• 67 results
sofakingcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By sofakingcool

Not complaining, just speculating; where has all the content gone? Maybe we have been spoiled and I know the guys are transitioning to a new system but its been a month and I am seriously grasping for straws. Need quick looks, need TANG or something, need more shenanigans in general. Thoughts GB community? Can we help them out somehow?

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheHumanDove

We can help them by raising our hands and sending them our spirit energy

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheKramer89

Vinny's back and they just got a PC. And they're about to start dropping some PAX stuff on us. Stay tuned...

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I feel like they've been doing more office videos lately.

And they're still getting used to the new office. Give it time. The content will come.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By crusader8463

Site feels like it's been less than stellar since the buy out, save for a few bits here and there. They keep saying it's because they are still waiting for new equipment, and they have been without both their video guys for awhile to boot, but who knows. Now that Vinny is back and they finally got a PC hopefully things will kick in again, but with Vinny's home life now being all about the baby for some time I doubt Vinny is going to be able to put too much focus on the site. Time will tell.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jrinswand

Well, they're still settling in to their new office and Vinny just had a baby. Chill out while they get their lives and business in order.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BraveToaster

I think you should be patient.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Codeacious

Giant Bomb has been going through a hell of a ride lately- Vinny's baby, an office change, all their gear gone, Drew on vacation...

It'll come back. Just wait.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By rjayb89

CBS is screening their content before they go up on the site. It usually takes a month or more before it comes up, if they're approved of course. I know this because I actually don't.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SlightConfuse

Here is the crew busting a wall down

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By sparklykiss

@TheHumanDove said:

We can help them by raising our hands and sending them our spirit energy

I like this idea. The image in my head is hysterical.

But as others have stated, changing job locations and having to replace equipment can be a bit overwhelming. Combine that with them having to rush off for events at the same time while also being short on staff because of needed vacation time and a baby, you have to understand it's going to be harder to get into the groove. Last I checked, they were still remodeling the offices to suit them better as well. Can only work and do so much so fast. So just be a bit more patient. :)

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Well GDC happened around the same time as the buy out (although it's been going on for a bit behind the scenes its immediate affects were around then). They had to move to a new office and settle in. They had to get new equipment. Vinny had a baby shortly after that and Jeff had to go to Rome. PAX East happened. Drew went on vacation. To top it off for the past month and a half there were only 4 or 5 games actually worth talking about that wasn't ME3.

sofakingcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sofakingcool

@SlightConfuse: hell yea! I guess they havn't heard of a Sawzall

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Nux

@SlightConfuse said:

We need more of this on the site.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bribo

I get your frustration. Look at Tested.com as an example of a smooth transition. In comparison, it's like a guy in a pickup shovelled the unconscious bodies of Giant Bomb crew off the back of the truck in front of the Gamespot office.

Personally, I am enjoying their inept efforts at turning this thing into a website all over again.

Of course, it is a website. In this narrative I've written in my head, Dave Snider arrived by helicopter.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@SlightConfuse said:

That seems like an inefficient way to take down a wall. I approve.

@Bribo said:

I get your frustration. Look at Tested.com as an example of a smooth transition.

The craziest part is that while the GB crew is in the CBSI building, Will and Norm have been working out of their houses. The last few weeks of their podcast have been recorded in Will's house, and yet they are putting up more content than before! (Well, I haven't counted, but it seems like more.)

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By FinalDasa

@SlightConfuse: Oh man does Jeff have one good swing.

@Sparklykiss: Patience? NEVER! I demand my free content right now! Or else I'll go somewhere else for my free content. Free.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18  Edited By JasonR86

They're probably busy. Give it time.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By SSully

@MooseyMcMan: It is much more. Will and Norm used to average about a video, 2 if lucky, a week. Plus maybe an article or two a piece a week. Now they easily buy up an article or more a day and seemed to have getting 2 or more videos a week.

sofakingcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sofakingcool

@FinalDasa: It's not free for you or me.... see the subscriber icon? derpa derp

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheKramer89

I'm surprised to say that I was most impressed with Jeff's form with that sledge over the other GB dudes. Vinny and Brad were disappointing, and Patrick... was terrible, as expected. That wasn't Alexis(sp?) at the end, was it?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FinalDasa

@sofakingcool: QLs, reviews, TANG, and the majority of their content is absolutely free.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheKramer89: You didn't enjoy Patrick's running start? I wanna play that part in slow motion and play ROOOOOOOOLLING STAAAAAAAAAAART from Daytona USA over it.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bribo

Brad Shoemaker - approprialtely dressed, focussing his blows, getting the job done.

