• 70 results
#1 Posted by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -

Where else do you go to get your gaming fix?

I use Joystiq for my news and bob in and out of GameTrailers for video stuff. Also some youtube channels I'm subbed to, Total Biscuit etc.

#2 Edited by notdavid (842 posts) -

I've been going to Kotaku.

Sue me.

#3 Edited by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -

@notdavid: *hiss* unclean. Joystiq is my alternative for Kotaku. Although the McElroy kid's left so it's less cool these days.

#4 Posted by Jams (2966 posts) -

I keep refreshing PCgamer but nothing fun is showing up. :(

Maybe I'll try trolling around on the bbs some more?

It's going to be another long week isn't it?

#5 Posted by periahdark (117 posts) -

I'm a huge fan of Polygon. I visit their site probably just as much as I visit Giant Bomb.

#6 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (6012 posts) -

I go to IGN and Joystiq for news.

#7 Posted by RVonE (4704 posts) -

Steam. For games.

#8 Edited by BlatantNinja23 (928 posts) -

Polygon is the only site i actually visit.

#9 Posted by FLStyle (4927 posts) -
#10 Posted by vegetashonor (660 posts) -

@razielcuts: I'll go anywhere but rooster teeth. That place is full of too much ego nowadays

#11 Edited by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

Giant Bomb seems to be on a hiatus all the time. :) Forums and other news sites help me stay informed. I came here for the fun and weird videos they used to make. Now Giant Bomb makes less of everything.

#12 Edited by davo (141 posts) -

Steam.

#13 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

I click on the links that are shared on this forum.

#14 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4833 posts) -

For content: old GiantBomb videos and random youtubers I think don't suck like 2BFs, LAGtv, MaximusBlack, RoosterTeeth, and maybe a few others.

As far as news, I never really used GB as a news site. I just use Joystiqs and Destructoids RSS feeds...

#15 Posted by shadowchronicle (12 posts) -

Polygon and IGN. Mostly Polygon though as a friend introduced it to me and I thought the layout was clean and organized. No loading errors either.

#16 Posted by SSully (4342 posts) -

I go to Polygon for my new's fix more then Giantbomb. They occasionally have decent video features.

#17 Edited by ripelivejam (4919 posts) -

counting the hours until my precious bioshock infinite unlocks :'(

#18 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

I agree, pollygon has very few errors, btw is there Sim City review still a 5 or was it a 6 I dont even remember.

#19 Edited by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

@babychoochoo said:

For content: old GiantBomb videos and random youtubers I think don't suck like 2BFs, LAGtv, MaximusBlack, RoosterTeeth, and maybe a few others.

As far as news, I never really used GB as a news site. I just use Joystiqs and Destructoids RSS feeds...

Yup. I thought that would change at least a little with Scoops coming in, but nope. Most news is forwarded from other websites and once in a while we get an article. Once a week? I prefer Giant Bomb to focus more on making fun video game related videos like their Endurance Runs, their older Quick Looks and shoulders down interviews with people in the industry. I like their Co-op with Gamespot for the weekly new releases show.

#20 Posted by TheHT (11838 posts) -

i've just been watching twin peaks, playing neverwinter, and watching stuff on the PAX twitch.

#21 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

ive been playing way too much gears of war: judgement, really enjoying it personally.

#22 Edited by cloudnineboya (849 posts) -

Giantbomb and Eurogamer are my only to- go gaming sites, so that would be it?.

#23 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (394 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

Same here, I ended up installing Bioshock 1 and running through it on easy! It's no substitute, but it'll have to do for now.

#24 Posted by coribald (315 posts) -

1up used to be the place, may it rest in peace.

#25 Edited by Pr1mus (3956 posts) -

Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Joystiq

Destructoid

#26 Posted by ripelivejam (4919 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

Same here, I ended up installing Bioshock 1 and running through it on easy! It's no substitute, but it'll have to do for now.

i'm only past the lazarus vector part. i don't think i can beat it in time. :(

#27 Edited by Alekss (327 posts) -

Reading a bunch of Digital Foundry/Eurogamer articles.

#28 Posted by Humanity (10141 posts) -

Nowhere really. I don't care about news as much as fun content. Sometimes I drop in to GameTrailers to watch a review, but mostly just to see a lot of gameplay footage rather than hear any constructive criticism.

#29 Posted by Shaunage (733 posts) -

Nowhere. If I don't hear about it here, I probably don't care about it.

