• 102 results
#1 Edited by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

Well, I just got a message from [PSN] claiming that I they are giving me 10 dollars for being a loyal user. I'm not sure if this is a legit gift from Sony or some type of new phishing scheme. Anyone else get these? Is it legit? Makes sense for me to get this at midnight on the day they are going to announce some big Playstation related news. Cool marketing tactic, guys.

#2 Edited by EVO (3941 posts) -

Most likely fake. Post a pic of the message or transcribe it here.

Legit, though I haven't received it yet. Fingers crossed.

#3 Posted by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

Actually, it is legit. Sony did give a lot of people $10. This is the beginning of today's events. It is an obvious attempt to start up a wave of positivity to the brand.

#4 Posted by alanm26v5 (463 posts) -

I wonder what the criteria is because I just checked and didn't get anything.

#5 Posted by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

It isn't being a PS+ member, I can confirm that.

#6 Edited by Aetheldod (3723 posts) -

0_0 oh my oh my does tht means ...no PS4 and this is a preemptive strike from them???? That would be sweet :3 ... also will check in a moment ...

#7 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

From the NeoGAF thread:

I've also received $10 in PSN credit for being a loyal customer. This is legitimate and it's awesome.

@aetheldod said:

0_0 oh my oh my does tht means ...no PS4 and this is a preemptive strike from them???? That would be sweet :3 ... also will check in a moment ...

No, that doesn't make any sense.

#8 Posted by Aetheldod (3723 posts) -

Well it seems I dint got it ... probably a regional thing :/

#9 Posted by Rikus (8 posts) -

I can confirm this is legit and I am from Canada! Just got the $10 dollars and put it into my wallet on the PSN store. Check out this form topic on the playstation forums, seems like lots of folks got it:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/Free-10-credit-from-PSN-for-being-loyal/td-p/39592133/jump-to/first-unread-message

Pretty awesome of Sony actually:)

#10 Edited by Miketakon (514 posts) -

Softening that no BC blow.

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (15148 posts) -

Weird I wonder how long you've had to had an active PSN account?

#12 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

Some people have apparently had their PS3s since day 1 and they haven't received the voucher.

#13 Edited by Kinapuff (244 posts) -

Just checked my account, got 10 bucks as well. Awesome.

#14 Edited by Demoskinos (15148 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

Some people have apparently had their PS3s since day 1 and they haven't received the voucher.

I wonder if its a threshold of money spent on the PSN store then? You generally a big spender on the store?

#15 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3489 posts) -

How does one qualify for the reward?

#16 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

I wonder if its a threshold of money spent on the PSN store then? You generally a big spender on the store?

Maybe? I'm observing the NeoGAF thread and I'm not sure that's what it is based on some accounts, but since I got my Vita I've spent a fair amount of money on the PSN Store.

#17 Edited by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

@demoskinos: My girlfriend didn't get one, and she has probably spent anywhere from 150-200 dollars on PSN. That may not be what determines it.

#18 Posted by Natedogg2 (457 posts) -

I just got mine. Pretty sweet. I kinda want to hear their explanation, or if they're just trying to get their name out there a bit before before the announcement.

#19 Posted by DarthOrange (3893 posts) -

I didn't get shit and I am as active a PSN user as anyone :(

I doubt it is money related, I have probably spent well over $500 in the PSN store between my PS3, PSP Go and Vita.

#20 Posted by liquiddragon (271 posts) -

I got it :D

Seems random but pretty sweet.

#21 Posted by spiceninja (3070 posts) -

It's legit, I got one too. Bought Odin Sphere with it. I haven't purchased many games on PSN but I've been a PS+ user for almost a year. Not sure why they chose me.

#22 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3811 posts) -

I'll start up a theory, how about Noby Noby Boy.

#23 Posted by Happenstance (468 posts) -

Does it just seem to be US users that are getting it so far?

#24 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Dont leave us, pretty please

#25 Posted by TheHT (11785 posts) -

Does it just seem to be US users that are getting it so far?

Just checked and I got one too here in Canada.

#26 Edited by Kinapuff (244 posts) -
#27 Posted by Happenstance (468 posts) -

@theht: Im just hoping that EU users will get them too at some point

#28 Posted by Zleunamme (704 posts) -

I got the message at midnight and I am reluctant to open it. I can't remember how much money I have spent but I had the the same account since 2008. I'm also at level 13 in the trophy collection. I don't know it that has anything to do with. I am not PS+ subscriber. I only used the two week trial - including the two free games - after PSN when down two years ago.

#29 Posted by Winternet (8053 posts) -

They've gotta start somewhere.

#30 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I got nada on my US account that I use for my Vita.

Fuck.

#31 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

Trying to soften the blow and backlash against the announcement that you'll have to pay to play online on PS4

#32 Posted by Humanity (10070 posts) -

As a token of their appreciation they should overhaul the entire XMB and include cross game chat

#33 Posted by MikeJFlick (444 posts) -

@extreme_popcorn: I highly doubt that, I guarantee free online was a huge selling point of the PS3 and a reason why the PS3 has now outsold the 360.

#34 Posted by WalkerD (460 posts) -

Bummer, didn't get anything. I regularly buy shit and I'm a PS+ member too. I'm entitled to free money dammit.

#35 Posted by Dacnomaniac (444 posts) -

Nothing for me from the UK...

#36 Posted by GS_Dan (1397 posts) -

Nothing here in the UK...

#37 Posted by Weltal (2275 posts) -

Where's my money, Sony?!

#38 Posted by Wraxend (570 posts) -

Same, nothing in the UK.

#39 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3489 posts) -

A big, whomping nada.

#40 Posted by malrock (7 posts) -

Hmm, haven't gotten anything either. Would have been nice to use on Generation of Chaos

#41 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11395 posts) -

Ugh, of course this has to happen when I'm at college, and can't check my PS3!

Oh well.

#42 Posted by Tearhead (2214 posts) -

I got it. Thanks Sony! Wonder how they determine who is "loyal" though...

#43 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

@tearhead said:

Have you at any point in your life made a blood sacrifice to the ghost of Ken Kutaragi?

#44 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -

Anyone from scandinavia gotten it? Or maybe too early :/....

#45 Posted by PhilipDuck (569 posts) -

Nothing for me in UK, and I've been on PS+ for about 8 months.. i bought all of the Walking Dead episodes but that is about it on the store and the odd PS1 classic. EU PlayStation doesn't seem to be offering anything...

#46 Edited by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Bought the 60gb on launch day and spent more money than should be possible on the psn, got psplus on both my ps3 and vita

Not sure if that counts as loyal but i got nothing so far, sat in UK

#47 Posted by Kidavenger (3628 posts) -

PSN had a promo in January, spend $50, get a $10 credit, they've done it the last couple of months.

#48 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

Sweet, I hope I get $10. I want to grab Okami HD.

#49 Edited by malrock (7 posts) -

@kidavenger: Ah, makes sense. I did the one they did back in November I think it was? So this $10 people are getting now is because they spent $50 in January?

#50 Edited by Tearhead (2214 posts) -

@funkasaurasrex said:

@tearhead said:

Have you at any point in your life made a blood sacrifice to the ghost of Ken Kutaragi?

Well, yeah... I thought everyone had to when you bought a PS3. That ceremony took a weird turn when everyone started chanting "Gaming is my religion, and Haze is the shit!".