Ryan MacDonald - a latter day John Henry.

Next time I need someone to level a mountain for me, I know who to call.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By Brendan

Too many things happened at the same time. I don't want to be a judgmental asshole, but it seems like now wasn't the perfect time for Drew to take a vacation, and that maybe he should have waited until Vinny got back.

I dunno, maybe too much other stuff was also holding everyone back that there was no point, and it was the perfect time. I agree with the sentiment that they didn't workflow through this period enough to be prepared to keep stuff coming more than they have.

It's also kind of a dead period for new games around this time, so honestly I bet that's the biggest culprit of this situation.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LiquidSwords

This thread, every week

Phyrlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Phyrlord

I like the forums here and really love the pod cast, but I definitely noticed that this site posts as much content in one month as most sites do in one day. But I'm new here so I'm not sure about the history of the site.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By alternate

@Bribo said:

I get your frustration. Look at Tested.com as an example of a smooth transition. In comparison, it's like a guy in a pickup shovelled the unconscious bodies of Giant Bomb crew off the back of the truck in front of the Gamespot office.

Are you shitting me? Their ugly website is still totally broken and most of their content is regurgitated aggregate. They flipped the switch from Will & Norm's Tested to "Tested brought to you by Adam and Jamie" overnight - and new users were greeted by a forum full of angry fans symultaniously shitting the bed. I am still a fan but to hold that up as a successful transition is madness and even Will admitted that mistakes were made.

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dogma

@LiquidSwords said:

This thread, every week

This right here. Why does this thread have to coem up every damn week? For being such a slowe game period right now and counting all the craziness that goes on at Giantbomb right now I am very impressed of how much content they are able to deliver. I honestly don't think we are very low on content even. It comes in bursts htough but that have happened before too. Chill out. I too wish for some more content to fill my day but I never run out and nag or demand it from the guys. They are very likely doing their best.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By alternate

@Dogma said:

@LiquidSwords said:

This thread, every week

This right here. Why does this thread have to coem up every damn week? For being such a slowe game period right now and counting all the craziness that goes on at Giantbomb right now I am very impressed of how much content they are able to deliver. I honestly don't think we are very low on content even. It comes in bursts htough but that have happened before too. Chill out. I too wish for some more content to fill my day but I never run out and nag or demand it from the guys. They are very likely doing their best.

To be fair the guys realise they are not putting out enough content - especially member stuff, Vinny says almost as much in his video.

That said, it isn't for want of trying and making multiple threads about it is not going to rebuild their production pipeline any faster.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gkhan

It would be really nice to see some more of Breaking Brad Doom II edition...

Then again, on the Tested podcast, they mentioned that Giant Bomb is trying to get Will into the office for another Running of the Lanterns, and that shit is fucking gold. I guess I'll be patient.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By laserbolts

@TheKramer89 said:

I'm surprised to say that I was most impressed with Jeff's form with that sledge over the other GB dudes. Vinny and Brad were disappointing, and Patrick... was terrible, as expected. That wasn't Alexis(sp?) at the end, was it?

He did enjoy red faction guerrilla so the man knows what he's doing.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By sweep  Moderator

It's fucking April. What the fuck happens in April?

Nothing, that's what.

Even content on Kotaku is pathetic right now, and they have no shame in scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Xeirus

@isnipeyoudie said:

Giant Bomb has been going through a hell of a ride lately- Vinny's baby, an office change, all their gear gone, Drew on vacation...

It'll come back. Just wait.

Yeah, I thought they made it pretty clear this was the case. People have selective hearing.

Drakoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Drakoji

OMG HOW CAN YOU GUYS BE SOOOO ENTITLED.

