• 53 results
Killa_Jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Killa_Jo

I have been thinking about a kind of game like this for a long time and i feel like a just need to say something about it. Picture a game with a big city like GTA: 4 but instead of a Russian trying to make it in the city, you're a serial killer who just escaped from a high class security pirson, like the rock. (you can include the breakout in the gameplay or just show a cut scene. Anyways, after breaking out of prison you meet up with one of your best buddies who then hooks you up with a safe house and you can call it home. The whole object of the game would be to get back at the Judge, all of the jury, and the chief of police who arrested you. You go around the city at day in a disguise but if you draw to close to a police officer he can walk up to you and see that you are the convicted and call in for backup and you have top escape the area fast using the alleyways and some assessable office/small buildings. While walking around in the day time you can spot out houses to rob and cars to jack. At night you can go through with the robbings and heist. This whole time you have a chaos meter which shows how much chaos you have caused and have people worrying. There would be stages to the meter and at certain points of the meter you can strike at the chief of police or the judge, like they become available for a hit. But you simply cant just kill them right then and there, at the points would be find out information about them from your friends and break into their house or follow them to work and break into their car. Now about the jury members, it would be like the random strangers in GTA: 4 where you can just randomly find them on the roads/parks/streets but they dont have a set position they randomly move around. You can do things like side mission with your criminal friends which would help raise your chaos meter alot faster. 

Now i have alot more information about the game for those of you actually interested you can ask question about features or express what you think about it. Or if you wish to hear more i would happily tell you. To those of you who took the time to actually read this i thank you. I just felt like i needed to let people know about this to see if it could actually go somewhere because i would really love to play this game. 

I guess it would be like a mix of GTA 4, GTA san adreas, Heavy Rain, and Manhunt

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By fripplebubby

Sounds cool, but man, the anti violent video game people would have a FIT about this one. 

Killa_Jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Killa_Jo

yeah i know thats the only thing that blows about it but man this would just a dream come true to play

BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BionicMonster

this is pretty demented.
Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Damien
@Fripplebubby said:
" Sounds cool, but man, the anti violent video game people would have a FIT about this one.  "
I agree.  The idea sounds fine and hasn't been done before, but probably for a reason.  Going around killing judges and jurors is probably pushing the envelope.  There's a reason in games, we're always fighting aliens or Nazis.  Almost everyone can agree they're bad and their death is deserved, or at least just.  Some random person called in for jury duty, eh not so much.
mcmets93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By mcmets93

Law Abiding Citizen, Dexter, and Gta  pretty beast if you ask me

Killa_Jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Killa_Jo
@Damien:  thats what i thought at first but i mean look at Manhunt and well shit make it bears like in naughtybear then lol
landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By landon

So its just Assassin's Creed and GTA. I'm going to assume you get money by robbing houses and doing heists and use that to purchase guns and such. I'm also going to assume that the story ends when you finally kill everyone who sent you there. I guess the story could be interesting, but a revenge based games have been done before and this game doesn't sound like its putting anything new on the table.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ryax

cant say id pay for it. sounds kinda like a violent twelve year old juggalo's wet dream

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fripplebubby
@Ryax said:
" cant say id pay for it. sounds kinda like a violent twelve year old juggalo's wet dream "
Funny you mention that, my rapper name is actually "MC Violent Twelve Year Old Juggalo's Wet Dream" 
landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By landon
@Fripplebubby said:
" @Ryax said:
" cant say id pay for it. sounds kinda like a violent twelve year old juggalo's wet dream "
Funny you mention that, my rapper name is actually "MC Violent Twelve Year Old Juggalo's Wet Dream"  "
Funny you mention that, my band name is actually "MC Violent Twelve Year Old" and our first single was "Juggalo's Wet Dream".
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BraveToaster

