The reason MS killed crossplatform gaming: PC was too good.

• 72 results
yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By yinstarrunner
@Landon said:
" @Gutlieb said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
" @JeffGoldblum said:
" @Andrela said:
" A mouse and keyboard will beat a controller any day of the week.   This will never change. "
Only in first person shooters. "
And strategy games. "
And rpg's "
Where are these RPG's that are so much better on the PC? RPG's work on EVERY platform. Stop saying that, its not even true. "
World of Warcraft and most other MMORPGS.  HOTKEYS GALORE.  Also menu interfaces in most RPGs are much easier to navigate through with a mouse.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By jkz
@Jimbo said:
" You could do it, but to get the balance right would require totally destroying one or both of the games.  You'd either have to give the pad user total auto-aim covering the whole screen, or you'd have to somehow force the mouse user to play the game using their feet.  Neither of these options would be fun.

A straight competition between the two control options would be a joke for anything involving aiming.  First person, third person, makes no difference.  Anybody that believes otherwise is only kidding themselves.  They could do it for sports, fighting games, racing games or anything turn-based I suppose, but none of those seem to be popular enough across both platforms to warrant it.  

I don't really see why the console manufacturers would go out of their way to make this happen in the first place.  They don't want PC gamers and console gamers to play together; they want PC gamers to become console gamers so they can tax their game purchases and shove a load of other 'services' in their face at every opportunity.  They've been pretty successful with it so far and it's about ready to come to fruition.  Console gamers are gonna get bled dry before long, and they've pretty much ensured there is no thriving alternative gaming option available for them to go to. "
I've always thought adding a filter for controller styles could work. That way, the players would still pretty much be separate, but in cases where friends have the same game, but one has it on the PC whereas the other has it on the 360, they could disable that filter and choose to play with each-other, knowing full-well that the console player would be at a disadvantage. 

That's the primary reason I'd like the feature. I far prefer playing shooters on my PC, but I'm usually stuck playing them on the 360, since that's what all my friends play on.
ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By ViciousReiven

Can't stand keyboard and mice, reason number 2 why I'm not a PC gamer.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Diamond
@LtColJaxson said:
Eh I can imagine that. To be honest I think each should stay to his own platform.
This.

I can see how mouse aiming is more accurate.  I highly doubt average PC gamers could beat a pro with a controller, hell I beat PC gamers all the time in Quake 3 on Dreamcast, but mouse definitely has the advantage.

Anyways, I enjoy using a gamepad to play games, I'd use it more in PC games if they weren't balanced for mouse accuracy and people use a mouse when playing online.  I can think of other reasons to keep PC and console gaming separate as well.  It would definitely suck to have to play with aimbotters or wallhack users in a console FPS...
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Meowshi

How about you all stop bickering like your personal preference in gaming is somehow going to get you laid.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By iam3green

it would have been a bad ass idea to do that. i think that the PC would win though. maybe they should try it out with different controllers like ps3 and xbox 360 to see if there is a difference in them. console vs console would be good idea.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ectoplasma
@Jeknod said:
" Terrible writing.  "
LOL. That's what I wanted to say.
Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By Belonpopo
@Andrela: N() it w0nt bcuz Mod3rn W4rfar3 2 on the ecksbawks is beter th4n the 1 on the peeC
ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ectoplasma

Also, no one seems to mention the point where the controller has the biggest advantage: Playing with a keyboard and mouse is fucking unconfortable (in comparison to a controller experience). And I say that as I mainly play PC games. Since I have 2 Xbox 360 usb pads (additionally to my wireless ones which work only on my Xbox) I mainly look for games specifically so I can play with a controller. It's just so much more relaxed. 

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MrKlorox

It's not about PC gamers being better, it's about the mouse being more precise than the thumbstick for shooters. Period. The "world's top MW2 player" uses a cheater's controller on PS3 that has a mouse manipulating the right stick axes. It's an issue with level playing fields, not with skill. 

Give almost any PC-only gamer a controller and they'll get the shit kicked out of them online.

Your threads trump your posts in every way when it comes to lack of understanding.

fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By fullmetal5550

I am glad Microsoft scrapped cross platform gaming between the X-BOX 360 and the PC. All it would have done is create more arguments between the Console gamers and the PC gamers.  Also, I hate Console fanboys and PC Elitists. A PC gamer and a Console gamer are gamers, end of story.

