• 82 results
AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By AngelN7

No thanks I've no problems with the way EA is handling some of their products sure they're not doing the best job but this will not be the thing to make them improve.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#52  Edited By Hailinel

@AngelN7 said:

No thanks I've no problems with the way EA is handling some of their products sure they're not doing the best job but this will not be the thing to make them improve.

I think a Free to Play Madden would honestly be the best thing for that series at this point. Just allow everyone to buy roster updates, free agents, and terrible licensed soundtracks on a regular schedule. It wouldn't be any different than what they do now. :P

Zurgfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Zurgfrog

Its just unfathomable as to how someone could be in a position to buy EA

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By AngelN7

@Hailinel said:

@AngelN7 said:

I think a Free to Play Madden would honestly be the best thing for that series at this point. Just allow everyone to buy roster updates, free agents, and terrible licensed soundtracks on a regular schedule. It wouldn't be any different than what they do now. :P

Sure this is kinda funny but no... I know "EA is the worst company in america" and all that , for some reason I still don't think EA is doing something bad with their practices not thatI liked them or anything but hell I don't think Activision is doing that either but that's another issue, their recent "failures" in the minds of many customers that found dissapointing some of their latest releases dosn't mean that the company is doing something bad in itself they're not polluting the enviroment or using child labor just producing videogames that some people don't like that's really it ...

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Animasta

if they really wanted to get into the west or somethin they should just buy THQ

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Hailinel

@AngelN7 said:

@Hailinel said:

@AngelN7 said:

Sure this is kinda funny but no... I know "EA is the worst company in america" and all that , for some reason I still don't think EA is doing something bad with their practices not thatI liked them or anything but hell I don't think Activision is doing that either but that's another issue, their recent "failures" in the minds of many customers that found dissapointing some of their latest releases dosn't mean that the company is doing something bad in itself they're not polluting the enviroment or using child labor just producing videogames that some people don't like that's really it ...

I just like the idea of one of the biggest gaming companies out there getting straight up bought by a company I'd wager a large contingent of EA's target audience has never even heard of.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Aronman789

@Animasta said:

Saints Row online? That actually would be pretty awesome depending on how much freedom they gave you.

I would have a black market chain operating out of all the Tits and Grits.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Hey, everyone remember when Square Enix bought Eidos Interactive and completely overhauled the company and suddenly we got Tetsuyo Nomura designing Batman games? No?

That's because they were smart enough to leave Eidos the fuck alone. Because SE bought Eidos, that insured we got another Hitman in the pipe, a new Deus Ex, Thief 4 is coming, a new Tomb Raider that looks good, and a slew of other projects on the horizon that, for all intents and purposes, look like day one purchases.

If this were to happen (and I highly, highly doubt it), I wouldn't expect Nexon to fuck with EA's SOP at all. I imagine this MMO company is smart enough to leave it be.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Toxeia

@Hailinel: I'm assuming that Nexon would begin influencing their business models. "Western" publishers already seem to be nickle and diming people pretty hard with DLC, I don't want to imagine how bad it would get if they started pushing the Korean MMO models on them. I suppose ME3's already doing that with those unlocks that most likely don't even apply to your character's play style, so I might be wrong but I've just got a feeling about them.

I still want it to happen though, something about the prospect of it makes me so happy.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Turambar
@Animasta said:

Well, THQ does own the license for the MMO version of Warhammer 40k right?  I can see that happening with positive results.
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By napalm

But, why?

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Jay444111

@Animasta said:

Well... anyone could buy THQ at this point. All it takes is at least 1000 bucks to buy a 3/4 of the shares. I am only half joking here.

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By upwarDBound

@Turambar said:

@Brodehouse: Nexon is Korean.

Nexon's origins may lie in Korea, but their company headquarters are currently located in Tokyo.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DukesT3

According to a cbsnews.com article Nexon has a market cap in the tokyo stock market of $8.5billion while EA has $5.3billion and apparently the Nexon CFO used to be vice president of EA so yeah.. pretty fucking crazy if its possible.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Turambar
@LooseChange said:

According to a cbsnews.com article Nexon has a market cap in the tokyo stock market of $8.5billion while EA has $5.3billion and apparently the Nexon CFO used to be vice president of EA so yeah.. pretty fucking crazy if its possible.

Ok, now that is pretty crazy.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Hailinel

@Turambar said:

@LooseChange said:

Ok, now that is pretty crazy.

That's a lot of money spent on free to play games.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Karkarov

Nexon already has a US branch, they don't need to "buy their way in" to do business in america. In fact they already have a ton of MMO's released over here beyond Maple Story which wasn't even their first....

ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ArcLyte

If fucking NEXON buys EA, then that will be proof that we live in bizarro world.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#70  Edited By Brendan

Wait, what? Nexon is big enough to be able to buy EA? What rock have I been under??

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Hailinel
BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By BrockNRolla

I would honestly be interested to see this happen. It would be a huge shake-up in the industry, and maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing. Who knows what crazy shit might result.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By AngelN7

@Turambar said:

Pachter made a statement saying this can't happen. Alright, shows over everyone, lets go home.

If there's one thing I'll give Pacter credit for was the Wii U he was constantly saying that Nintendo needed a Wii HD wich of course they need it!, is gonna happen like 3 years after he said "it's gonna be this year" but at least he got something right I don't know why he keeps this prediction stuff , I can see now how funny it would be for a company that many people don't know anything about to just swoop in and buy EA "top dog" publisher.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#74  Edited By Phatmac

God no.. EA isn't that great, but don't get that Mapple Story shit near EA. I hope this doesn't happen..

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By NekuSakuraba

How the hell can Nexon afford EA?

This just in: Gameloft buy Nintendo.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#76  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Pretty clear this isn't likely.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#77  Edited By Matfei90
@alanm26v5 said:

Oddly enough, my first thought when hearing about the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer packs was the Maple Story cash shop.

Foreshadowing. The story writers planned it all along!
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Ravenlight

So Nexon wants to buy EA

You can do that?

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#79  Edited By jonnyboy

Do Nexon have to pre-order and Like this acquisition on Facebook to unlock everything in the company?

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Turambar said:

Pachter made a statement saying this can't happen. Alright, shows over everyone, lets go home.

Oh my- he did? >_>

@Hailinel said:

@Turambar said:

You do realize that this means that Nexon will likely seal the deal with EA before the end of next month. :P

Whelp- sorry everyone, Patcher's jinxed it. You all have someone to blame now. :P

...... Well alright- he's only proven to be off base with his predictions most of the time, so the benefit of the doubt remains. :P

ANYWAY... Neither side is outright denying the talks occurred- but they aren't confirming what the 'talks' were about. People in forums like these seem to have a tendency to underestimate just how amazingly successful F2P has become... But whether it's already powerful enough to do a move like this remains to be seen.

So I'm currently betting that these 'talks' ended up being about something completely different. Either that- or its just a completely random rumor made purely to manipulate stock prices. :P

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#81  Edited By meteora

The very thought of that baffles me. I never knew Nexon was just as big or bigger than EA.

wastedcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By wastedcolumbo