"Pulling a Brad" meme has taken its toll on him

Overbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#251  Edited By Overbite

I think saying Brad sucks at games is like saying Gaben is fat. We're just fooling around and don't mean anything by it. We respect them even though we tease.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#252  Edited By laserbolts

If you make a living from playing games in front of the internet then you have to be able to take it plain and simple. Either man up or do something else.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#253  Edited By jakob187

I guess we know why he's leaving now.

Simulacrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#254  Edited By Simulacrum

@jakob187:Not this shit again.

Willtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#255  Edited By Willtron

Pulling a Brad does not frustrate me. Pulling a "I'm not paying attention and now I missed something" frustrates me. But then I realize, these dudes have to be entertaining, or else it's just raw-ass, boring gameplay. That's one of the caveats of trying to be entertaining while playing games: you might die a bit, or you might be a complete dumbass and miss something vital, then spend five to ten minutes making the same mistake over and over again. And everyone on the Bombcrew has been guilty of it at some point--some more than others, probably--but I'll take that second or two of "Oh God, IT'S RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU!" or Brad pulling Brads for the endless hours of entertainment the guys give us.

SleepyDoughnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By SleepyDoughnut

The reason for this meme I think is purely because Brad gets dramatic and flustered when he dies in games. He makes frustrated grunts and yells oh no! a lot. I guess that has to do with the anxiety, which is unfortunate. Ryan and Vinny are on the same level of gaming most of the time, but when they die they just shrug it off and don't make a big deal out of it.

Selftest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#257  Edited By Selftest

Wait, people are [i]upset[/i] with Brad for dying in video games? I think it's hilarious. Reminds me of me. Also, they make brad play games in which one tends to die a lot. I'm sorry to hear one of the guys is getting guff for dying. In video games.

The internet is fucking absurd.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#258  Edited By JasonR86

What a pussy.

crunchbitejr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#259  Edited By crunchbitejr

People get "mad" at the guys when they die or play a game badly?

Grow up, seriously. If you sit and get angry at Brad dying, or Patrick missing a jump or Ryan messing up then you need to re-evaluate who you are and what you think. Talk about taking the internet too seriously. If you want to go watch a perfect speed run then go and watch one. If you want to go and get a job on a games website then go and work hard and apply. But this constant bitching and whining about everything the GB guys is rediculous, is childish and is the worst of the internet.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#260  Edited By Sooty

@CrunchbiteJr said:

Grow up, seriously. If you sit and get angry at Brad dying, or Patrick missing a jump or Ryan messing up then you need to re-evaluate who you are and what you think. Talk about taking the internet too seriously. If you want to go watch a perfect speed run then go and watch one. If you want to go and get a job on a games website then go and work hard and apply. But this constant bitching and whining about everything the GB guys is rediculous, is childish and is the worst of the internet.

No people get annoyed when they don't bother to look at basic control pop-up hints/look at the controls and then wonder how they do stuff 20 minutes later in the quick look.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#261  Edited By Humanity

@Sooty said:

@CrunchbiteJr said:

No people get annoyed when they don't bother to look at basic control pop-up hints/look at the controls and then wonder how they do stuff 20 minutes later in the quick look.

When you don't pay attention it's usually the games fault. When the game tells you what to do too often it's holding your hand way too much. When the game doesn't tell you a lot then it's confusing and inherently a bad game - usually European so not worth playing in the first place anyway. When the game is an RPG and it is not Skyrim then it automatically gets one point deducted from the score; also it will never do anything quite as well as Skyrim did it. Even if Skyrim didn't do the thing in question at all, it still did it better.

crunchbitejr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#262  Edited By crunchbitejr

@Sooty said:

@CrunchbiteJr said:

Heaven forbid we see them playing the game normally in a relaxed manner in a QL. Messing about, trying different things, seeing how intuitive the game is. Stuff like that sometimes makes for great content too. Brad accidentally throwing a grenade at his feet in a TnT springs to mind.

My point stands. That is not something people should be getting angry or annoyed at. Just sit back, enjoy the discussion and enjoy the video. Don't sit clenching your jaw thinking "JUST LOOK AT THE MENU ASSHOLE".

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#263  Edited By Crono

Poor Brad. I feel for him. I really do. It's definitely not easy to divide your attention so drastically between playing a game, and giving meaningful/entertaining commentary at the same time. I bet if Brad played some games without the addition of needing to commentate on it - and just focus entirely on the game - we would see that he plays a lot better. I don't mind seeing brad "pulling a brad" it keeps things interesting.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#264  Edited By renmckormack

Harden

The Fuck

Up

(Just Kidding. Shit is stressful when you push it around in your head too much it becomes bigger than it is.)

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#265  Edited By Svenzon

I feel sorry for him. Joking about from time to time is one thing, but I've seen people saying he should be fired and other downright vicious things on the net. That's just dumb. I wonder if all these assholes are automatically awesome at every game they play? Probably not!