• 71 results
D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By D_Bones

Hey duders. Just wondering if you guys put up vidga game posters and if so which ones make the cut? I personally if I ever got a sweet gaming room would probably put up some of the more creative/artistic ones in the same vein as the resistance 3 artwork (which is why I was thinking about this in the first place). I've seen duders post pics of their sweet game rooms before on here with posters before but never saw a specific thread relating to them specifically (if there is by all means lock me down). Just wondering if you guys would hang posters if you had a good room for them or if you already have which ones?

Oh and if people are like why is this guys creating so many threads this week the answer is that I am seriously procrastinating writing final essays and the threads on here aren't keeping me entertained lol. So make my own and hear what your guyses opinions are.

Posters what ya got?

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jdh5153

Hell to the nay.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3 gamer_152  Moderator

I've never really had a lot of game posters, but at my old house I had a Halo poster and the map that came with GTA IV up on my walls, and they were nice enough. There's some really good stuff out there if you want something to make your walls look pretty.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I just have one piece of Portal 2 concept art hanging up in my apartment. It's tasteful, looks cool, and is not immediately identifiable as being associated with a video game.

No Caption Provided

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BaneFireLord

Yay. In the past, I have had the world maps from Oblivion, Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption hung on my walls, along with a Sam and Max signed print and a Halo poster. I really like maps a lot.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: this is the kind of shit I would be interested in. CLASSY

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sure especially old ones. Vintage game art is just classier to me.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry was just checking out Olly Moss (dude who did resistance 3 cover) website and his posters for the original Star Wars Trilogy are badass, as well as his My Neighbour Totoro one.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay. Currently I have framed posters of "Grim Fandango", "Double Fine Adventure", "The Banner Saga", "Bastion" and "A Life Well Wasted ep. 5" spread across my rooms.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, so long as it's something that would look pretty nice when framed. I have the Mass Effect one sheet and would like to get some of the Bioshock stuff like the masquerade ball posters.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Sure but I would rather have box art than a poster.

Mocca_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really, although the occasional exception does raise its head once in a while: http://m.pinterest.com/pin/211106301254766373/

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SexyToad

I have two awesome MW3 posters that I have yet to frame.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Snail

Actually there's an old thread on this website all about sharing poster collections, but because you can't search by thread title anymore it's being really difficult to find it. So fuck it! It's like a a three or four year old thread anyway.

I have two posters related to video-games, both of them from Valve. I've framed both posters.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I just have one piece of Portal 2 concept art hanging up in my apartment. It's tasteful, looks cool, and is not immediately identifiable as being associated with a video game.

No Caption Provided

This is really cool. Now I want someone to make a mirror image of sorts with Black Mesa employees instead. You know, with a man facing left on the far right as opposed to the lady scientist in this one. I think that would also be really cool.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Daveyo520
Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d_bones said:

Sorry was just checking out Olly Moss (dude who did resistance 3 cover) website and his posters for the original Star Wars Trilogy are badass, as well as his My Neighbour Totoro one.

God, I've been tracking used Moss Totoro posters for awhile. It's almost painful what they go for.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HarlechQuinn

@d_bones said:

God, I've been tracking used Moss Totoro posters for awhile. It's almost painful what they go for.

The cheapest one I ever saw was around €450 :(

...And I have the feeling that not all the people who buy the "A Life Well Wasted" posters are fans of the podcast, as the latest one (Episode 7) can already be bought on ebay for the double/triple price...

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

@crosstheatlantic said:

@d_bones said:

The cheapest one I ever saw was around €450 :(

...And I have the feeling that not all the people who buy the "A Life Well Wasted" posters are fans of the podcast, as the latest one (Episode 7) can already be bought on ebay for the double/triple price...

I'm pretty positive that Moss has built a following enough that at this point, there are just people aware of him who buy the posters soley for resale. People keep buying them at crazy prices, though, so they keep offering them.

UltraSoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a Huge Alan Wake poster with just the cover art. It could be a movie or a book poster.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I have 2 posters right now. One I got for God of War: Ascension and one that came with the game The Darkness 2. I also have the flag that came with the collectors edition for AC3 hung up on my wall. (The pictures aren't mine. Got them off Google since I'm to lazy to take pictures and upload them.) My GoW poster is hung on the Kratos side.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Eh. I like the artwork that can come from them but, in practice, they just get in the way. And I'm not going to hang them up in my home as I don't have a dedicated spot for them.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't think of very many games I'm sufficiently passionate about to justify the purchase of a poster.

