Unreadable text

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Luffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Luffer

What is it with site designs these days and the fascination with making font colours just slightly different from the background colour? For example, Giant Bomb is currently using a black background and then using dark grey text. I honestly can't read the dark grey text and have to highlight it with my mouse to get some contrast. It's very frustrating, and Giant Bomb isn't the only site guilty of this, but that doesn't make it any better.

Do people who design websites these days not get any training in GUI design and usability? I have perfect vision and I struggle, so I dread to think how people with poor eyesight are expected to manage. Fonts should always contrast with the background to avoid eye strain and make reading text comfortable.

I love the editorial content of Giant Bomb, but find a lot of the site design to be highly questionable. However the font colours is the biggest issue and I'm sure in affects the largest number of users. Perhaps it's time for a poll!

Hdfisise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Hdfisise

This is why I love the fact I made sure I didn;t get a TN screen. Everything is perfectly readable for me here and on every other site I have been to as well.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I have no trouble reading any of the darker text on the site.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By oldschool
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers