Runescape

This topic is locked from further discussion.

candy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By candy1989

looking for RS fans!

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jking47

Bwahaha, I used to play Runescape when I was in middle school, I had to go to a library after school to wait for my parents to get off of work so I would just log in and play it. Good memories.

Dawglet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Dawglet

buttscape

Raital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Raital

My username is Spearminte, add me. I play bad games because I'm cool.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ajamafalous

I used to play it when I was a kid. I actually checked back in a few years ago and it's still pretty cool if you're into that. I think I heard they recently overhauled the combat system and it's kinda like other MMOs now, with keybinds and cooldowns.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ch3burashka

@candy1989 said:

looking for RS fans!

Oxymoron. Good one.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fuck, it's so good. I just recently (less than a month ago) came back. The new combat system is much better for the most part, though some things they changed are kinda meh. I've spent so much time playing it the last few weeks. It's like the ultimate loot/leveling-driven RPG to me.

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Dragon_Fire

Was really into it when I was in Elementary and Middle School, but I've just stopped playing. But I can't said I didn't have fun and I had some amazing memories from playing.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Nadril

Middle school and early high school I played, then quit for the most part when they released the big 'rs2' update. It was a bad game, but not awful for the time.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Sackmanjones

What is this?

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NegativeCero

The enduring popularity of Runescape never ceases to amaze me. It will probably be around forever, huh.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I really wish I could continue to like Runescape, as I certainly have fond memories for the place, but for me that place has become so much less enjoyable in recent years. The endless focus on further monetization of Runescape without anything approaching the focus on expanding the game itself in recent years really depresses me, and I'm not fond of the me-too-ization of the combat system to make it even more samey. Runescape was always it's own thing, and I could at least respect that, but it seems that doesn't even apply anymore.  

If there was less focus on cramming more ads and pretty graphics on the homepage, and more focus on actually expanding the lands and mechanics of the game, I might play it. But instead it's all about the double exp weekends and video ads, and not about continuing to build the game itself. The turning away from the meat and potatoes approach the game used to have turned me off of it entirely and I moved on. Endless monetization inevitably cannibalizes everything that was once good.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Hizang
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

When you start a thread please try to make sure you're not duplicating one that already exists and that you're actually making an effort to start a discussion. The Runescape community thread already essentially does the job of this thread, and does it better than this one does. Thank you.