MeganeAgain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MeganeAgain

I've got a Super Street Fighter IV poster, but that's pretty much it. I do plan on getting other video game posters, though. I'd like to put up posters of some of my favourite fighting games.

Here's my SSFIV poster:

No Caption Provided

It's pretty much the box-art of SSFIV, but expanded.

I have no idea how to get them, but I particularly like arcade posters like these:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I have my Rockstar games corner in my room with a poster for Bully, RDR, and GTA 3.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have nothing worth hanging up and it would probably clash with all the actual art I hang in my room.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to put them in frames but how would I go about finding a frame for the correct poster dimensions.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I have always wanted to take something I made and make it into a poster, or just make a poster.

I always thought a line of WWII propaganda video game posters would be cool. Never really thought of making Tshirts, mostly because they are expensive to make and never fit.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's old and it's not anime then sure why not; I had a Warcraft 3 poster for the longest time for instance. Anything present generation is terrible though; except maybe Dark Souls.

ThomasG666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on the artwork.Usually video game covers are too generic,but the artwork that comes from them is usually pretty amazing!

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a Mega64 poster signed by "Whopie Goldberg". That's about it.

Hawkerace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagbiker said:

I have always wanted to take something I made and make it into a poster, or just make a poster.

I always thought a line of WWII propaganda video game posters would be cool. Never really thought of making Tshirts, mostly because they are expensive to make and never fit.

I have a few soviet propaganda posters from specific eras hanging up in my condo, and they're pretty tasteful.

I also have a few GTA posters up in my room, with other posters from movies and bands and shit cause I don't give a fuck hashtag yolo hashtag asdfasdkgadg

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we owned a house I'd take a room and cover it tastefully with framed game posters. Also owning some old arcade marquees and putting them into a custom lighting box on the wall would be a fun project.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I don't care enough to buy any, and hanging stuff up is a pain. But I'm not opposed to gamerelated posters in any way, and a lot of them are really cool.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm at a never on posters, and have similar feelings toward video game themed clothing. Just not something I am comfortable advertising an interest in (the number of old and new consoles sitting under my TV is bad enough).

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By confusedowl

I love game posters. I have the maps to Skyrim and RDR on my wall as well some Zelda posters and a Gears of War one as well.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Nope. But I have zero tolerance for any sort of wall hangings. It has nothing to do with games as I don't want paintings or photos up either

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, but I don't really have any good ones right now. Some of the Dota 2 concept art or the art they do for the updates would be pretty cool. Or fake movie posters like the ones they have for L4D or Skullgirls.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

Borken Age art signed by Tim Schafer
Borken Age art signed by Tim Schafer
Dive Kick poster signed by the team
Dive Kick poster signed by the team

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Branthog

Nope. As an adult, I don't have any posters on my wall. No photographs, no paintings, no sconces, no tapestries, no decorations of any kind in the entire house.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

No Caption Provided

I'm actually quite interested in getting some framed/on canvas concept art - just wondering, did you buy that from a store or have it printed? If I were to have one printed I'd want to make sure it was super hi-res and get it done proper on canvas!

BulimicBalzac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the game has a good art style there is no reason not to buy the poster. Unless it's a shitty anime girl game poster, in which case don't do it for the love of god don't own one.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#45 chaser324  Moderator
Wheady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

for me, i would want to get something really nice, and if its just a poster i would want to frame it. dont wanna put tacks or use putty to hang something really nice. i have an awesome framed map of middle earth up on my wall. think the map cost 120 (was a gift) and the framing was another 1-200 bucks, lol.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have two posters signed by Tim Schafer (one is made out to @butano, but still). If I was the type to put up any posters, I would definitely put those up. One is for Psychonauts and the other is for Brutal Legend.

Hinamotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I don't have any gaming posters, although I have a few movie ones. That being said, I would be totally in to buy some posters like these:

DrFlapjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have one and that's the Dead Air from this poster pack. My friends and I played the crap out of that game and we each chose a poster.

No Caption Provided