trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Edited By trophyhunter
  • you have to pay $100 a year to be in the network
  • you can sell from 50 cents to $3 but face it no ones is going to pay more than 50 cents for community music 
  • you get 30% of that 50 cents which is 15 cents in your pocket
  • you'd have to sell one song 667 times to make back your $100 investment, or sell 667 different songs once
  • the only way  you would actual make money on it is if you own the copyright to a hell of a lot of songs

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By trophyhunter
  • you have to pay $100 a year to be in the network
  • you can sell from 50 cents to $3 but face it no ones is going to pay more than 50 cents for community music 
  • you get 30% of that 50 cents which is 15 cents in your pocket
  • you'd have to sell one song 667 times to make back your $100 investment, or sell 667 different songs once
  • the only way  you would actual make money on it is if you own the copyright to a hell of a lot of songs

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

Imagine selling a whole album of that amount. That would make for some nice pocket change.

And the selling point of becoming rich isn't selling it through RBN, but having another fresh outlet to get your music out there easily to the public.

MeetThePyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By MeetThePyro

Pessimist much, dude this will be a great feature that will let indie artists get songs to the Rock Band community. And for a good song I'd pay $3.00!

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By keyhunter

It's cheap advertising. This is a dream come true for any music artist really.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Absurd

I don't think anyone thought they were going to make millions of dollars by selling music on the Rockband network...It's mostly about getting your name out there.

AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By AvD

I don't think you're really getting the point...

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By Arkthemaniac
@keyhunter said:
" It's cheap advertising. This is a dream come true for any music artist really. "
This.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iam3green

can someone inform me what rock band network is? i never heard of this. it sounds like a way of people who made rock band more money.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By trophyhunter

yes there's advertising but it is a business in the end

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By AndrewGaspar

You only get 30%?! Seriously? Not only do you have to make all of the note tracks, the background stage performances, and, assuming you're an indie band and not just some publisher, actually perform all of the music? Sounds like the artists aren't getting a fair cut.

However, I do see how this can be cheap advertising, but wouldn't YouTube or Facebook or MySpace be better and cheaper routes to go for that?
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By trophyhunter

30% is what you get
35% to harmonix
35% to Microsoft

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheGremp

The point isn't to make you rich.  It's to get your band out there, and have a bit of fun in the process.  I personally think it would be a cool experience to have some of my music online for people to play to around the world.

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Cheapoz

Some indie artists (bradsucks for one) are offering to give up their masters to have people create tracks for them, that's kinda neat.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_A_Drain
@keyhunter said:
" It's cheap advertising. This is a dream come true for any music artist really. "

This.

Besides, you might not pay more than 50 cents, but a lot of people probably would.

Also, noones ever suggested it's going to be a guaranteed money maker, it's just an opportunity for unsigned bands and artists to get their stuff out there into a popular current medium. Any band would fucking jump at this chance for a mere $99.

Besides, not only that but it's the community XNA stuff as well, it's the same membership, so if you happen to be into music AND game development, double bingo you can get all your stuff out there onto the Xbox. So you won't get rich? Big fucking deal, you might make enough to keep yourself going with development though, or at the very least you get your stuff out there for people to experience.
Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

You only get 30%??? What the fuck it's not Harmonix's song. Assholes.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Pazy

The potential isnt to make money on Rockband Network, its to have a fanbase to allow you to progress out from it and make money there.