Quick GB, What Should I Buy?!

aceedkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aceedkins

After finishing some heavy games like bioshock and mgs 4, I'm in the mood for just an all around fun title. I've narrowed it down to either R&C: Tools of Destruction or Fable 2. Granted they are very different titles, but in terms of pure fun what title did you enjoy more, and why? Thanks!

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_A_Drain

Chronicles of Riddick GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGGOGOGO!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping that with enough GO's, you won't notice Riddick wasn't an option.

I'd prolly go Fable, just because I havn't enjoyed any Ratchet and Clank games, but that's just me others find them highly enjoyable.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Red Faction Guerrilla.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By dsplayer1010

Out of those, Ratchet. Have you played Uncharted?

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Ineedaname

RC out of those, it's a decent length game and one I literally only stopped playing twice during my play hrough I never realised the time I was playing that game till.
However have you no other options because there are alot better games out there, even if you're on a budget.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By Atlas

R&C is a better light fun game, but Fable II is a better game. I'd go with Fable, just because I loved that game so much. Interacting with the NPC's was surprisingly entertaining, the humour in the game is awesome, and the combat's pretty good as well. Very fun game.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Viva Pinata:TIP, Prototype, or Red Faction.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

If you don't mind being utterly disappointed by a games ending, go for fable II. It's a great game, but the ending is very meh, so be warned.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond

Are you willing to try something different like Red Faction Guerrilla or Uncharted?  Uncharted especially is a great, lighthearted, and fun game.

Of those 2 I didn't really like Tools of Destruction at all, it was very disappointing to me personally.  Fable 2 is good, but it can require a real investment of time and focus.

aceedkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By aceedkins
@dsplayer1010: I really want to play uncharted, but the price of it is still in the $30+ price range... That just seems to much to me for a game that is apparently pretty short.

If you guys have any other recommendations, throw em' out. I don't want to spend over $30 though.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By dbz1995

Why narrow it down to so few when there are so many other great games out there?

Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Atlas
@MattyFTM:  I thought the ending was alright. It didn't blow me away, but I guess it wasn't supposed to.
alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By alsnuts2

they are both really fun but both have almost no difficulty at all.  I dont think you can make a wrong call here

Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Atlas
@aceedkins said:
"@dsplayer1010: I really want to play uncharted, but the price of it is still in the $30+ price range... That just seems to much to me for a game that is apparently pretty short.If you guys have any other recommendations, throw em' out. I don't want to spend over $30 though. "

OK, you want a fun light game for less than $30, eh? So download Steam if you haven't already and buy World of Goo. Done.
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#15  Edited By dsplayer1010
@aceedkins: I thought Uncharted was at the greatest hit of $30. If not, it's worth at least renting.
aceedkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By aceedkins
@dsplayer1010: Nope. Sony seems to be stubborn about adding this one... Weird that MGS4 made it to greatest hits before Uncharted...
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Atlas
@aceedkins:  Strange, its been Platinum here in Europe for ages. Amazon UK currently is asking for £15, which is about $28. Import maybe? Take advantage of region-free gaming?