What are you trying to cram in before GotY?

• 110 results
meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

With GotY fast approaching thought it would be interesting to see where everyone is at as far as finishing the expected (or unexpected) contenders.

For me I have a few more hours of MGS V left but I am staring at Undertale, Fallout 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Just Cause 3 and Halo 5. On top of those I should probably spend more time with Galak-Z and give Her Story a shot as well as I expect Austin to bring those up. SOMA isn't my type of game so I won't worry about that. Realistically I will probably try to get through Undertale and put some decent hours into Fallout and Tomb Raider.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

I want to play through Technobabylon, and I want to beat Downwell at least once. That's probably it. Maybe some other stuff, but I'm not keen on doing the whole 'completing games that I'm not enjoying, just so I can say I played it' thing. I'm making a conscious effort to cut loose games that I just can't get into...

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Just Cause 3.

Fallout 4

I'll likely get AC: Syndicate and Tomb Raider for Christmas so I'm no chance with them

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just finished Tomb Raider and since I have no interest in most of the big games this year, I guess I'm ready.

I'm enjoying Dangaronpa: Another Episode a lot more than I thought I would at the moment, and that will probably be in my top 10.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've finished maybe...five games that came out this year, so no need for cramming over here. Tomb Raider's taking the GOTY cake for me.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I'm so far behind, it feels kinda hopeless. This year is incredibly dense, it's awesome. But I might not listen to the GotY cast till sometime next year to avoid spoilers and such.

Going to try and finish FF Type 0, MGS V and Life is Strange if I can before Christmas. I already know those are going to make my list.

I really wish I had a way to play Tomb Raider, because man that looks like it could be GotY for me.

j4yk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By j4yk

I just want to play Undertale before the year ends. I found this year had great story drivin games like Witcher 3 and Life is Strange.

John_Wiswell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started Tales From the Borderlands and am really enjoying it. It nails its own Telltale-ish characters with Borderlands-ish humor. There's a moment where I told Zero how cool he was that was absolutely hilarious.

I want to knock out Undertale and Broforce next. Undertale shouldn't take me long.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Witcher 3. The problem with starting something this late is I maybe don't have the time to really mull over it. My big debate at the minute is MGS V vs. Bloodborne for our site's GOTY. I guess Life is Strange is an easy one to sit down with, too.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I'm not going to even try playing Just Cause 3 before the end of the month. As long as I get a little further into Tomb Raider I'm happy.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing. If I didn't already play it then it probably not goty.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By mike

Nothing, really. Personally I don't subscribe to the arbitrary cutoff date for some list that really doesn't mean anything anyway. I'm curious to see what the guys pick as their favorites, and I'll probably create a list of my own for the Community GOTY aggregation, but that's about it. My list will be made up of the games I managed to play this year - I missed a lot, and so be it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I don't work for a game site so not trying to cram anything in. I bought Evil Within on sale because it was dirt cheap so I might play some of that. I'm warming up slightly to Fallout 4, but that is an ongoing hot/cold kind of relationship. I might pick up Just Cause 3, we'll see. Kind of wanted to play that on console but from the looks of it I'll be better off getting the PC version even with my slightly aging setup.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d056614f191a
deactivated-5d056614f191a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I dont need to play it to call my GOTY

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By awesomeusername

Nothing because I've been kind of burnt out on games these past couple months. I played a handful of hours of The Witcher back on release and decided to wait on patches before I jumped back in. I put 18 hours in MGSV and just stopped playing even though I was loving it. Put about 40 hours in Fallout 4 and haven't touched it in days because I don't feel like playing. Got halfway through Soma but hardly feel in the mood for a horror game. In other words, I have a shit load of games to play and never feel like playing because it's to much to choose from. I'll end up making a list of games I enjoyed in no particular order because I'm just to burnt out to try and finish games to make a list that 10 people will comment on. It's nuts that I finished like 70+ games last year and only 23 this year (only 8 were 2015 games (some were PC ports of 2014 games)).

BoringK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Witcher 3, Undertale, AC: Syndicate. I started on Fallout 4 but it just feels like more of the same so I'm going to finish the other open world games I mentioned before going back to it.

