• 115 results
AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AcidBrandon18

Which next-gen system are you more interested in learning more about? I feel that Sony will have a good internet infrastructer this time around that could give Microsoft a run for its money. So I'm interested in what Sony will bring to the online department of its next console.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By sopranosfan

PS4, Sony seems more focused on games and Mcrosoft seems more focused on becoming an internet cable company.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BionicRadd

Dont care, either way, because I know I will end up owning both.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ShaggE

I like to switch it up, so PS4. But ideally both.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nickux

I'm already kinda in deep with Sony's ecosystem as far as PS3, Vita, and Trophies are concerned so I'm more likely to buy a PS4 than the next Xbox. Also, I tend to just like the Sony exclusives more. However, if Microsoft makes a strong argument with better games, better price, and better features I'd certainly be interested.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

@sopranosfan said:

PS4, Sony seems more focused on games and Mcrosoft seems more focused on becoming an internet cable company.

this.

Atrus3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Atrus3

@nickux said:

I'm already kinda in deep with Sony's ecosystem as far as PS3, Vita, and Trophies are concerned so I'm more likely to buy a PS4 than the next Xbox. Also, I tend to just like the Sony exclusives more. However, if Microsoft makes a strong argument with better games, better price, and better features I'd certainly be interested.

I'm pretty much the same way with Microsoft. I owned a PS3 for a while, but after playing MGS4 and Infamous, it didn't get used. Also, the controller was a little uncomfortable for me, but not a deal breaker. If I see a bunch of games that look interesting on the PS4, I'll definitely buy one.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

720. All-in-on entertainment box sounds good to me. I'm buying a fucking PC for gaming as soon as I can anyway.

Also, achievements.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By Justin258

@sopranosfan said:

This. Microsoft isn't doing much to make me want a new Xbox. I'm not regretting my 360, I love playing on it, but I can't help but think that those who own either a PC or PS3, or both, are getting a better gaming experience right now in terms of exclusives and features and stuff.

I plan on PC next gen.

Avatar image for bombcastgoldthwait
BombcastGoldthwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I need to see more (or at least something) from both to make a decision?

gtg12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gtg12

PS4

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By pr1mus

I'll most likely stick to the PC entirely from now on. My PC is probably as powerful as the next gen consoles will likely be and if not a GPU upgrade will do the trick.

If i go with a console it will be Sony once again. Better and more varied games.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Jayzilla

without even knowing when these are coming out or what the hardware is like, it's like deciding what you want for breakfast in a year or two. who knows.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sopranosfan

@Jayzilla said:

without even knowing when these are coming out or what the hardware is like, it's like deciding what you want for breakfast in a year or two. who knows.

BREAKFAST BURRITOS!!!! could eat them almost daily.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel

Based on the red ring-fest that was the Xbox 360's formative years, I'd buy the PS4 first if a gun were held to my head and I had to choose.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#16  Edited By StarvingGamer

Dualshock 4!

ImaTreee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ImaTreee

ps4, mostly because of certain developers that are exclusive to sony.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By tourgen

well xboxlive has turned into an advertisement hellhole and I don't care one bit for the Metro GUI - which is almost certainly going to be the next interface for the xbox. So I'm probably going with the Playstation this time around. Sony seems to have a bit better group of exclusive games including some pretty off-the-wall stuff, which I enjoy.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

I've turned my PS3 on exactly twice since Thanksgiving of last year. Once to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation on Blu-Ray while wrapping presents on Christmas Eve and the other time was to play Journey. As much as I hate the app this, and app that direction Microsoft seems to be going, at least I know I'll get some use out of their next console. To be honest though, I see ALOT of PC gaming for me in the next gen. I may not buy either one.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheHumanDove

the 720, because it sounds extreme, and Im a really extreme person

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Aronman789

I would go PS4 since Sony's had better exclusives so far, and I want to get at those JRPGs

saethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By saethir

I would go ps4 because I have played enough Halo, Gears, and Fable to last me a lifetime (I think). I have a pretty good PC to play most games on, so whatever console I get next would be mostly for the exclusives, and I see the ps4 as probably having more that I am interested in.

ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ApeGantz

If Kingdom Hearts 3 and Persona 5 aren't in the PS3s life cycle, then PS4. Otherwise PC, bitches.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By shinboy630

Sticking with PC from here on out, cause that's what I do most of my gaming on, even now. I might give in and get a PS4 just cause I'm a sucker for the MLB: The Show games.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SmilingPig

Depens on what they show next E3 for me.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By stonyman65

To me it really depends on what games are on the console. As cool as the 360 is, their exclusive games are just sad. I don't really care for Halo, and I got bored of Gears after the first game, so all that really matters are the ports, but I play those on my PC anyways.. Looking at PS3, they have a shitload more exclusive games that are great, and all of the ports that I would want to play on a console rather than on my pc.

It just depends on what is coming out and how the next gen works. I'm not a "day one" guy, so I'll wait about 6 months and see how things are shaping up and then go with what seems better.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Fearbeard

Both

Though I'll probably end up owning an Xbox 720 first. This generation for me has been all about multiplatform games and I just enjoy playing more on the Xbox.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Jeust

Neither. I won't get a next gen console in the forseeable future.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 69

#29  Edited By bobafettjm

I will be getting both, and the WiiU for sure. I will probably get the next Xbox first however.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@sopranosfan said:

This.

Also, Xbox 360's lack of interesting exclusives compared to the PS3 and paying for XBL Gold has made me want to focus more on the next Sony console than the Microsoft one.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Grillbar

ps4 mainly since i have never had an xbox so im allready in deep with sony.

i also think, of the few things i have heard that microsoft is kinda just trying to be an entertainment unit more then a game console and i dont need that, i got a pc.

but in the end i might get both all depends on the games that come out. there really where not that many for the 360 and i cared about enough to buy the console

and i might also be a fucking petty person but i think the hole thing about having to pretty much pay them to play games online is down right disgusting.

but its still a great console

so basically ill most likely play most of my game on ps4 and pc. but might end up buying the 720 if they give me a reason

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By KaneRobot

We don't know enough.

Ideally whatever Microsoft releases, but if I can't carry over DLC to the new console and they disregard backward compatibility, no way. If I have to leave everything behind I'll be happy to make a clean cut with Microsoft at the end of the 360's life and try Sony next time.

That said, I don't plan on buying either anywhere close to release. I'm happy with what we still have and would be plenty satisfied if we went another 3 years with it. If anything I'll go backwards. I just hooked up my XBox (original) again and started playing some stuff I've never gotten around to and I'm nearly as entertained by that as anything we've gotten in this generation.

Kowalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Kowalo

Ps4, I bought a 360 and I hardly used it. Also I'm not interested in the apps/kinect stuff they've been doing lately.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@sopranosfan said:

I think that's a little unfair. Neither is doing great things with games these days, and Sony has almost no true first party games coming out these days. I also like that they are upgrading their platform instead of leaving the same slow and kind of awkward UI for every and ever.

That said, I'm a PC gamer, and depending on my situation (I'm probably enlisting before/around the time the next generation is announced) I probably will have to wait and see who's got a good library, and whether or not I'll have a chance to get both and enjoy the exclusives or not.

I prefer the 360 as a platform, but I love both sides for their games. Sony needs to prove some things before they become the first one I make the jump to though. I love XBL and I'm invested in it much more than in Sony's infrastructure. I don't mind the new xbox interface because in the three minutes it took me to find things, I realized it's just as good, if not better than the last (far too spread out and massive) UI. Anyone who can't find things on the service needs to take a second to pay attention, I've never been lost, and these days I barely use my 360. Gamer's are just babies who hate change, I guess. I find Sony's UI more confusing. The way they split up Demos, and that hideous PSN interface in general? It's not that hard to navigate it just could be a lot better.