It sounds like a good idea. If a police officer can see through your disguise, then civilians can too. If he escaped from a dangerous prison chances are the feds are going to looking for him as well. If he's seeking revenge, the law enforcement agencies will figure it out and put your targets in protective custody.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ryax
@Landon said:
" @Fripplebubby said:
" @Ryax said:
Funny you mention that, my rapper name is actually "MC Violent Twelve Year Old Juggalo's Wet Dream"  "
Funny you mention that, my band name is actually "MC Violent Twelve Year Old" and our first single was "Juggalo's Wet Dream". "
Funny you should mention that. 
Killa_Jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Killa_Jo
@Axxol:  True, but most people in real life just go about their business and dont even pay attention, also i was thinking the higher your meter gets the more people become aware. Where the feds come in and start to stake out your hideout and friends so forcing you to move locations and lay low on your friends for a few days
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By JJWeatherman

The story sounds dumb to me. What would killing every jury member solve? You'd just be a zillion times more likely to go back to court for killing them and starting a never ending cycle of jurys and having to kill them. I'm overthinking this now. 

Point is, I don't like the story or motivations.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BraveToaster

If this guy is dangerous, his face will be on the tv, the internet, and newspapers. People are going to be more cautious and they'll warn civilians that he's in disguise. Someone other than law enforcement is bound to recognize the guy.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Sounds exactly like the first and third level or saints row 2. Lol. You break out of prison then you break your friend out of a courtroom and kill a judge, shooting at cops.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Shadow

My Epic game idea:  Unreal Tournament:: Aftermath.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Synthballs

My Epic Game Idea: It's like Kirby meets GTA meets Tony Hawk meets Prinny! Can I Really Be The Hero? meets Duck Hunt.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

The story sounds a bit like Grand Theft Auto III, except more violent and extreme.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TotalEklypse

just sounds like another gta addon to me. 

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By sagesebas
@Killa_Jo: sounds cool dood
mcmets93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mcmets93
@Synthballs: boo
leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By leebmx

Its not really a character I can really see many people relating and sympahising with much. Maybe if he was fitted up or something but just a straight serial killer who was justly convicted....can't see that working. 

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Djratchet

Sounds kinda lame. The revenge story isn't that strong either

HOW DARE YOU ARREST ME FOR KILLING PEOPLE! HOW DARE YOU!

Now, if he was some how set up, that would be more interesting, but that has been done a thousand times. This just sounds like a generic GTA ripoff.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By VisariLoyalist

you know, a lot of your posts between the serial killer game Idea and wanting to throw coffee into your neighbors pool make me concerned

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Game concept sounds okay, story sounds stupid.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FlipperDesert
@Landon said:
" @Fripplebubby said:
" @Ryax said:
Funny you mention that, my band name is actually "MC Violent Twelve Year Old" and our first single was "Juggalo's Wet Dream". "
Funny you should mention that, my violent twelve year old Juggalo child is called "M. C. Wet Dream."

He gets bullied a lot.
dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dillonwerner
@VisariLoyalist said:
" you know, a lot of your posts between the serial killer game Idea and wanting to throw coffee into your neighbors pool make me concerned "
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HandsomeDead

Doesn't really sound like an Epic game. Doubt it would run on the Unreal Engine.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Raymayne

I don't really know why you included Heavy Rain in your comparison list...sounds more like a sort of like a modern-day AC/GTA cross with a story along the lines of Manhunt. Anyway OP you're right, it is an epic idea.

PATERSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By PATERSON

Meh...

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#33  Edited By armaan8014

Saints row?

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#34  Edited By Atlas

Don't like it at all. Sounds way too adolescent. Why was he convicted in the first place, and why has he decided to go on this killing rampage? Because he went mad and extremely bitter in prison? Did he suffer some kind of psychological trauma? How is he so capable of being recaptured, and if he is so capable of avoiding the law, how didn't he avoid them the first time?

