especially the DLC.
ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By ZenaxPure
@macandcheese said:
" I would say Lost Odyssey, you had to find EVERY piece of treasure in the game for one of the achievements. "
That is the only achievement I am lacking in the original 1000 of Lost Odyssey, while it isn't hard I know to get it I'm gonna have to find a guide and go to every single treasure location in the game... and that is gonna take a lot of damn time. Probably gonna get it whenever I get around to buying that extra DLC with achievements, I want my S rank on that game!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@StarFoxA: Yeah, some of the DLC challenges were a lot harder to get TT trophies in, but if you had reached the point of the game where all parts were accessible then you just needed some good control and a lot of jets. Klungo Saves Teh Universsse was a good reward at the end of all of it, though.

My last achievement for that game was Are You Trophy Thomas though. I had to sign in at a very specific time of day (from Australia) to find anyone, and even when I did it was a gamble trying to find people who hadn't just put hours into the best possible vehicle for each challenge to guarantee a win.
Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#91  Edited By Marino  Staff

It might actually be Marble Blast Ultra.  The achievements in those DLC packs were ridiculous. 

For a retail release, probably Fable II.  

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#92  Edited By AlexB

Rock Band 2 or Cod4.
Probably RB2, endless setlist  + bladder of steel is a bitch to get.

Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

sadly, i only have 2 S ranks because i rarely buy DLCs...but the one game i did buy DLCs for is Beautiful Katamari, and that is my proudest S rank...getting 100% collection..if you've played the katamari games you should know what im talking about

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By StarFoxA
@Kowbrainz: I did that over local play, as well as the one requiring five hours of nonstop multiplayer games.
JohnTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#95  Edited By JohnTheGamer

I'd probably say Sega Rally (Revo) as so little people have it. I really love the game and it turned me onto the Sega Rally games. Another hard one was Undertow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@StarFoxA: I knew both of the league achievements could be done offline, just I don't think the other one worked for me after completing offline games. At least that's not how I remember it.
AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By AgnosticJesus

Fight Night Round 3.  Probably one of the most difficult games to 1000 pt. on the xbox.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#98  Edited By nukesniper

Mine would be Amped 3. Some of those challenges were much harder to Gold than they should have been, but that game is totally worth having an S Rank. 

Second is Fallout 3 (Xbox 360 version). I have the S rank on the PC version, but I honestly only played about half of the game and then got sick of my weak PC not running it well... Went for the addachievement route there. 360 version I actually got the whole 1550. Fallout 3 stopped me from playing MW2 for a while, and it was worth the work for it all. 

Assassins Creed 1 & 2 I have S ranks in, but I just used maps for all the flags/feathers. So meh there.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#99  Edited By MildMolasses
@RedEyesBlueBunny:
The collections are awful. I'm at 98%, and I've tried using guides, unfortunately some of the items I'm missing aren't necessarily rare, and finding a guide for common ones is hard. And forget about just roaming around at random
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By buzz_clik
@Chirel said:
" I have 13 S-Ranks. Naturally I'm the most proud of Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth. ... Ok, maybe COD4. Veteran was pretty tough and Mile High Club achievement also took a while. :3 "
Oh, heck. I forgot I had the full 1000 on COD4. Yeah, I guess I'm pretty proud of that one, too. Mile High was a bitch and it took me a few hours of swearing and dying, but then the run that I completed it still saw me with 10 seconds left when I got to the double doors.