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

I'm making desperate attempts to finish MGSV before they spoil the story for me in one of the podcasts, but it's hopeless at this point. I'm at mission 30, and usually have about the time to finish three to four of them per week. I also can't bring myself to not play the side-ops, so yeah. It isn't happening.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tales from the Borderlands and Mario Maker.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HH

tomb raider and halo 5, but that means buying an x1, don't know if it's going to happen, especially with how content i am with fallout and battlefront right now

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd maybe like to play through Undertale because it seems like a game you should play without knowing too much about but like others have said, there's nothing I want to cram in because I don't have some sort of deadline article or podcast to be a part of.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played the games that I wanted to play this year. I'm not feeling a huge urge to try can keep up with the crew here. I will probably wait for the complete edition of Witcher III at this point. And probably won't get Bloodborne at this point because I don't want to burn out before DKsIII. I only played SOtFS a few months ago.

Weirdly enough I picked up a cheap copy of Rogue Warrior for cheap on Steam after Jeff tweeted about I read how terrible it was. Looking forward to checking it out.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Nothing really. Unless it's a game that's essentially all about the story, like Life Is Strange, I already have a good enough idea of how I feel about it and where it'll rank on my list.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

As many packets of Wotsits before I am sick.

I feel like I've played nearly everything I wanted to.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I just wanted to get through one 2015 game before GOTY stuff happened, so I played through Undertale in one sitting a few days ago. I probably won't get around to playing anything else that came out this year, let alone beating any of them. I'm a few years behind; I just beat Dishonored a few hours ago, and that's a 2012 release I think.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't work for a video game website so my GOTY list doesn't matter enough for me to 'cram.' Nobody is going to read my list anyway, and I'm pretty sure people would probably hate it if they did. It's not finalized yet, but I think my #1 is a game that came out in mid-December of last year, my #2 is a remix/remaster of another 2014 game, and most of this year's high-profile releases I either didn't like or didn't play.

If you're instead implying that I should be cramming so that I can fully enjoy the GOTY podcasts: I stopped listening to them and caring after The Great Skyrim Debacle of 2011. I still really love the personal lists, and there's definitely something to be said for 'recognizing' and reflecting on the games that came out that year, but I feel like the overall site-wide 1-10 list loses more and more meaning each year. I bet Jeff would get rid of it if he could, but, like scores on reviews, it's probably too ingrained in industry, corporate, and even visitor expectations at this point.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Games I'm still playing through and want to finish:

MGSV

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Bloodborne The Old Hunters DLC

Games I'm hoping to start playing and finish this month:

Undertale

Life is Strange

Potential GOTY contenders (for me personally) that I'm just not gonna have the time for before January:

The Witcher 3

Fallout 4

Halo 5

Super Mario Maker

Stasis

Downwell

Crypt of the Necrodancer

Just Cause 3

You Must Build A Boat

Pillars of Eternity

Madden NFL 16

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I could get back to Tales From The Borderlands but my Xbox One is at my parents after I moved and they are across a continent

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Solid V is probably all I can realistically get through. I'd love to try out Fallout 4 but there's only so many open world games I can get in back to back haha.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#29  Edited By SubwayD

Got Fallout 4, The Witcher 3, Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Just Cause 3 sitting on my PC, unplayed. Oh boy.

Oh, does Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void count as a 2015 game? I've got that to play as well.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I want to finish Witcher 3, Life is Strange, Her Story, Tales of Zestiria, Fatal Frame 5, Cradle, play some Xenoblade Chronicles X and Just Cause 3.

Damn. When I write it out it looks even worse.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

At this point, it's mainly going to be Fallout 4 that I'm trying to get in. There are a few more games, but I know I won't be able to finish them in time for it all.

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to finish Fallout 4, then on to Legacy of the Void campaign, Just Cause 3, and I need to squeeze in Undertale.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Nothing, honestly. I will play more Fallout 4 and Witcher 3, but my opinion of those games is locked in. I purchased Until Dawn and Dark Souls 2 (already played DS2 on Ps3) on sale, but I doubt either of those will make it into my GotY list...but you never know. I also would like to play some of the new Bloodborne DLC but with my first child being born sometime in the next month I have no idea how much I will actually get in.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm not sure about cramming before the year end, but I'd like to finish MGSV before I listen to the discussions (which might mean waiting until next Summer if I don't finish in this holiday break before going back to university). I'm very unlikely to finish anything else and I have no qualms with making lists of games I have not finished: There's no reason why my personal list can't change as I play more in the future.

