Vinny, Brad, and Alex are leaving the site. Last day is Friday.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Damn this sucks, all good things come to an end.

Been listening to the podcast for 10+ years, will be missed.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I obviously wish nothing but the best for Brad, Alex, and Vinny. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying all three staff have been responsible for amazing content and some really great memories. There is honestly far too many to list and I can already see my watch count for Best of GB increasing. I appreciate Jeff adding that he's staying on, as with the remaining staff. Even still I don't hesitate to continue to support the vision of what GB is.

Also, my is this a lot to process. Thanks for everything you all have poured into the site though, seriously!

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By MobiusFun

Thanks Brad, Vinny, and Alex for your hard work!

And thanks to all of GiantBomb for being a positive part of my daily life for the last 7 or so years.

<>

DukeKaboom89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can’t believe it. I honestly can’t say enough good things about those guys and It’s gonna be hard to imagine the site without those guys there :(

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, why?? What are they moving to next, and what about the current site?

TheThillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you Brad, Alex, and Vinny for all the work you've done. Sad to see you three go, but I hope the decision was made to better the lives of yourselves and your families!

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@nelander said:

I almost wish. Jeff would have left too, that way there is no decision to make, its over, let the lady sing and the the curtain comes down.

Give it a few months.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I’m going to miss the hell out of all three of these guys. Some of the best people in any industry, I feel lucky to have seen so much of them onscreen for so long. They’re all going to be amazing in whatever they do next, and if it’s something I can follow, then I’ll be tuning in for sure.

silentsnake510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giant bomb was a huge influence on my video gaming life over the years. Was here from the start of arrow pointing down, and looking forward to see what they all end up doing post Giant Bomb. It’s been real duders <>

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

...so does anyone have a good suggestion on how to do bulk downloads of premium videos?

Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

<> <3 O~*

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

I really wish them the best. But I am broken hearing this news.

landhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really going to miss this. GB has been a big part of my life for a long time, got me through some real hard stuff. Everything ends, and new things begin. Thanks, duders. <>

chrispy145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sucks. I wish the best of luck for this site moving forward, but it won't be the Giant Bomb we all knew and love.

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been following them since the last few years they were Gamespot. Beta tester for GB and subscriber since they were first available on the Big Live Live Show (Live). Certainly the end of an era and tough to hear, but I'd be lying if I said the thought of the inevitable never crossed my mind.

Best of luck to all and to the team that remains.

spicymystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy crap.

Thanks for everything, Love y’all to death. If you all stay in the public space I’ll be certainly be following along. Good luck and best wishes!!

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By bill_mcneal

I legitimately feel like I'm going to throw up 😭

I just saw it posted on Kotaku and was--and still am--in shock.

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

It's been an amazing ride and they are definitely three of my favorite people out there.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Been here since the beginning...now I suppose it's time to blow this Giant Bomb up.

Much love to everyone on staff and everyone in this community.

norm9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Late to the GB party, but man, the bombcasts and quick looks got me through many a boring day.

Good luck to everyone leaving!

bombastius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

All three at once ?? Man that’s a bummer .. and well last time that happened ... some shit was afoot.

Best of luck to all of them , I really hope they stay online / visible in some capacity. Vinny Brad and Alex never fail to crack me up and brighten my day.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

So sad right now but I wish them the best and can't wait to see what they do next, including Jeff.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to Brad, Vinny, and Alex for the memories. It was a fun ride.

Time to move on. For staff and members alike.

chaoskiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's rough on me. Hope that GB can get more staff soon and I wish them the best.

camwil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By camwil

Wow, congratulations on the big life change. The three of you will be incredibly missed. Bummer!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa
deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys. You've been a comforting prescence for a decade of my life. I wish you all the best.

haxadecimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's amazing to think of how long I've been following these guys and how much they were a part of my entertainment. My memory is generally shot at this point, but I can remember so many specific times going for a walk and listening to the Bomb/Beastcast and really thinking of how long ago some of those moments were is kind of blowing my mind.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#128 FinalDasa  Moderator

Wait, why?? What are they moving to next, and what about the current site?

Personal reasons.

