What Are Your Favourites Quotes?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

What are your favourite quotes from videogame characters?

Feel free to leave quotes without reference to who said them, so that others can guess the source. Put them in italics so they can be clearly seen though.

apol- title typo.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheFreeMan

"Thought I'd try shooting my way out. Mix things up a bit"
-Master Chief.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead
'Do you believe love can bloom, even on the battlefield?' among many, many others from the Metal Gear Solid series. A lot of people don't like its overt poetry but I dig it.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By brukaoru

"That was too close, you were almost a Jill sandwich!" - Barry Burton, Resident Evil PlayStation.
"I hear it's amazing when the Purple-stuffed worm in Flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw-blink on Hari-kiri Rock! I need scissors! 61!"  - Colonel. Metal Gear Solid 2.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

HandsomeDead said:
"'Do you believe love can bloom, even on the battlefield?' among many, many others from the Metal Gear Solid series. A lot of people don't like its overt poetry but I dig it."

I do too, in a tongue in cheek sorta way.  MG has charm and a degree of flair to it's writing, It''s also the delivery of such lines that adds to the appeal and makes it feel distinctly Metal Gear. 

Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mercator

"I am faster than ten fast men" Bionic Commando: Elite Forces

"You spoony bard" FInal Fantasy IV

What is the difference between a man and a parasite? A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?' A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?' A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God...' Andrew Ryan - Bioshock

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bullet_Jr

May the Lord cry...and the Devil have mercy.

-Killer7

lodar011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lodar011
TheFreeMan said:
""Thought I'd try shooting my way out. Mix things up a bit"
-Master Chief."
This
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks
Bullet_Jr said:
"May the Lord cry...and the Devil have mercy.

-Killer7"

Awesome game, with awesome dialogue.

No More Heroes has some fine examples too.

"That was quite a move. I'll admit you've got potential. If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious." - Travis Touchdown

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bullet_Jr
Linkyshinks said:
"Bullet_Jr said:

-Killer7"

"That was quite a move. I'll admit you've got potential. If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious." - Travis Touchdown

"
Right, as does Contact. This is why Suda 51 is my fav celebrity developer, his games are just steezy and have interesting and exotic characters and dialogue. I look forward to the NMH sequel, despite not finishing the first game yet.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks
Bullet_Jr said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"Bullet_Jr said:

-Killer7"

"
Right, as does Contact. This is why Suda 51 is my fav celebrity developer, his games are just steezy and have interesting and exotic characters and dialogue. I look forward to the NMH sequel, despite not finishing the first game yet."

Same here. Have you seen the film the game was based upon?, El Topo. It's on VEOH legally and in full form, to download if you are a registered member (free).

The film is f**king crazy and has some lol worthy moments. Well worth watching if your a fan. It's wise to be drunk when watching it because it's so bizarre it would be hard to bare any other way.

EDIT:

http://www.veoh.com/matureContentVerification.html?permalink=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.veoh.com%2Fvideos%2Fv1156153fsRaexeM%3Fconfirmed%3D1

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Steve_C

"So i went where i was supposed to and waited for the guy to show up. And there he was, this cat, well-dressed, cool... couldn't figure out if he was the shit... or just plain old shit."

Travis Touchdown is so awesome. I didn't know about that movie, so I'll have to watch it sometime.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HandsomeDead

On the whole Suda51 theme:

'The name's Andrei Ulmeyda. I am a man with a plan. The people will come to me for salvation. I have a hunch, that something's gonna happen, take this Stacy concert goin' on right here. Something very bad is gonna happen here. You know the kinda people that come to these Stacy concerts, these dudes have got energy to spare. I'm talking guys who beat off four times a day! This is an epicenter of energy, man. But this Stacy they love, she's an, she's an illusion, but in the new age, there's no foolin' them, no sir, they won't be fooled by illusions anymore! Oh, oh my God! I can't hold back! Oh, oh, God! Oh, I'm comin'! Oh, oh, Whaaa-hah! Hoo! See, I told you. This is real!'

I love that monologue.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bullet_Jr
HandsomeDead said:
"On the whole Suda51 theme:

'The name's Andrei Ulmeyda. I am a man with a plan. The people will come to me for salvation. I have a hunch, that something's gonna happen, take this Stacy concert goin' on right here. Something very bad is gonna happen here. You know the kinda people that come to these Stacy concerts, these dudes have got energy to spare. I'm talking guys who beat off four times a day! This is an epicenter of energy, man. But this Stacy they love, she's an, she's an illusion, but in the new age, there's no foolin' them, no sir, they won't be fooled by illusions anymore! Oh, oh my God! I can't hold back! Oh, oh, God! Oh, I'm comin'! Oh, oh, Whaaa-hah! Hoo! See, I told you. This is real!'

I love that monologue.
"
Cloud Man for the win.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Snipzor
HandsomeDead said:
"On the whole Suda51 theme:

I love that monologue.
"
Damn! Beat me to it. How 'bout some Deus Ex.

"A bunch of pretentious old men playing at running the world. But the world left them behind long ago. We are the future"
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Linkyshinks

You gotta love that Cloud Man stuff,  you just don't find anything like it to the same degree in other videogames.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#17  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

From Duke Nukem:
My name is Duke Nukem, and I'm coming to get the rest of you alien bastards.
Damn, I'm looking good!
Damn, you're ugly!
Guess again, freakshow. I,m coming back to town, and the last thing that's gonna go through your mind before you die... is my size 13 boot!
I feel like drinkin' a gallon o' turpentine, and pissing on a brush fire.
I like a good cigar, and a bad woman.
Your face, your ass, what's the difference?

From Full Throttle's Ben:
Candygram.
I'm selling these fine leather jackes.  (also from Indiana Jones)
When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible.  No one can stop me... but they try.

From Final Fantasy VII's Cid:
Shut up!  Sit your ass down and drink your goddamn tea!
Maybe God would forgive an ugly shit like you, but I won't!

From Space Quest 3 and 4's narrator:
You get the ladder, and put it in your pocket.  Ouch.
Thanks for playing.  As usual, you've been a real pantload.

From Leisure Suit Larry:
I'm Larry.  Larry Laffer.  Heh heh.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By RHCPfan24
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well. - Andrew Ryan
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Bring me my rape shoes.
The Wizard of Oz parody robot chicken.

TGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TGB

Kefka: Can't you do any better than that!? You're way off! Where're you
aiming!?
Kefka: More to the right!
Kefka: Run! Run! Or you'll be well done!
Kefka: Bull's-eye!

Kefka: Oh dear... Well, I guess I was a bit hasty in calling you a useless
old man before... NOW you're useless!

Ouch, I loved Kefka because he was always so brutally honest and dastardly. He had some of the best zingers.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Discorsi

Stalin was fuckin full of crazy awsome quotes.  he might not say them in the game per say but who cares ;p.

Anyways here are two that i like.

"When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope"

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By c1337us

I'm a big fan of Gordon Freeman. Everything that man says is deep.