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wish I had a keyboard and mouse that I could plug into my 360. That is the only way to go when it comes to FPS.

fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By fullmetal5550
@trophyhunter said:
" @rhodric said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" you can shove that mouse and keyboard up your ass "
lol butt hurt "
A controller is a million times better, I don't care what you PC fanboys say. "
People have different opinions, some like Mouse and Keyboards more  and some like Controllers more.  Console fanboys and PC elitists annoy the hell out of me. All they do is start arguments between each other.
newt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By newt
@Insectecutor:  
your post was about matchmaking, which has everything to do with server-structure and the connectivity of the games in question 

the thread was about the fact that keyboard + mouse is faster and more accurate device for controlling FPSs, which is a clearly evident fact.  when will console gamers learn that there are reasons we hold dedicated servers sacred?
fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By fullmetal5550
@newt said:
" @Insectecutor:  your post was about matchmaking, which has everything to do with server-structure and the connectivity of the games in question  the thread was about the fact that keyboard + mouse is faster and more accurate device for controlling FPSs, which is a clearly evident fact.  when will console gamers learn that there are reasons we hold dedicated servers sacred? "
Not all gamers are going to accept that fact though. I don't see the need to try and force the fact onto them either. A lot of Console gamers are also PC gamers and understand why dedicated servers are a good thing.
newt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By newt
@fullmetal5550 said:
" @newt said:
" @Insectecutor:  your post was about matchmaking, which has everything to do with server-structure and the connectivity of the games in question  the thread was about the fact that keyboard + mouse is faster and more accurate device for controlling FPSs, which is a clearly evident fact.  when will console gamers learn that there are reasons we hold dedicated servers sacred? "
Not all gamers are going to accept that fact though. I don't see the need to try and force the fact onto them either. A lot of Console gamers are also PC gamers and understand why dedicated servers are a good thing. "
I'm not saying that k+m is preferable, more comfortable or better than controllers; the mouse simply provides a faster and more accurate way to point at things by design.  In some ways k+m actually creates a rather boring experience, since everyone can (relatively) easily always get headshots. 

If you have any empirical evidence that shows that an analog joystick can target things more accurately and faster than a mouse, by all means please share it.  Please don't mind the rest of us either ignore it or poke holes in it though.
fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By fullmetal5550

I am so sick of Console Fanboys and PC Elitists arguing between each other all the time about which system is better. The PC and Consoles are good in their own ways. A PC gamer and a Console gamer are still gamers.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68  Edited By Seppli

Well - PC gamers are better at cheating. Aimbots and Wallhacks and whatnot are way more common in the PC online multiplayer landscape. Not playing on well admin'd servers, your experience is gonna  be shit.

I highly doubt the splitsecond advantage of mousebased aiming would do much of a difference against a true gamepad artist. Then again, it's Microsoft. Their gamepads got a pretty sizeable deadzone, which makes it a less competitive device than it could be. Maybe that gamepad hardware revision they recently announced will improve on that too.

Pretty certain, I can beat most any PC player with a PS3 Dualshock 3 gamepad. It got tight analogsticks (in terms of having no noticeable deadzone). Despite me preferring the 360 gamepad's formfactor.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By ArchScabby

It's probably because I grew up playing FPS games on consoles, but if I played against myself who was using a PC and I was using a 360.  I think the 360 me would win.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#70  Edited By Jost1

Keyboard and Mouse is more precise

But if the game doesn't require that kind of precision it's completely irrelevant. Halo 3 is perfectly good the way it is. Can someone explain how the Halo 3 experience it would be improved by mouse and keyboard control?

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Drebin_893

That was the most hilarious article I've ever read.

Murdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Murdian

I feel like the controller is more relaxed if I don't feel like being competitive. But, if I just feel like having the most control in any FPS, of course KB and M is the way to go. 
Also, as far as competitive gaming goes PC gamers are far more competitive than any of those console Halo freaks.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#73  Edited By Jost1

I guess I'm not a competitive gamer really. I'm happy playing on normal or easy and I rarely play multiplayer :)

fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By fullmetal5550
@josty81 said:
" I guess I'm not a competitive gamer really. I'm happy playing on normal or easy and I rarely play multiplayer :) "
I know what you mean. Multiplayer is not a big fun factor to me. I think it is because I hate having to listen to all those screaming immature people who also play multiplayer.