There will be more announcements about what is coming next. Just takes some time. GB is still continuing on.

oopprraahh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a middle age duder tearing up a bit in office cubicle trying to keep it on the down low so I don't have to try and explain to my coworkers how much a bunch of guys on a video game website meant to me.

Alucitary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to speculate too hard, but It sounds like Jeff is also ready to move on. Maybe just sticking around to build the site staff back out for a new generation. This is the end of an era, but I'll never forget it. This site has changed my life in so many ways, all for the better, and I can never repay these duders. On to the future, may it be brighter than any days we've yet seen.

Kay-the-Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Kay-the-Stray

<>

Good bye, old Giant Bomb.

All hail new Giant Bomb

Nuttism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I appreciate it happening like this, with all three announcing this at the same time, rather than the crew slowly getting pried apart. Thank you for all the entertainment over the years. I could feel how tired you were getting, so I can understand the move very well and I wish you the very best in whatever you do next, whether it is in the public sphere or if you would like to get away from that space.

capshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a surprise, but I wish them all the best.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hope they all go on to do great things but I'm pretty crushed hearing this. Giant Bomb has been a constant through some of my best, shittest and most formative years and losing 2/3 of the remaining originals plus Alex who has been around for so long seems like the end of an era.

Really anxious for what this means for the rest of the crew as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, it feels like the end of a era. Super curious what happens next both for Brad, Vinny and Alex as well as for the site. Still nothing but love for both Brad Vinny and Alex, hope what ever they do next makes them happy.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys have all been a big part of my entertainment consumption for the past 10 years or so. Thousands of hours of fun memories. Thanks for everything.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, that's unfortunate :(

I let my sub lapse a couple months ago because I got "off cycle" with the sales and was waiting for the next sale, but apart from video streaming services, GB is the only niche/enthusiast website I would ever pay for. Lot of amazing content over the years.

I'm going to miss the Beastcast more than anything.

KFJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so sad, but I understand that life takes us where it takes us and sometimes people want to make different choices in their careers. I hope all the duders do well in the future, I'll be happy to follow whatever they do :)

Thank you all for the ride!

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By alwaysbebombing

Well, all things must come to and end. Goodbye, Giant Bomb...

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#141  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Haven't been on the forums awhile but wanted to wish the three amigos Vinny, Alex and Brad the best of luck. GIANT Bomb played a significant part in my life and to see the three of them leave I won't lie kinda sucks. Hopefully this is all for the best and the three are so talented that I can't wait to see what they do next.

P.s Vinny now that you are a free agent any thoughts of talking to Chapelle about a Chapelle show revival. Think more Prince stories need to be told.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

<>

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish them well, hope they can move forward to bigger and better things. Thank you for the years of content!

grizmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By grizmack

Just want to take a minute to say thank you to the crew. GB has been the one constant in my adult life and I cannot express enough my gratitude for all of the work you've put into making this site as special as it has been.

Best of luck in whatever adventures come next!

FistOfFiori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's amazing to think of how long I've been following these guys and how much they were a part of my entertainment. My memory is generally shot at this point, but I can remember so many specific times going for a walk and listening to the Bomb/Beastcast and really thinking of how long ago some of those moments were is kind of blowing my mind.

Yeah, I had to look it up to see when it happened but it blows my mind that it was 2008 (13 years ago!!) that they and Ryan left Gamespot, Jeff's dismissal being a bit earlier in 2007 even! That's a whole Mass Effect/Assassin's Creed franchise lifetime ago!

I'll for sure look forward to what they do next and and how things will be for Jeff and the team remaining at Giant Bomb.

sbarre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad, Vinny and Alex.. you're amazing!

Thank your for all your work and all the time you've given us...

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#147 FinalDasa  Moderator
Comic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they suffer less burnout and the change helps them all enjoy life to the fullest, whether that be somewhere we can follow or not. I'm reeling, I have no idea what Giant Bomb is going to be moving forward but it'll definitely be a bigger change than we've seen so far.

strikerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crazy, been around since 09 or so, been an on and off stable for over decade for me. Wish everyone all the best, hope they all do well and recover from this.

Time to rebrand into J4 (+ Rorie)

rcath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont know what to do or even what to think.