The most upsetting thing to happen to you in video games.

• 83 results
OhYeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OhYeah

Generally speaking.

Mine is:

The fact that I may never see an ending to the Shenmue series due to lackluster sales, I may never know Ryo Hazuki's fate. Shenmue 2 ended on a cliffhanger and that game's over ten years old.

What's yours?

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

multiple instances in which important game moments have been spoiled.

sometimes I can get over it, other times it kind of sours the whole experience.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

@OhYeah:

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mosespippy

Losing three years of saves when my fat PS3 died. After that would probably be when a roommate stole 10% of my collection and sold it to pay for his cell phone bill.

@FancySoapsMan said:

multiple instances in which important game moments have been spoiled.

sometimes I can get over it, other times it kind of sours the whole experience.

I hear ya man. Red Read Redemption and LA Noire were spoiled for me. When I finally got around to playing Red Dead I had forgotten about the ending, but when I played LA. Noire I knew what was coming and it affected the experience. I'm not sure it ruined it, but it was different than if I hadn't known. FFVII's famous spoiler was ruined for me the afternoon before I reached that part and that sucked.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can't really mention a single moment, but when games locks up it generally kills my enthusiasm for playing the game at that moment...

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cold_Wolven

My Pokemon Silver with over 500 hours on the clock self erased its save.

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nonused

Fable II corrupted itself on me and transformed my protagonist something fierce. My portly king had become a withered husk. Never went back to it.

Also, busting up my pseudo drum kit for Rock Band was pretty disappointing.

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

When my little brother deleted my saves...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By Justin258

When I accidentally deleted my Skyrim save ages ago (around a month after it came out.) I had put 35 hours into that save and then, in the process of making a new character and deleting old saves, I accidentally deleted that character because Bethesda can't separate saves by character for some reason.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Levius

It's a delayed reaction, but I've regretted selling my Sega Saturn for years now. My seven year old self was an idiot. I would love to play Sonic R and Die Hard Arcade again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Mega Man Legends 3 getting announced and then cancelled.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13  Edited By Giantstalker

Every time, it's losing saves. I thought we would be through with this with cloud saving and modern games but it still manages to persist, more than EVER.

I would wait the extra .5 seconds it would take for every game to save the file in two places instead of one, and then clearly tell you where they've been saved.

Close runner up is when a sequel changes focus from the original for the worse (Some examples? Dragon Age 2, Supreme Commander 2, and in my view, Mass Effect 2)

JordanK85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JordanK85

Dark Souls

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@Giantstalker said:

Every time, it's losing saves. I thought we would be through with this with cloud saving and modern games but it still manages to persist, more than EVER.

I would wait the extra .5 seconds it would take for every game to save the file in two places instead of one, and then clearly tell you where they've been saved.

Close runner up is when a sequel changes focus from the original for the worse (Some examples? Dragon Age 2, Supreme Commander 2, and in my view, Mass Effect 2)

whats gas powered games doing these days anyway?

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Giantstalker
Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By connerthekewlkid
Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Giantstalker

@connerthekewlkid: Well, I guess I better find out what that is. Behind on news over here, as usual.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CaptainCody

@believer258 said:

When I accidentally deleted my Skyrim save ages ago (around a month after it came out.) I had put 35 hours into that save and then, in the process of making a new character and deleting old saves, I accidentally deleted that character because Bethesda can't separate saves by character for some reason.

I've never understood how they're still so retarded about this.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By BaneFireLord

Having Red Dead Redemption spoiled for me the day it came out when watching the GS review video. YouTube commenters are such cunts.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By ArtisanBreads

PC technical issues and losing saves.

Lost my AC III save 13 hours in because deleting it only took a single button press I accidentally made. Awful decision to not have any sort of confirmation screen. It's unbelievable really.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By rachelepithet

Having my christmas present Xbox stolen from me

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SuperWristBands

Meeting Snackers in Treasure Trove Cove and drowning in Clanker's Cavern trying to bring him to the top of the water.

That upset my 8-year-old self so much I developed a fear of water in video games for the next few years.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mordukai

Watching Eidos ignore the Legacy of Kane series since 2003 all the while trying to convince us that the new Tomb Raider will be cool this time around.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By butano

Well, two for me. The first would be when I got about 90% through Ninja Gaiden Black, and my save corrupted. Refused to ever play it again.

The next would be after I completed Halo: Reach singleplayer, and the next day when I went to play multiplayer my Xbox did a RROD.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By bacongames

Seeing my Dreamcast go literally up in smoke because we hadn't really thought through the power conversion process when plugging into an European outlet. Somehow it's been repaired but it's still sitting over there and I WANT MY GODDAMN DREAMCAST BACK! I MISS YOU BUDDY!

Avatar image for passivekaerenai
PassiveKaerenai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PassiveKaerenai

My 7 year-old self found the Elite Four in Pokemon Blue so 'unfair' that he was reduced to tears on multiple playthroughs

The trauma remains, deep in my heart

Meepasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Meepasaurus

@Cold_Wolven said:

My Pokemon Silver with over 500 hours on the clock self erased its save.

I don't have the heart to even check mine. :(

Avatar image for captaincharisma
CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CaptainCharisma

Not to get too mopy but the worst thing to ever happen to me dealt with me accidentally deleting my father's save file in Final Fantasy 7. I was only 6 at the time so I wasn't really sure what I was doing but I had ruined his 70+ hour save file right before the final dungeon. Video games were one of the few things we did together since he worked nights and slept all morning so for some reason when all that progress was gone he basically quit playing video games. And when that was the only thing you father did with me, we really drifted apart and to this day we barely speak to each other unless it's about the occasional happening of pro wrestling since he used to watch it and I still do.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By icicle7x3

The death of Resident Evil Outbreak's online mode.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By iam3green

times when saves have been erased. it's just like damn it got erased all those great games.