/IGN

Honestly, you should give the duders some time to settle in at the CBSi offices.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jimbo

A game coming out between March and September might help.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By renmckormack

@FinalDasa said:

@SlightConfuse: Oh man does Jeff have one good swing.

@Sparklykiss: Patience? NEVER! I demand my free content right now! Or else I'll go somewhere else for my free content. Free.

technically you paid 50 bucks for it.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Drebin_893

This thread coming up every week is almost as annoying as the people who claim there's no shortage of content and everything's incredible right now. Guys, it's fine to be realistic and say there's not enough content at the moment, because there's really clearly not. I'm sure the staff would readily admit that.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FinalDasa

@RenMcKormack: I paid $50 to support this awesome website. I didn't expect anything in return, those premium videos and live shows are icing on the cake that is being a GB member for me.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I'd assume you know what's up with the site of late if you care that much about more content, so it should be pretty obvious why there hasn't been much. You'd also know that Vinny is back, they have a PC, albeit temporarily, and things are starting to finally come together for the duders so they can focus more on producing video.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By renmckormack

@FinalDasa: Same here. Its just weird that everyone gets quick to clamp down on threads like this, I'm not saying you. Let me play advocate for the OP, if I can, its not like this is like a fan run blog, I mean the website is their job right? I don't mean to be a pain in the ass. And they do have legit reasons for being slow in that both their video guys are gone. But its been a month plus and its like CBSi was surprised they bought a website to the extent that computers arent bought yet? But like, take a hand camera and show us why its so tough to compress video or record a quicklook. Day9 is like a guy and he, on his own, puts out like an hour of live content almost every day. I figure if GB is focused on letting the fans IN to the PROCESS then, let the fans into the process, otherwise we just end up speculating as to why is it so hard to play skull girls for 30 minutes on video? you know what I mean?

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42  Edited By HadesTimes

I believe that they have mentioned on multiple occasions that they are still waiting for the rest of their equipment and people keep going on vacation and such. So I would say just wait a month or so. I'm sure everything will be back to normal soon.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#43  Edited By Hizang

Allow me to redirect you to the 1000+ videos in there backlog.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Bocam

@Hizang: 5,674 Videos to be specific

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FinalDasa

@RenMcKormack: I can certainly agree with some of that viewpoint for sure. I've had a day or two on GB where I wonder why no videos went up at all. But then again they are going under some crazy transitions. We still get the bombcast, a couple of QLs, and plenty of articles. So its not 100% dry of content.

So I guess it's just an issue of when your patience runs out. Also I lump people who complain about lack of content with people who complain not having an endurance run, aka scum of the Earth :D

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By supamon

@RenMcKormack said:

@FinalDasa: Same here. Its just weird that everyone gets quick to clamp down on threads like this, I'm not saying you. Let me play advocate for the OP, if I can, its not like this is like a fan run blog, I mean the website is their job right? I don't mean to be a pain in the ass. And they do have legit reasons for being slow in that both their video guys are gone. But its been a month plus and its like CBSi was surprised they bought a website to the extent that computers arent bought yet? But like, take a hand camera and show us why its so tough to compress video or record a quicklook. Day9 is like a guy and he, on his own, puts out like an hour of live content almost every day. I figure if GB is focused on letting the fans IN to the PROCESS then, let the fans into the process, otherwise we just end up speculating as to why is it so hard to play skull girls for 30 minutes on video? you know what I mean?

I know what you mean.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MooseyMcMan said:

Give it time.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Shh, no tears...

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SeanFoster

There's not much we can do but wait for them to get back up to where they were before the purchase.

I doubt it'd happen, but I kind of wish they'd just add an extra month or two to the subscription of any premium users the way Blizzard would throw a day or two onto a World of Warcraft account when they experienced unexpected server downtime.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RazielCuts

@MooseyMcMan: Yeah the handycam vids are the easiest to shit out. Hell to be honest, ALL their video content bar the GOTY vids are easy to poop out, no editing just bumper at the front, go. Its all compression really.

@SlightConfuse: Man, why was this not put up on the GB site!! I wondered why Brad was talking about being sore from sledgehammering on the podcast.