Steam, why it is the bane of my wallet.....

blaze503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By blaze503

With the Steam sale on right now i am constantly being tempted to buy things, and because there is no physical trade of money there is no guilt associated with spending the money. So far i have limited myself to only buying a few of the discounted content but one of my friends has spent about 150 pounds ($250) just on Steam. So as much as i enjoy Steam and enjoy the service, it is a terrible thing to have sitting there and tempting you with its discounts. 

blaze503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By blaze503

With the Steam sale on right now i am constantly being tempted to buy things, and because there is no physical trade of money there is no guilt associated with spending the money. So far i have limited myself to only buying a few of the discounted content but one of my friends has spent about 150 pounds ($250) just on Steam. So as much as i enjoy Steam and enjoy the service, it is a terrible thing to have sitting there and tempting you with its discounts. 

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By adam_grif

Resident Evil 5 for 26 dollars, Left 4 Dead for 8 dollars, Entire THQ collection still only 50 fracking dollars.

I'm lucky I actually have any money right now, I spent the last of it on AC2 the other day. If I had any left, it would be gone.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond

I don't know, but I don't find most of these 'deals' hard to resist.  Maybe it's because I already own some of the titles, but ask yourself 'Do I really want to play this game', or better yet 'Will I actually play this game?'.  I was thinking of buying stuff like KOTOR for $2.50, but I've already played the game through once on Xbox 1 and once on PC, and I don't even think I'd ever download it again!  Same for Far Cry 2, I own it on 360 and I've gotten kind of bored of it.  Would I want to download and play it on PC?  Probably not.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4  Edited By Geno

I know what you're talking about. Personally I've been through this before with Steam (spent over $200 on last holiday sale) so this time I'm limiting myself to a $100 budget with this one. It's hard. 

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I get tempted, having the ability to get a game just a click away. I just try to ignore the sales, as if I wanted the game I probably would have gotten it already.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By adam_grif

Remember: a bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#7  Edited By falconer

I totally know what you're talking about. I saw Plants vs. Zombies on sale and I didn't even hesitate. I would probably be buying more if I had more than a couple bucks to my name, but I resist temptation unless they're around 5 dollars.

lukeyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lukeyk

I know excatly what your talking about luckily I only have like 20£ to spend so im choosing wisely from their sales.
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Hamst3r

Pickin' up Resident Evil 5 and Ghostbusters. I got GRiD the other day. I've been wanting those for a while, so it's nice to get 'em at discount. :)
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Dalai

I was close to buying Dead Space for $15, but I blew too much money on games this fall with Left 4 Dead 2, NSMBWii, Borderlands, etc.  I did pick up Osmos for $2... I can afford that.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422

Right now mainly, Im waiting to see if Torchlight drops at all in the last days. If not I will buy it anyway, but if it did then I would snatch it up right there.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thecleric

Waiting it out, I just KNOW of the next 2 days Risen and Tropico 3 are going to end up on sale.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

That's why I just ignore Steam as much as possible.  = D 

Also, your wallet isn't the one affected.  Your bank account, maybe...