Actually this got me thinking and I have my own epic game idea, and this seems like as good an opportunity to mention it as any. What if you played a guy who had absolutely nothing in the world - no family, no friends, no life, orphaned, a former prisoner - the unluckiest man in the world. So the only way he can try and find meaning in life is to be the bad guy and do the jobs that no one else wants to do. He gets involved with gangsters and does some bad shit, but at points in the game he is confronted with a very serious moral dilemma, at which point time stops and suddenly the character awakens in a dream like world. In the dream world, the character eventually has to confront an alternative version of himself, defeat them in battle, and decide whether to kill them or not. Then the dream ends and time resumes, and the character makes the decision. Here's the plot point - what you do during the dream world, and whether you decide to kill the alternate you or not, determines what the character does in the real world. Say for example the player is confronted with whether to kill an innocent man or not; if in the dream world the player makes evil choices and kills their alternate self, the cutscene set in the real world shows the character killing the innocent man. The battle between the two alternative versions of the same person is a metaphor for the battle within his own coscience. If you are evil in the dream world, you represent his dark potential, whereas if you're good, you are his moral code. The decisions you make in the dream world, and then consequently make in the real world, have a huge affect on the events in the real world, and the story can splinter into a lot of different directions. There are let's say five or six major decisions to make through the course of the game, and dream sequences are a combination of puzzles and fights which will take about an hour to complete. The final boss battle is fought simultaneously between an enemy in the real world and the alternate version of the character in the dream world, and there are multiple  different possible endings for the game.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By c1337us

Sounds sick.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By YoThatLimp
@JJWeatherman said:
" The story sounds dumb to me. What would killing every jury member solve? You'd just be a zillion times more likely to go back to court for killing them and starting a never ending cycle of jurys and having to kill them.  

DLC bro
haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By haggis

This game idea pretty much validates all the criticisms made of video games for being juvenile and violent. :/ 

Basically, it's just GTA. Without the moral restraint. What's unique, fun, or compelling about that? Do we have little minigames where we actually get to rape, murder or torture our victims? Are there achievements for particularly creative ways of carving people up? Rockstar already pushes things to the limit (the Dastardly achievement, in Red Dead Redemption, for instance). But at least they know where the line is.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By frankxiv
@HandsomeDead said:
" Doesn't really sound like an Epic game. Doubt it would run on the Unreal Engine. "
what if the main character was a slab of meat, possibly in armor with glowy bits, and it was a SPACE prison?
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mmmslash

I'm... uncomfortable.

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By floodiastus

Sounds very much like GTA to me, I mean killing innocent people is what everyone does in that game all the time when not doing missions!? I think everyone who every played GTA has sniped pedestrians from the top of a building til the cops show up and then shoot them too. 

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RVonE
@Shadow said:
"My Epic game idea:  Unreal Tournament:: Aftermath. "

Or just Unreal Tournament 2004 2. I want that game.
DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DrPockets000

Sounds kinda cool.

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Eidderf

I had an idea for game, it's not particularly original but it's something I'd like to play, I came up with the idea when playing Fallout 3 and thinking how much more I'd enjoy the game if you didn't have to fight anyone. 

Essentially it's like oblivion in that you are given a wide area to explore but there's no combat, you explore the area you are in, perhaps finding ruins and the odd other person now and again who can help you make progress. It would more focus about overcoming things in your path through using the stuff in your envionment and exploration, the main character would actually be kind of weak so you'd want to try and avoid combat situations when you can by making non lethal traps and a bit of stealth. 

The game would not be given any set up and you just find yourself waking up in this environment and have to work out how you got there and why  from searching the area, essentially it would be like a lost game mixed with a bit of Professor Layton (though the puzzles would relate more to what you are actually trying to do) 

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By Whisperkill

That sounds.... 

Are you like 14 or something?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Azteck

I don't know. The story doesn't sound appealing to me. I mean, sure, it's a twist on things but it just sounds like mindless violence, and not in a good way. Now, an Assassin's Creed in a GTA4 esque world is something I'd be somewhat interested in. But maybe with a good story, unlike GTA4.

Timmy_Wackford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Timmy_Wackford

Sounds.... appealing

Jeknod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jeknod

Isn't that the story for Driver: Parallell Lines?

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Metroid545
@BionicMonster: dudes icon is mickey gorging out his own eyes what did you expect :P
Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheCreamFilling

Intriguing, but I wouldn't buy it.

mcmets93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points