ChampInMaking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ChampInMaking

No Kotor 3...

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By OllyOxenFree

@CaptainCharisma said:

Not to get too mopy but the worst thing to ever happen to me dealt with me accidentally deleting my father's save file in Final Fantasy 7. I was only 6 at the time so I wasn't really sure what I was doing but I had ruined his 70+ hour save file right before the final dungeon. Video games were one of the few things we did together since he worked nights and slept all morning so for some reason when all that progress was gone he basically quit playing video games. And when that was the only thing you father did with me, we really drifted apart and to this day we barely speak to each other unless it's about the occasional happening of pro wrestling since he used to watch it and I still do.

Jesus Christ. 6 year-old you sucked.

morkaithewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By morkaithewolf

Two distinct moments for me:

1. When my father smashed my special edition pokemon yellow gameboy and yellow edition because he didn't want me to play video games. (had about 200 hours on the save and every pokemon except for mew categorized in the storage system.)

2. When my god damn saints row 2 save file got corrupted at 99% completion. Just needed to finish one more race to max it out. I stopped playing video games for a few weeks then because I wasn't sure if I was more pissed at my xbox for corrupting the save or myself for spending that much damn time in Saints Row 2. (that game was sooo cheesy but so fun at the time)

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kermoosh

star wars battlefront 3. i've played so much bf 1 and 2 (never owned a psp) and loved the idea of a sequel.

it hurts to know the game was being made giving me hope then canceling the project

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Roger778

When my first X-Box 360 died on me by doing the three red rings.

I've owned my second X-Box for about 3 years now, and it's still doing well. It's the standard White-colored version.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#37  Edited By Svenzon

Accidentally deleting my old Dead Rising save, where I'd just beaten Carlito (the sniper rifle battle) and narrowly managed to rescue four survivors at once.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@believer258

The names of the character are displayed on each save actually...
Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I accidentally deleted a Sonic Adventure 2 file with all rank A's and Green Hill Zone unlocked TWICE. When I wasn't paying attention and plugged my laptop charger into my PS2 and it stopped spinning the discs. When I sold Bad Company 2 for $3 on ebay. I could go on forever honestly.

panvixyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By panvixyl

One time, when we were kids, I wanted to check out my little brother's copy of Pokemon. I thought his DS was off so I was taking it out when he turned to look at me and instantly burst into tears - turned out it hadn't been off. And he hadn't saved for hours.

I felt like such a piece of shit I started crying too.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41  Edited By Justin258

@MariachiMacabre said:

@believer258

The names of the character are displayed on each save actually...

I know. I mean, why can't Bethesda do more like Bioware and separate the list of saves by character names? As it stands, I might have four hundred saves in a row by one character, and then a further five hundred by a different character, and maybe other characters littered between them. Mass Effect and Dragon Age Origins have those lists of saves tied to each character, i.e. I can go in a menu and select a different character and have a different list of all of their saves.

See what I'm sayin'?

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tunaburn

when my fallout 3 glitched 3/4 of the way through and i didnt have multiple saves. that sucked.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TyCobb

I am still saddened by the Command and Conquer series. Such a great series when Westwood was making them. Once EA took over it went to shit. I still can't believe Generals was given the C&C branding. That was not a C&C game. Act of War was more C&C than Generals was. Actually, I would love to see Act of War come back.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MezZa

Probably losing my Pokemon Gold save on my original gameboy color copy years ago. So much childhood put into that game, and now its nothing but memories.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kerse

Being 10 years old playing FF7 in I think it was 1998, I know I didn't play it right away and then Aeris dies, I don't know why but it made me really sad at the time. Other than that, I once saved over one of my 100% saves in some Final Fantasy and that was pretty shitty, actually I've probably done that at least 5 times in my life, thats what I get for playing video games while I should be sleeping.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TruthTellah

I have lost my late-game saves for at least two very long RPGs before, and they were probably the most traumatic moments I've ever had with games. It's like nearly finishing a house only to have a tornado come and knock it all down...

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TyCobb

Just remembered my most pissed off moment -- deleting my open world save of FFVII because I accidentally chose the wrong menu item on the DexDrive software. There went lots of hours. The funny thing was I was trying to actually back up the damn game. I believe I still have the Dex Drive somewhere in a box.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By WickedFather

Achievements. I saw some medals for bravery on Flog It today and realised they're just achievements for soldiers. Do some stupid shit and avoid getting blown up and BREEEEP!!! Medal Unlocked!!!

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#49  Edited By Slag

The usual sorts of things

accidentally overwriting my save in Twilight princess

realizing that Dreamfall: A longest Journey was never going to have a sequel that addresses that ending.

having a game breaking bug in the final level Indiana Jones : the Infernal machine, that prevented me from finishing the game.

blowing all allowance on a Boy and his Blob for the NES

the realization after talking some of my friends in the industry, that console gaming as I know and love it probably won't exist in 5-10 years.

morkaithewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By morkaithewolf

Just remembered another one: My fallout 3 disc for 360 has a scratch in it that won't let me play the final mission for the main story. It freezes when you cross the bridge to the final battle. I could never go back to the game after that and to this day, I have no idea how it all ends...