Runes of Magic

Ghostin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ghostin

Anybody checking this out?  It's 3 parts World of Warcraft,1 part Guild Wars... and totally free to play.  It doesn't do anything special, but it all works.

I'm about to stop playing it to be honest as it makes me want to go back to WoW, but if you are looking for a solid MMO and to save a few quid it's a pretty good choice.

(I did search and couldn't see it mentioned - for f2p it is very polished).

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

Doesn't look that bad. I might check it out.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

It was alright. It's F2P but heavily, heavily based on microtransactions. I'd say the dual-class system could be likened more to Final Fantasy XI, as you have to level up both classes separately. The difference between FFXI and RoM in that aspect, however, is that in FFXI you only had to level the secondary class to half of your primary class's level, whereas in RoM you have to level both classes to the max level. I didn't like getting my mage to 15 just to switch to being a level 1 priest again, having to go to the newbie zone all over, but then again I felt the same way in FFXI.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

There are a tonne of pretty decent free MMO's out there. I've played a couple of them and they're enjoyale, but they get old quickly.

Ghostin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ghostin

I agree, I like to keep my eye on the f2p side just to see what's going on (was gutted with what happened to Mythos).  Thought I'd mention this one though as it definately stands out in the crowd, the quality is exceptional for a free title.