Nevertheless, I'm going to be playing a tonne of Xenoblade Chronicles X (sort of disappointed I have to wait an extra week after release before I'm home to play it, but that's good from a productivity standpoint).

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nothing. I'm playing ac Syndicate right now, but at my own pace. By the way, I'm surprised by how much I like it so far! That grapple gun is a game changer

j_unit2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Finish Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Undertale, BLOPS 3, and the last episode of Game of Thrones.....I'm doomed.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By Mortuss_Zero

I'd like to get farther into Puzzle & Dragons. Other than that, I've played more recent games this year than probably any year before, so I'm doing just fine.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike said:

Nothing, really. Personally I don't subscribe to the arbitrary cutoff date for some list that really doesn't mean anything anyway. I'm curious to see what the guys pick as their favorites, and I'll probably create a list of my own for the Community GOTY aggregation, but that's about it. My list will be made up of the games I managed to play this year - I missed a lot, and so be it.

Pretty much this. Cramming to play games for GOTY ain't my job. Hell, the past two weeks I fell back into Skyrim HARD.

As for podcast spoilers, if I really don't want to hear something they're discussing I'll just skip ahead a few minutes until it sounds like they're past it.

Huntin 4 Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There were a lot of amazing games this year, and the past month or so I've fallen pretty hard into all the multiplayer shooters that just came out. Who knows when I'll finish Witcher 3, or get into Fallout 4.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm not cramming anything in. GOTY isn't a time period. It's a way of life.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Redhotchilimist

I was considering playing the new Tomb Raider, Tales of Zestiria and Tales of the Borderlands before GOTY talks so I don't get spoiled on something fun, but I don't really think there's a rush. I have heard next to no podcast talk about the latter two, and the story in the first one seems to be The Last Crusade.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Absolutely nothing. Gonna' play me some games and enjoy my time with them, and maybe write something about my feelings on 'em come the end of the year. Or not. Rushing through a game just so that you can take part of the discourse around it sounds to me like the worst kind of book-club experience. Will end up lessening your enjoyment with them as well, more like than not.

There's been a metric ton and a half of fantastic games come out this year, so I figure there'll be plenty to discuss even if you didn't make it through every last one of 'em.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My mouse is hovering over the 'Add To Cart' button for Soma on Steam, and the sale has only a few hours left.

At this stage I need a reason not to buy it, and can't come up with any.

fimbark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only thing that I went out of my way to play before game of the year was Axiom Verge. I've kept myself pretty up to date on the other titles that interested me that may appear in their discussions otherwise.

devilgunman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really need to play Undertale. There will be a huge discussion about this game for sure and considering most of the bombcrew played it they will thoroughly spoil it.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just Cause 3.

Fallout 4

I'll likely get AC: Syndicate and Tomb Raider for Christmas so I'm no chance with them

Exactly this.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to finish MGS 5

Fallout 4

Undertale

Xenoblade Chronicles X

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@dave_tacitus: Only reason I can think of is that it's not a big discount, but it's still definitely worth that price. If you're into psychological horror and other Frictional games, then you'll almost certainly be into this. There's less running & hiding and more of an emphasis on exploration and story...

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Ideally I'd like to finish Bloodborne but in all honesty it'll probably make my list even if I don't finish by the end of the year because I just like that game's styyyyyyyle. This is yet another year that I won't own a WiiU so that's not happening. Stuff like Just Cause 3, Fallout 4, and Rise of the Tomb Raider are ones that I'd like to play at some point but I'm in no rush to do it this year. There are a handful of adventure games that people seem to be high on that I'd like to play namely Cradle, Tales from the Borderlands, and Life is Strange. Again none of these are really demanding my time as of right now. I more or less have my personal top ten nailed down and I can honestly say it's been a pretty good year for gaming in my life.