The new guys: I don't like them

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Aetos

I've got no problem with them. Also, their are only interns, they are still learning how to better perfect their writting styles.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By Brendan
@IzzyGraze said:

"CHANGE!!!!! >:( "

This.  I am afraid of it. 

Edit:  So, so afraid.
Wrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Wrect

You are wrong.  The new guys totally rule.
kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By kishan6

i dont like them quite as much however 
they ARE well written and can def be entertaining

Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Rio

It doesn't really matter to me, although I suppose I have noticed alot more articles that I dont care about recently.  It still doesnt really bother me though, as long as I get bombcasts / reviews / and content like ER I am fine with it.

MostlyHeadless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By MostlyHeadless
@GIVEMEREPLAY said:

" @MostlyHeadless said:

Also, How exactly are you "bringing in the paycheck" for these guys other than visiting their site and acting like a dick on their message boards? Have you actually given them any money? Bought the iPhone app? Reviewed their podcast? Ugh. The way you treat these guys like commodities is really disgusting.  I'm sorry for insulting you, I really am. But your comment above was really offensive to this thing (Giant Bomb) you claim to love. "

And you obviously have no idea how a business functions. Giant Bomb runs on advertiser dollars. If they piss off their audience and they stop using the site, GB will cease to exist.   And yes, I bought the app. In any case, they've specifically ensured that you can't donate so that people don't feel like they individually control the direction of the site, or that you haven't gotten your money's worth. I recall Jeff saying this. I don' t think I have any individual control over it, but if brining in new meat results in the site getting less daily visits, they will be making less money.  "
Daily, I'm blown away by how free market capitalism has turned us into spoiled children. 

How are they pissing off their audience? Their pissing off you. Their pissing off maybe another dozen or so people who felt the need to agree with you on this message board. I'm guessing that probably most of people on the site don't really mind and/or don 't really care and/or like the fact that there's some new blood on the GB staff. 

Personally, I like that there's more news. Because I like being able to come to Giant Bomb for all my big-fat-gaming-nerd needs and not have to go to sites like D-Toid or Joystiq or (god forbid) IGN. 

I'm glad you bought the app. Do you use it often? I like to use it while I'm on the can. How about you? 

You're right, I do seem to recall that speech about donations. It was a good one. 
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By damnboyadvance

Come on. Show some damn sympathy. How do you think they would feel if they read this thread?

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I agree.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By Seedofpower
@fishmicmuffin said:
" I do miss reading stories that are written by the original crew, but what the new guys are writing isn't bad. If anything it means that I don't have to go to IGN as much as I used to. "
Pretty much, the gb crew is busy as hell and we can get more coverage and reviews if they expand the work to new peeps.
Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By Steve_C

A lack of news isn't what makes the site great. Admittedly it's been a bit overwheming relative to what was before, but it's welcome. It saves people on the forums from having to write their own news stories for the same things. The writing style is fine by me too.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By mike

If you don't like a particular writer, don't read their material. Problem solved.