Tackling the Endurance Run for the first time...

Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By Hargreaves93

Alright people, I have decided that I should tackle the Persona 4 Endurance Run properly for once. I never watched it when it came out because I was an inactive user but now I'm here I think I'm going to watch it. I'm up to episode 26 at the moment. So. To those of you that have watched it, was it worth the whole 150+ episodes? 

Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Hargreaves93

Alright people, I have decided that I should tackle the Persona 4 Endurance Run properly for once. I never watched it when it came out because I was an inactive user but now I'm here I think I'm going to watch it. I'm up to episode 26 at the moment. So. To those of you that have watched it, was it worth the whole 150+ episodes? 

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DeeGee

Hell yes.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Venatio

Considering I've seen all the episodes atleast three times, yes it was, still my favorite thing Giantbomb has ever done, too bad we wont have anything like it ever again

Some episodes I just turn on when I need a laugh or want to have some noise in the background while I do something else

NonDragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NonDragonfly

It is very funny. I'm watching it for the second time and I am on episode 109

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Buscemi

Yes, by the gods, yes.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mikemcn

I need to rewatch it, great stuff.

Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hargreaves93
@Venatio said:
Considering I've seen all the episodes atleast three times, yes it was, still my favorite thing Giantbomb has ever done, too bad we wont have anything like it ever again  Some episodes I just turn on when I need a laugh or want to have some noise in the background while I do something else
Seems like it's THE thing to watch haha! And don't worry Venatio, they have another one in the works they said at PAX.
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By MooseyMcMan

It is easily one of the greatest things to ever grace the internet. To not watch it is a shame. To not watch it is to commit a crime against humanity. ARE YOU A CRIMINAL AGAINST HUMANITY!? THE UN WOULDN'T LIKE THAT! 

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NathHaw

I hate to sound like a broken record, but it's the best thing Giant Bomb ever did.

I wanna caveat my post a bit. I can never experience what it's like to watch it now for the first time. My experience was while the ER was going. That involved all the threads about it, the discussions, the kinda blowing up of Giant Bomb, the rise of many popular users like Buzz_clik and Turbo_Toaster (who designed some of the Whiskey Media t-shirts and all of those quest icons on the right of your screen respectively) who had involvement in the site regarding the ER, etc. It was a great time.

Having said that, I still think you'll like it.

Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hargreaves93
@MooseyMcMan said:
It is easily one of the greatest things to ever grace the internet. To not watch it is a shame. To not watch it is to commit a crime against humanity. ARE YOU A CRIMINAL AGAINST HUMANITY!? THE UN WOULDN'T LIKE THAT! 
I'll watch it! Just please don't call a criminal! I'M INNOCENT, INNOCENT I TELL YOU!!!!!
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By MooseyMcMan
@Hargreaves93 said:
@MooseyMcMan said:
I'll watch it! Just please don't call a criminal! I'M INNOCENT, INNOCENT I TELL YOU!!!!!
I believe you, but the UN may still investigate. WATCH OUT! 
Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hargreaves93
@MooseyMcMan said:
@Hargreaves93 said:
@MooseyMcMan said:
I believe you, but the UN may still investigate. WATCH OUT! 
I'm watching.....always watching......
D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By D0tti

I actually watched all off the episodes for the first time this year also, since I as you, was not that much off an active user when it was new. And having just finished watching the whole ER, I must say it was worth it.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By SlightConfuse

yes one of the best things on the site

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

The only time to stop watching them is if your tired of them.  AND YOU'LL NEVER BE TIRED OF THEM!

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By eroticfishcake

I'm in the same boat as Venatio. I've watched it a lot, partially because it's one my favourite games (as my profile skin will tell you) and the commentary is hilarious. I do have to point out, there's a lot of grinding episodes in there that don't require you to look at them all the time so you could always have it running in the background whilst you're playing Minecraft or whatever. That aside, if you've the time I don't see any reason you shouldn't watch it.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By Dagbiker

I have probably watched it 5 times over, and, yes it was worth it. That was a simpler time when Jeff was less Jaded, even though he was already pretty jaded. and Vinny, well he hasn't changed to much. but by the last third you could tell they started getting tired of the dungeons.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FluxWaveZ

It's the best thing to ever come out of Giant Bomb, so yes.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I'm watching it for the third time while doing homework this year (disastrous decision, so far) and playing SC2 for the commentary and so far its just as enjoyable as that fateful day discovering it. For christ's sake, I bought the game new (something I NEVER do, unless for an online code etc) after watching all 150+ episodes and have played through the game three times. The game is worth it, the commentary is hilarious, and well...it'll make you buy Persona 4. 

Yes, yes, yes. 

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fattony12000
coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By coakroach

Funky Student demands that you watch it.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NathHaw

@coakroach said:

Funky Student demands that you watch it.

Mysterious Fox was unavailable for comment, but sources close to me suggest that riddle solving and potential drug use are in order.

No Caption Provided
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GreggD

Best thing about watching either ER now, is that you don't have to wait a day or a weekend for the next episode.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@GreggD said:

Best thing about watching either ER now, is that you don't have to wait a day or a weekend for the next episode.

True, but there was also something great about going in the Persona 4 forums and anticipating what Jeff and Vinny were going to do on the next episode.
moondogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By moondogg

As someone who watched it long after it happened (I only came to GB around the end of the deadly premonition ER, which I still havent watched all of). Its great, it really is. I would never have, and probably never will play persona 4 or any persona game. But watching that I feel I have gotten everything I could have from that game had I played it myself.  

Honestly I guessed the killer quite early, and was quite smug with myself when I turned out to be right. And I hate children, all of them... except for Nanako. 
Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gerhabio

THE BEST

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vexxan

It is still the best thing they have ever produced.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By ajamafalous

As others have said, it's the best thing that has ever been on the site.

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#29  Edited By Lelcar
@Venatio said:
Considering I've seen all the episodes atleast three times, yes it was, still my favorite thing Giantbomb has ever done, too bad we wont have anything like it ever again
@FluxWaveZ said:
It's the best thing to ever come out of Giant Bomb, so yes.
@slightconfuse said:

yes one of the best things on the site

@nrh79 said:

I hate to sound like a broken record, but it's the best thing Giant Bomb ever did.

All of this.
sparks50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sparks50

I loved it, but skipped most of the shadow-world-only episodes. The social aspect is clearly the most fun to watch(even though it got a bit grindy towards the end)

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#31  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Absolutely. One of the best things Giant Bomb has ever done and there hasn't been anything quite like it since.

pixieface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pixieface

I think you should all watch Shaolin Grandma. Funky Student is the bad guy.

I am not ashamed to admit that I've watched the P4 Endurance Run twice over and I still laugh at jokes that I know are coming. I enjoy the sultry tones of Vinny and Jeff when I'm working on art projects.