I'd also like to see Sony wise up on downloadable stuff. XBLA is such an awesome place for downloadable games, and while PSN has some great titles, it is a bit lacking in size/awareness.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By Phatmac

Wii U.

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mitsuko_souma

PS4 woot woot, although I don't plan on getting one right away. I've played all 3 current gen consoles extensively and the PS3 blows away the competition.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By Samaritan

The Next Xbox, mostly from a focus point of view. Will Microsoft most-likely continue down their path as marketing the box as an entertainment hub, further pushing its focus away from games? Or will they debut the thing and market it as a game-playing machine with media capabilities? What will the interface look like? Will my Gamerscore be carried over? How are downloadable content and games going to be handled? I'm far more curious about the Next Xbox than I am about the PS4.

Wallzii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wallzii

Pretty hard to tell at this point really. As with this generation, I'll probably end up getting both. At which times I get either console will be determined by the exclusives they offer. I didn't get a PS3 until about two years ago, because there weren't enough exclusives I cared about until then, and at the time I didn't care about BluRay either.

At the end of the day, it's all about the games, and brand loyalty really has nothing to do with it.

Avatar image for sexualbubblegumx
SexualBubblegumX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SexualBubblegumX

Well Xbox 720 most likely, considering it prolly will be able to play 360 games.

p00rdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By p00rdevil

I had both consoles this generation. Started out with the 360 but the more time went on the more I was playing all the best Xbox games on my PC. Finally, even though I wasn't using it much, it gave up the ghost, so I replaced it with the PS3 Slim. I like the Sony experience overall so I'll probably go with them next time, at least at first, then maybe pick up the 720 later in the console's life cycle after a price drop and the games are cheap. My main issue with the Xbox is how many of its games are available on my gaming PC. That and I am not a huge fan of FPS games like Halo and Call of Duty.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By iam3green

i have to see what is offered first. i would say ps4, i enjoy it a lot. it has free online play.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By intro

Neither really, since I quit playing consoles and didn't like the direction MS was heading (I was a 360 player).

I had LIVE for 5 years or so and the 360 in general since about the time it came out. I also bought the Zune's as they came out. I still have my HD and love it, works perfect and syncs XVid format quickly without converting it. The reason I bring that up just to say, I've been a bigger MS fan than Sony Fan. So if I had to choose which one I'm more interested in, I'd say MS since I've been following them and their products quite often. However not much has come out about Sony's new console like a ton of leaks, so it will be exciting to see what they'll come up with for the PS4.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By Doctorchimp

PC.

I'm totally spent on consoles. Maybe at the very end of the generation if there's a couple exclusives I was dying to play for dirt cheap. But probably not.

I can't be the only one who's completely over Microsoft and Sony's little dance right? I mean right now the PC I'm about to have will probably completely stomp what sony and microsoft are going to put out, why bother?

p00rdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By p00rdevil

@iam3green said:

i have to see what is offered first. i would say ps4, i enjoy it a lot. it has free online play.

Yea free internet is a big deal. No way I am paying for another internet connection.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheHumanDove

@p00rdevil said:

@iam3green said:

Yea free internet is a big deal. No way I am paying for another internet connection.

Its a funny thing, really, because in the beginning xbox live was lightyears ahead of PSN, but its gotten to the point where they're essentially equal, but you still have to pay for xbox. I own both systems (pay premium on both online), but its definitely something to look at in the next gen

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By Sooty

PS4 because I'm sick to death of Microsoft shoving advertisements and their shitty avatars down my throat.

and Microsoft have zero interesting exclusives on the 360 so that's making me think of the next Xbox negatively.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By flindip

Pfft, I am getting a Dreamcast.

p00rdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By p00rdevil

@flindip said:

Pfft, I am getting a Dreamcast.

Ha, I still have mine!

Avatar image for phantomgardener
PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PhantomGardener

Well the last time I got the xbox first, so this time I wanna do something crazy and get the PS first. But sooner or later I'll have them both in my possession.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By flindip

@p00rdevil:

Are you from the future? Do we get jet packs?