#30 Posted by Will_M (346 posts) -

If I'm looking for news to read, I usually hit up Polygon. I've also been trying to support the dudes over at Gamespot but their video content is hit or miss. Plus they seem to have a lot of "filler" videos along with all that E-SPORTS! crap.

Revision3.com/games also has a lot of video content. If anything, it's worth watching some of Adam Sessler's new shows. They also have the Destructoid Show which is... ok? sometimes?

#31 Posted by Darson (450 posts) -

I go to this one website about video games. It's called Gian- oh fuck.

Yep

#32 Edited by CptBedlam (4460 posts) -

NeoGaf, occasionally Destructoid and RPS.

Boggles my mind that someone would really visit IGN. I do understand that people visit Polygon though. They sometimes have nice feature stories and it's necessary to check those evolving review scores once in a while. You never know what's the latest score for a game.

#33 Edited by Winternet (8060 posts) -

Giant Bomb fills all of my gaming needs. All of it.

But, I do occasionally check out an article on one of these other web sites people talk about. No one specific.

#34 Posted by TobbRobb (4853 posts) -

I watch, play or read something when GB isn't filling those needs. No need for more internet in a day.

#35 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

Gamespot, Polygon, Eurogamer, Neogaf. Always plenty to read in the end.

#36 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I read bad light novels and check Joystiq every now and again.

#37 Posted by Winternet (8060 posts) -

I failed to mention before, but twitter. That's my 2nd place after GB.

#38 Posted by ajamafalous (12166 posts) -

Forums and twitter? That's where I regularly get my news anyway.

As far as staying occupied when I'm not busy with work: Dota, whether it be playing or watching tourneys.

#39 Posted by expensiveham (291 posts) -

RPS, Destructoid and /v/.

#40 Edited by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Joystiq usually for news, or just random youtube channels im subbed to.

#41 Posted by Nickieroonie (135 posts) -

The answer is obvious:

Gamebomb.ru.

#42 Posted by konig_kei (670 posts) -

Giant bomb Is the only place I consume video game content. Ive been spending most of my time looking at my steam list deciding what to play, downloading games then uninstalling them. Need some content......need it! Soon!

#43 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

I just fall back on old quick looks. That community made filter with a Vinny reverse filter, watching whatever picks my fancy, that's a good setup. I've only just managed to get to the "HD" era of GB.

Other than that, I normally browse a bunch of major sites for news; IGN, Gamespot, Gamersyde, GameInformer.

For extra video content, I also follow DevilDogGamer on youtube and there's usually a bit to watch from him when GB is low on content.

Honestly, I don't really change my pattern when GB is radio silent, except for not consuming new GB content obviously.

#44 Edited by djou (878 posts) -

Strange enough, I'm using the extra time to actually play video games.

#45 Posted by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -

Yes, I will say since the Sess joined Rev3Games their content has got much better (at least the content with Adam in). Adam has always been great and I feel with Rev3 he can be the master of his own destiny and set the tone of the content.

I want to check out Polygon but I'm conflicted about supporting their douchey ways, the initial guns blazing 'fuck everyone else, we're doing it right' attitude with 'Press Reset' and then hearing about the SimCity score change when they shouldn't of really put out a review of an always online game until it was released and working (or not) in the public arena. Then again what am I getting from that other than denying myself what could be interesting content?

#46 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Giant Bomb's the only content I'm interested in and Rock Paper Shotgun does a good job of posting the news I'd want to know.

Other than that I just actually, y'know, play video games.

#47 Posted by Rafaelfc (1470 posts) -

Catching up on 8-4 play's podcasts while blazing through Dark Souls' new game plus

#48 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3791 posts) -

I do everything. My favroites are: Rebel FM, Kotaku, Polygon, GameSpot, Complex VideoGames, IGN, Rev3Games, Destructoid, HipHopGamer, and TechnoBufffalo.

Yup.

#49 Edited by AssInAss (2749 posts) -

@razielcuts said:

Where else do you go to get your gaming fix?

I use Joystiq for my news and bob in and out of GameTrailers for video stuff. Also some youtube channels I'm subbed to, Total Biscuit etc.

NeoGAF (am a member there), Rock Paper Shotgun, Revision3, Gametrailers, Gamespot videos (love Danny O'Dwyer, Johnny Chiodini), Gamersyde.

#50 Edited by EnduranceFun (1109 posts) -

VGCW, Game Center CX. Unrelated to video games, I've been watching a lot of Batsu Games and am a big fan of DragonBall Z Abridged. The former is how I've recently spent most of my time in place of watching Giant Bomb videos.