The Sequel You Want That'll Never Be

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

which game sequel do you want that'll probably never happen?

for example I'd love a Valkyria Chronicles follow up on a home console but it's highly unlikely.

Also Vanquish.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I doubt Rare will ever make another Banjo-Kazooie game, they're practically dead, right?

Muzhik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

CRIMSON SKIES 2

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Boktai 4. I'm pretty sure the sunlight sensor wouldn't be possible on the 3DS. They could use weather data from somewhere but they will never be able to recreate me standing in the garden in the rain while holding my Gameboy up to the sky to get 3 bars of sunlight...

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Corevi

Vanquish, GOD HAND, Wonderful 101.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By goonage

Half-Life 3 :P

But with all seriousness, I would love another Portal game.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I have my doubts that a follow up to the Darkness 2 will ever be made, which is a great shame.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Timesplitters 4

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suikoden 6.

Even if the series does go on it seems like they have basically abandoned that series' original world and mythology, so it will never be what it once was or could be.

Also a new proper Shining Force. That dream died long ago when Camelot severed ties with Sega.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

A new .Hack game series would make me super excited, but the likelihood of it ever happening is very slim. CyberConnect2 is too busy making a billion Naruto games to go back to the series that I love. I even imported that Japanese only .Hack fighting game they made but that doesn't even come close to scratching the itch that a new RPG in the franchise would.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt Rare will ever make another Banjo-Kazooie game, they're practically dead, right?

depends on what type of game you're looking for. Personally I'd actually be really surprised if the franchise doesn't get any more entries, of some kind at least.

Avatar image for crsadrnoremorse
CrsadrNoRemorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prince of Persia (the 2008 one), it's been like 6 years and I don't think Ubisoft has any interest in making a sequel at this point. Damn and that game ended with a cool cliffhanger...

And definitely Vanquish, everytime someone mentions it I have a reallll itch to go and play it again, so gooood.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezakael said:

A new .Hack game series would make me super excited, but the likelihood of it ever happening is very slim. CyberConnect2 is too busy making a billion Naruto games to go back to the series that I love. I even imported that Japanese only .Hack fighting game they made but that doesn't even come close to scratching the itch that a new RPG in the franchise would.

They've talked about making a new one for consoles many times over the years. (Even within the last year they were talking about it like it was probable.)

But who knows if it will ever actually happen. .hack is exactly the type of B-tier game that is all but dead these days.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prince of Persia (the 2008 one), it's been like 6 years and I don't think Ubisoft has any interest in making a sequel at this point. Damn and that game ended with a cool cliffhanger...

They had an Epilogue DLC which wrapped it up.

Ellrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ellrick

Dark Cloud 3 - I loved 2, but I dont think it sold well enough to justify a sequel.

Marvel vs Capcom 4 - with Marvel now part of the evil empire, I am doubtful an agreement can be reached on another game.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#16  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I thought they would never make another Might and Magic RPG, and have said as much in threads with a similar subject, but that totally happened.

So instead I'll say this.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Giantstalker

Descent 4.

The world needs an honest to goodness fourth Descent game.

CrsadrNoRemorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusadernoremorse said:

Well not really since at the end the princess just goes like "Hey I'm going to go and find my people somewhere. See ya!" and then she just leaves and you're left there scratching your head. Man, I thought that epilogue DLC really sucked, the original ending was perfect to me. Perfect setup for a trilogy or something.

InternetJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By InternetJames

Vanquish... Don't know if Binary Domain needs one but I would love to see that team do something in that style again!

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BabyChooChoo
R.I.P. tropical island titties. You will forever bounce on in our mam...er...memories.
R.I.P. tropical island titties. You will forever bounce on in our mam...er...memories.

In all seriousness, Darkstalkers is a series I think deserves another entry at this point. Fighters are bigger than ever. We just had like 4-5 years of good, solid Street Fighter games. Guilty Gear Xrd is proving what you can do with current technology. I think it's a perfect time to bring the series back. Sadly, Capcom does not agree with me.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Corevi
@corruptedevil said:
@crusadernoremorse said:

Well not really since at the end the princess just goes like "Hey I'm going to go and find my people somewhere. See ya!" and then she just leaves and you're left there scratching your head. Man, I thought that epilogue DLC really sucked, the original ending was perfect to me. Perfect setup for a trilogy or something.

I think they realized that they wouldn't ever get to make a sequel to it which is why they made the Epilogue while still kinda leaving open the possibility of one if the situation changes. Sucks that between 08 and Forgotten Sands the entire series is dead.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Advent Rising.

Too Human?

OneLoneClone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Freespace 3

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I want a SimAnt game that uses modern computing power to go crazy with colony AI and physics and shit.

I want to make something like this.

Loading Video...

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SKIES OF ARCADIA

CrsadrNoRemorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusadernoremorse said:
@corruptedevil said:
@crusadernoremorse said:

I think they realized that they wouldn't ever get to make a sequel to it which is why they made the Epilogue while still kinda leaving open the possibility of one if the situation changes. Sucks that between 08 and Forgotten Sands the entire series is dead.

Yeah, it's a damn shame. When they announced Forgotten Sands and it wasn't a sequel to the 08 one I was extremely disappointed. I think they wanted to go back to the style of Sands of Time trilogy, but I thought it was extremely half-baked and completely uninteresting. And I still think that the 2008 game is one of the most beautiful games that I've played, such a great colourful artstyle.

Maybe I should go and replay the Sands of Time trilogy, I'm just not sure if they've aged well or not.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Corevi
@crusadernoremorse said:

Maybe I should go and replay the Sands of Time trilogy, I'm just not sure if they've aged well or not.

They all hold up in terms of gameplay and the graphics aren't too bad but the aesthetic choices in Warrior Within are VERY dated.

