Ps3 or 360- Which 2008 lineup is better?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Which (upcoming) lineup of games do you guys think is better, the 360s or the ps3s?  For the sake of this thread, dont include games on the other console because it'll just be redundant.

This sound about right? (it's not a concrete list by any means, but I think the majority will agree- feel free to comment on it)

Ps3
- Resistance 2 (fps)

- Little Big Planet (2d platformer)

- Ratchet and Clanck: Quest for Booty (episodic platformer)

- Valkyria Chronicles

- Socom: Confrontation

psn games: (any worth caring about for 08?)

- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (vehicular platformer)
'

- Infinite Undiscovery (action jrpg)

- Fable 2  (wrpg)
'

- Too Human (action wrpg)
'

- Tales of Vesperia  (jrpg)

- Viva Pinata 2 (uhh... fantasy garden sim?)

- Left 4 Dead ( co-op fps)

Gears of War 2

xbla games: castle crashers, braid

* ill put pics up
Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

You have some games that shouldn't be on the list, and some games that are missing from the list - both lists.

In before the fanboy war... out.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

Sentry? Abstaining? Nooo.... ;-)

Is Fat Princess coming out this year?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
like what?  The dc mmo?  You better not be talking about tales or infinite undiscovery.  Lots of people like jrpgs you know.
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By pyromaniac

I have a 360 so that..and you forgot the most important game

GEARS OF WAR 2

Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Major

How'd you forget to add Gears of War 2 ='(

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

Smug its not that there aren't people who don't like JRPG's ,but you and some other seem to like them far more than the 'average' person is the only thing(don't take this as an insult btw,it isn't,just saying) Most people would only list the few exclusive "big" games, ala resistannce 2 LBP ps3- Gears2/Fable-360 

Sure you could make a list that actually included even more than you named(although I don't think DCuniverse is coming out this year) but thats all Sentry is saying, in the average public's eye,games like Tales of Vesperia or Infinite Undiscover really aren't all that inticipated, its like when a great RTS is released, plenty of people just don't like them,so they aren't clumped together as naming them as part of the systems lineup. Hope you understand what I'm getting at(and sentry meant I'm assuming)- wasn't a attack of your game preferences or anything, I know plenty of people like the genre.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, not only Gears, but a lot of others. XD

Just forget it, this thread will bring no good anyways lmao.

I couldn't care less about all the titles from both sides, as long as I get LBP in my hands my satisfaction will be fulfilled for the year and beyond. :P

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
pause422 said:
"Smug its not that there aren't people who don't like JRPG's ,but you and some other seem to like them far more than the 'average' person is the only thing(don't take this as an insult btw,it isn't,just saying) Most people would only list the few exclusive "big" games, ala resistannce 2 LBP ps3- Gears2/Fable-360 

Sure you could make a list that actually included even more than you named(although I don't think DCuniverse is coming out this year) but thats all Sentry is saying, in the average public's eye,games like Tales of Vesperia or Infinite Undiscover really aren't all that inticipated, its like when a great RTS is released, plenty of people just don't like them,so they aren't clumped together as naming them as part of the systems lineup. Hope you understand what I'm getting at(and sentry meant I'm assuming)- wasn't a attack of your game preferences or anything, I know plenty of people like the genre.
"
well there still bound to be good games, is that not true?  They'll probably both average above 80% easily.   Should we not count little big planet because it could very well flop in sales? Im bascially just including games that I think will be worth buying. 
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By brukaoru

The best lineup is whatever games people like the most for each system.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#11  Edited By citizenkane

Gears of War 2 and Fallout 3 have most of my interest.  PS3's lineup is still pretty cool.  Hopefully I will be able to get a PS3 this fall.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

^ obviously. But Im askig which you think will be better.  Obviously people have different tastes and Im not looking for a definite answer, just a general one.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422

Yeah I get what you mean, in 'our' eyes which has the better lineup 'you're' looking forward to.

Anyway, while I'm looking forward to the few exclusives on both systems, honestly I'm more interested in the multiplatform ones atm that are just original looking, Dead Space, Left4Dead, Little Big Planet,  Fallout 3 are my big ones.

Dissolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Dissolve

PS2 has a wonderful lineup.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Aarny91
Dissolve said:
"PS2 has a wonderful lineup.
"

One of the best
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
anyone else not excited about gears 2 really?  I dont think Ill get that for a bit.  Im not caring at all.  Maybe it's because rpgs are starting to kick up and so many better games are coming out on top of gears 2
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By brukaoru
SmugDarkLoser said:
"^ obviously. But Im askig which you think will be better.  Obviously people have different tastes and Im not looking for a definite answer, just a general one. "
Sorry, I thought you were instigating a console war.

I don't really know. I think they're about even for me... Unless your just counting the games coming in the future... Or are you looking at 2008 as a whole?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
brukaoru said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"^ obviously. But Im askig which you think will be better.  Obviously people have different tastes and Im not looking for a definite answer, just a general one. "
Sorry, I thought you were instigating a console war.

I don't really know. I think they're about even for me... Unless your just counting the games coming in the future... Or are you looking at 2008 as a whole?

"

i dunno.  either i guess.

but not 2009 if thats what you're getting at, the next years always up in the year (remember how everyone thought the ps3 would slaughter the 360? suddenly ng2 get announced, star ocean 4, banjo for 08, fable 2 for 08, vp2 announced, etc.- we wont know 2009 until the  very end of 08
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blu_Magic

The 360 lineup just because of Gears of War 2. =P

irishjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By irishjohn

The only PS3 game I'm excited about is LittleBigPlanet, whereas I would play most of the 360 games you've listed here. I will probably also get Fallout 3 on the 360.

Still hopeful for Too Human, but the demo is rough.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By brukaoru

Nah, I didn't think you were looking at 2009, although it's shaping up to be a great year for games as well.

2008 as a whole is about even for me, even with upcoming titles. LittleBigPlanet and Gears of War 2 are must haves for me. Dead Space is multi-platform and it looks really cool... Depending on what system I want to get Bioshock for, the lineup for the PS3 might be looking better to me, still unsure about that. If a Big Daddy figure comes with the PS3 version, that's the one I'm buying.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Aaron_G

The 360 lineup. Gears of War 2. 

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Aarny91

Some of those games look brilliant

DFILL450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DFILL450

I was going to say the PS3 had a better line up at first, but looking at the games on the 360 list, I have to say 360. I'm most likely going to play most of those games, where as I still don't have a PS3.

I'm not buying a PS3 until I have a 1080p t.v. or god of war 3 comes out.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By samcotts
Day one buys:
LittleBigPlanet
Gears of War 2

Must buys at some point:
Resistance 2
Ratchet & Clank: QfB
Fable 2
Left 4 Dead

Pretty much even.
Dissolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Dissolve
Aarny said:
"Dissolve said:
"

One of the best"
I mean just for 2008 it's even good, but, yeah, overall, one of the best.
Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aarny91
Dissolve said:
"Aarny said:
"Dissolve said:
"

One of the best"
I mean just for 2008 it's even good, but, yeah, overall, one of the best.
"

Glad you agreed.
vaultboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vaultboy

Sony, simply because Little Big Planet is the only platform exclusive game listed that I'm interested in.  Left 4 Dead looks like it'll be awesome, but why buy the broken 360 version when there's a PC version coming out?  If L4D was a 360 exclusive, then 360 would be the best line up.  L4D looks like a fantastic online experience full of zombie killing goodness.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By crunchUK

IMO 2008 has been crap for games so far... the only games i'm really looking forward to is gears 2 and RACE: pro (i'm a HUGE racaer fan). the others just lack... errr my interest of course

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gunraidan

How's Left 4 Dead part of the 360's line-up if its also on the PC?

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By somesthetic

I would add:

PS3: Disgaea 3 (if people do indeed care about JRPGs), Tekken 6 and The Agency

Avatar image for monty_the_great
Monty_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Monty_The_Great

I have both the 360 and PS3 and there is only one game that I am really looking forward to: GeOW2. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good games coming out, but there is only one that I am willing to wait in line for at midnight. 

Mistyshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mistyshadow

Overall,the Xbox 360 looks to have a better lineup for the rest of the year, but the PS3 has some nice games too. But we'll see.

WhySoGodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WhySoGodly

As I spend alot of time playing online, 360 wins for me. Resistance seemed subpar to me, to this day I still don't know what it is, it could be the maps but I don't know. For Socom, big fan of the PS2 versions and I was one of the few who liked Socom 3 (you know, the maps did have a smaller version right?) but since then, I have played so many other multiplayer games I don't know if i'll still like Socom as much. I am STILL waiting for the beta that was announced back before Jesus was born..

You can't go wrong with either console though, considering each have quality exclusives with a bunch of multiplats (I apologize to those who might have come from System Wars, I realize that where you come from, it is a sin to play multiplats)

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Quest for Booty is a PSN game and SOCOM is... both? =P SOCOM will be available retail and via PSN.

Put flOwer up there. That's worth mentioning.

Disgaea 3 as well (retail).

Oh yeah! Motorstorm: Pacific Rift too! How could I forget?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By Snail

Left for Dead is both on the PC and the 360... And what about MGS4?! This list is stupid. -.-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snail said:
"This list is stupid. -.-"
This.

/thread
Meresin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Meresin

*shrug* I honestly think the PS3's lineup is superior this year, but I'm taking into account the whole year, not just what's left of it.

coolof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By coolof

The games I look forward to the most right now are; Fable2, Little Big Planet and Gears 2. Two out of three on the 360 so it's the winner for me. Other than that I will get Banjo-Kazooi if it turns out good and since I loved Viva Piñata I guess the sequel is a safe buy as well.

I still don't own a PS3 so I guess that could make some difference as well.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Gunraidan said:
"How's Left 4 Dead part of the 360's line-up if its also on the PC?"
uh.... because it's on the 360?  iS it not true that when comparing lineups you'd compare games the other console doesn't have? 
efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By efrucht

I don't really care for most JRPG's. I'd rather watch anime for that kind of subject matter: less grinding, and I could fast forward past boring parts.
I'm not too hyped about Banjo, never heard of Viva Pinata, and I have Gears of War 1 on PC that I haven't beaten yet due to boredom.

I'd say PS3, Resistance 2 looks like it will be fun to play with my brother in CO-Op mode, and the multiplayer is extremely ambitious albeit slightly over-idealistic. LBP looks like it will be something fun and original, so that also influences my decision.

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By efrucht
VaultBoy said:
"Sony, simply because Little Big Planet is the only platform exclusive game listed that I'm interested in.  Left 4 Dead looks like it'll be awesome, but why buy the broken 360 version when there's a PC version coming out?  If L4D was a 360 exclusive, then 360 would be the best line up.  L4D looks like a fantastic online experience full of zombie killing goodness."
Everyone with a decent PC should take this advice. Valve games are meant to be played on PC. Always.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
efrucht said:
"VaultBoy said:
"Sony, simply because Little Big Planet is the only platform exclusive game listed that I'm interested in.  Left 4 Dead looks like it'll be awesome, but why buy the broken 360 version when there's a PC version coming out?  If L4D was a 360 exclusive, then 360 would be the best line up.  L4D looks like a fantastic online experience full of zombie killing goodness."
Everyone with a decent PC should take this advice. Valve games are meant to be played on PC. Always."
i disagree.  Left 4 Dead is stressing co-op.
Pc sucks for co-op.  Not only do most people I know game on consoles and not pc (so i'd guess most are the same) but you can't do 2 people together on the same console.

Not getting it though.  Im sick of devs pricing games that should be $30 at start at full.  Yes, I know they did the Orange Box, but that's no excuse.   L4D is suppose to be a couple hours, screw that.  I dont care if levels have multiple patterns, it's retarded.
vaultboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vaultboy
SmugDarkLoser said:
Pc sucks for co-op.
That's kind of odd considering the volume of PC games that cater to co-op.  Sure, they're not set up for two people to be playing on a single machine, but who wants to deal with that split-screen rubbish anyways?
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By crunchUK

oh yeah you left out race: pro or whatever it's called for the 360.