• 66 results
planetary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By planetary

In the absence of video game content, more of the "Building a Bigger Bomb" would be quite welcome, to the maximum extent possible.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#52  Edited By Humanity

@LiquidSwords said:

This thread, every week

To play the devils advocate (I saw someone use this term recently right on these boards!) theres probably a reason why this thread gets made by a random user every week.

Completely agree that is has been a super rocky time for the guys.

On the other hand it seems like this whole thing was organized over 48 hours rather than several months. It's kinda crazy that after months of negotiating they moved into the Gamespot offices and they have no TV's, no consoles, no mics, no cameras, literally just desks and MacBooks.

I'm sure it will pick up, and the Bombcast with Vinny this week was not only early but freaking excellent. After that Ryan, Patrick and Brad only Bombcast I was really starting to get the shakes but this week made it all worthwhile. God bless you Vinny.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Gizmo

@seanfoster said:

There's not much we can do but wait for them to get back up to where they were before the purchase.

I doubt it'd happen, but I kind of wish they'd just add an extra month or two to the subscription of any premium users the way Blizzard would throw a day or two onto a World of Warcraft account when they experienced unexpected server downtime.

Good idea, +1 this.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By cyraxible

Man, I just wish they'd post that livestream of Dave and Alexis that was on Friday...

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By FengShuiGod

On the recent ILM they talked about having a bunch of stuff to put up, like some live streams and PAX stuff and some sledgehammer stuff, but they are having trouble getting things together. They recently moved, Drew went on vacation, Vinny had a baby, Ryan was out for at least Monday, Jeff went to Rome, Dave has been slaving away at site redesign, Patrick has been running video stuff, and it is well known that Brad doesn't do anything and will shortly be leaving anyways so what the fuck does he care.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By rentfn

I'm excited to read about Ryan's thoughts on the indie games he played.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Toxin066

@TheHumanDove said:

We can help them by raising our hands and sending them our spirit energy

Done.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By Vonocourt

Did you just start visiting this website during the fall rush? Dry spots are a common occurrence on Giantbomb, even without the whole buyout.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#59  Edited By Julmust

Yes, I would also like some more content. It could just be random office videos, that'd be cool!

But still, it's been a weird time for all of them recently.

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Slab64

The main thing I'm comforted by is how pumped Vinny was to get down to business again in his video diary thing that he put up. He sounds mega serious about putting videos on web pages and getting shit done, regardless of family stuff he has going on.

Speaking of which, I wonder if his dad is gonna be in town soon to see the new baby? They should totally do a video or podcast with him!

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By wjb
  • Hardly any games, or games worth covering extensively (they still do QLs of most of the games that do come out)
  • Vinny and Drew gone
  • PAX
  • The move
  • Can't do Random PC Game without Vinny (or a PC)
  • Can't do Load Your Last Save without Vinny or Drew
  • They just did an Endurance Run and probably won't see another one for months
  • Just did a Breaking Bad, something they only do once in a while (probably so Brad won't go insane)
  • Brad doing another video like The Darkness one was poorly received, but it would help if he tried again with less negativity and less Dave/Patrick being bored
  • TANG has been dead for a while, and Ryan covered mostly everything except maybe the last Resident Evil film
  • Radio Dave is something that happens on occasion, but I wish it was a weekly thing
  • Jeff still does Jar Time, but it relies on us asking him questions
  • TNT still happens, but there isn't a ton of games worth playing lately (they could bust out classics, though)
  • No more Happy Hour
  • There hasn't been any launches or anniversaries since the Vita, so no extensive coverage or day-long marathons
  • No MMOs dying since Galaxies

Granted, the lack of content sucks, but it will get better.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#62  Edited By pyromagnestir

While I understand there are legitimate reasons for the dearth of content lately, it ultimately means I spend more time browsing the forums than usual, and that doesn't go well for anybody involved. Here's hoping they're up and running again real soon.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TentPole

Another slow week... sigh.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Brunchies

What does the new office look like, I've seen no videos of it.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By Skald

That's why I spend most of my time reading Polygon. I mean, I like this site, but I like actual content more.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#67  Edited By Humanity

@RenMcKormack said:

@FinalDasa: Same here. Its just weird that everyone gets quick to clamp down on threads like this, I'm not saying you. Let me play advocate for the OP, if I can, its not like this is like a fan run blog, I mean the website is their job right? I don't mean to be a pain in the ass. And they do have legit reasons for being slow in that both their video guys are gone. But its been a month plus and its like CBSi was surprised they bought a website to the extent that computers arent bought yet? But like, take a hand camera and show us why its so tough to compress video or record a quicklook. Day9 is like a guy and he, on his own, puts out like an hour of live content almost every day. I figure if GB is focused on letting the fans IN to the PROCESS then, let the fans into the process, otherwise we just end up speculating as to why is it so hard to play skull girls for 30 minutes on video? you know what I mean?

This guy knows whats up.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By YoThatLimp

@Hizang said:

Allow me to redirect you to the 1000+ videos in there backlog.

Maybe your backlog.

Oh god, have I really spent that much time on GB...