Seriously, Godsmack!?!

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@ezakael said:

They've talked about making a new one for consoles many times over the years. (Even within the last year they were talking about it like it was probable.)

But who knows if it will ever actually happen. .hack is exactly the type of B-tier game that is all but dead these days.

Well if they did make a new one it would be fantastic, whether they release it outside Japan is another thing entirely though. The last two they made never came to North America.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShaggE

Blood 3.

MDK 3.

A new Neverhood game, preferably in the adventure genre. Skullmonkeys was cool, but it didn't have that same somethin' somethin' as the original.

DJ Hero 3.

Hugo's House of Horrors 4: Nitemare 3D 2 (I kid, but I'd seriously flip my shit)

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezakael: True, but those were also pure fanservice games with little going for them on their own merits. I don't necessarily take that as an indication of the fate of a proper sequel.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

A real Heroes of Might and Magic. Yes, they've made entries in the series recently, but there hasn't been a truly good one since III. HOMM VI was what Sacred III was to the Sacred series. Ubisoft doesn't seem to understand what people want out of those games and doesn't seem to give a shit about trying to understand.

mrblobby64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Timesplitters 4 and a sequel to Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts are the two that I want but have made peace with never happening. I still don't believe that Fez 2 is actually cancelled so I guess that's an honourable mention.

WalkmanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A second Jaws Unleashed, come on people!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@corruptedevil said:
@crusadernoremorse said:
@corruptedevil said:
@crusadernoremorse said:

Yeah, it's a damn shame. When they announced Forgotten Sands and it wasn't a sequel to the 08 one I was extremely disappointed. I think they wanted to go back to the style of Sands of Time trilogy, but I thought it was extremely half-baked and completely uninteresting. And I still think that the 2008 game is one of the most beautiful games that I've played, such a great colourful artstyle.

They only returned to the Sands of Time trilogy because of the movie tie in. They were going to do more games in the vein of PoP 08 but Assassin's Creed came along and ruined those plans. With six to ten studios working on each AC game nowadays there are no resources for a PoP game. They tried to branch out of AC with Watch Dogs. If WD as a series doesn't find AC levels of success I'd bet we see another PoP game.

BackupPanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would really love a sequel to Star Wars: Republic Commando, one that expanded on the elegant-for-it's-time-and-for-being-on-a-console squad gameplay even more, though I doubt Disney nor EA have any interest in it.

Also, I REFUSE TO BELIEVE DELTA SQUAD LEFT SEV TO DIE, GODDAMN MOTHER-FUCKING CLIFFHANGER, WE CAN STILL SAVE HIM!

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Cagliostro88

Psychonauts 2

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Freedom Fighters 2. Alpha Protocol 2. KOTOR 3. Republic Commando. Probably some others.

I HOPE Beyond Good and Evil 2 happens some day.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Shadows of the Damned 2

Alpha Protocol 2

Mass Effect 2

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Otogi: Myth Of Demons. Remember that game? Among my all-time favourites, it was so damn unique and atmospheric, not to mention hard as balls. It's, ofcourse, a FromSoftware game.

Alan Wake, how about finishing that damn story?

Mafia. Can't put my finger on it, but I just don't believe we'll ever get a third iteration, which I think is a great shame.

And ofcourse Warcraft. As an RTS game.

Then there's all the usual business ontop of that, Good and Evil 2, KOTOR.. Half-Life 3...

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By wrecks

Red Faction: Guerrilla 2

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Corevi
@backuppanic said:

I would really love a sequel to Star Wars: Republic Commando, one that expanded on the elegant-for-it's-time-and-for-being-on-a-console squad gameplay even more, though I doubt Disney nor EA have any interest in it.

Also, I REFUSE TO BELIEVE DELTA SQUAD LEFT SEV TO DIE, GODDAMN MOTHER-FUCKING CLIFFHANGER, WE CAN STILL SAVE HIM!

Read the books, they are very good (for licensed science fiction obviously).

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Shindig

International Karate +

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No One Lives Forever. <sigh>

(Contract J.A.C.K. doesnot count.)

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45  Edited By theacidskull

You guys better not say Darksiders 3, because It WILL HAPPEN!

Anyways, I doubt Castlevania Lords of Shadow will ever get a third installment, which is a damn shame because it's story didn't really end, and hell even with that shitty ending there are so many possibilities and it has so much potential. In fact, even I can come up with a decent plot, which would be well settled in the Games lore. Sigh, Gabriel is such a cool character, shame it all had to go to waste.

I would also LOVE there to be a sequel to Hulk:Ultimate Destruction. Hulk is my favorite fictional character and there are numerous stories that can be told, plus Ultimate destruction HAD everything a Hulk game should have! Great Gameplay, fitting story, a great antagonist and awesome Graphics(at the time obviously.) Sadly...it will never happen.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Muramasa the demon blade 2. Please.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ford_Dent

Killer 7.

What?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would also LOVE there to be a sequel to Hulk:Ultimate Destruction. Hulk is my favorite fictional character and there are numerous stories that can be told, plus Ultimate destruction HAD everything a Hulk game should have! Great Gameplay, fitting story, a great antagonist and awesome Graphics(at the time obviously.) Sadly...it will never happen.

Prototype. Made by the same devs and plays incredibly similarly, just doesn't have the Hulk license.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything in the universe is telling me to say Darklands 2. Then there's that Serpent game on Kickstarter, but if there's a game that I know for a fact won't have an actual sequel with the same amount of care put in that would be Darklands.

Also I'm waiting to see how Might & Magic X did before I get my hopes up about any more of those ever happening.

Avatar image for mustachioeugene
mustachioeugene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Alpha Protocol 2, KOTOR 3, Sleeping Dogs 2; Pups be Snoozing.